Who should coach the Bengals next year?

goodbyeMarvin

Who should coach the Bengals next year? Should they hire a old veteran coach, or a young whipper snapper. Good veteran coaches available:

-Bill Cowher

-Bill Parcells

-Dick Vermeil

-Maybe Andy Reid?

-Jim Fassell

-Dan Reeves

-Jim Mora Jr.

-Schottenheimer

Do any of these guys sound better than Marvin Lewis? What about some up and coming coaches? Looking at Tomlin over in Pittsburgh I kinda would like to see some new young energy, but at the same time I think the team needs a disciplinarian like a Parcells or Coughlin. Just please dont bring in someone that uses stupid themes like "keep on shoveling" or "one heartbeat". Seriuosly. This is not High School.

My votes would be

1.)Marvin Lewis

If some how he's not our coach next year then i'd vote for

-schottenheimer He knows to win,Ya his playoff record is knock but you know hes a good coach.

-Bill Cowher -Though it would be hard because of his 15 years with steelers but he does know how to win even if it took 15 years for SB ring.

-Bill Parcells-Hell No

-Dick Vermeil-Offense was the key

-Maybe Andy Reid?-No

-Jim Fassell - &*(^ &*^*&^ NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have been cool with him on coaching staff but not HC.

-Dan Reeves-Loved him when he was coaching the falcons but I rather have schottenheimer or fresh young mind like tomlin

-Jim Mora Jr.- See Jim Fassell

I honestly don't see how anyone who watched the game yesterday and can conclude that Marvin Lewis is the problem. Carson single handledly lost that game for us, he threw 4 ints which resulted in 21 pts. Carson was forcing throws all game long and only went long once, he played horriblely.

Were are the threads bashing Carson, is he above rebuke. When Chad has a bad game nobody thinks twice about calling him every name under the sun, shouldn't Carson get the same treatment?

I honestly don't see how anyone who watched the game yesterday and can conclude that Marvin Lewis is the problem. Carson single handledly lost that game for us, he threw 4 ints which resulted in 21 pts. Carson was forcing throws all game long and only went long once, he played horriblely.

Were are the threads bashing Carson, is he above rebuke. When Chad has a bad game nobody thinks twice about calling him every name under the sun, shouldn't Carson get the same treatment?

For me, it's not even about that.

I'm not into playing the blame game right now.....

Agree - Carson threw some bad INT's...Chad had a bad fumble...we had trouble running the ball. On top of all this Arizona is NOT a pushover team.

It's way to easy to blame everything on Marvin and there are a LOT of other factors to consider. Kneejerk emotional reactions lead to very poor decisions...

It's so much more than just yesterdays game. This team has regressed in every phase.

I believe we are seeing the effects of poor decision making for the past three years. Especially the loss of Hue Jackson. Our wide receivers need a person that they can talk and relate to and Shepard is not the guy.

In hind site wouldn't have been the better decision to offer Hue the Offensive coordinator job and get rid of Bratkowski?

What does Brat bring to the table? Nothing.

Bench Carson for the start of the game next week, everyone needs to know that they have to work hard to earn what they want. Just for a play or two. I don't think we'll be any worse off. Some of his decisions yesterday were atrosious.

It's so much more than just yesterdays game. This team has regressed in every phase.

I believe we are seeing the effects of poor decision making for the past three years. Especially the loss of Hue Jackson. Our wide receivers need a person that they can talk and relate to and Shepard is not the guy.

In hind site wouldn't have been the better decision to offer Hue the Offensive coordinator job and get rid of Bratkowski?

Bench Carson for the start of the game next week, everyone needs to know that they have to work hard to earn what they want. Just for a play or two. I don't think we'll be any worse off. Some of his decisions yesterday were atrosious.

Are you kidding me? Bench Carson? Do you actually think that's going to happen? Do you think that would have a positive outcome?

Do you think the colts should have benched peyton after last week?

silly

That is just not true, there are certain areas of the teams that have improved.

TJ has become our most consistant and reliable player, being that he was a 7th round pick.

The defense has gotten better in the last two weeks, as has special teams.

Did you really suggest they bench Carson? Bench Carson in favor who??

Peyton Manning threw 6 ints and his team lost maybe the Colts should bench him too to send a message?

That is a very good point. How can anyone say this is a better team than two or three years ago? For every step forward Marvin takes two steps back. This team is going in the wrong direction, and now even the players are challenging the head coach.

As for as coordinators and coaches go, they are as much to blame for the teams problems. But in the end Marvin is in charge of those guys- he brings these guys in, and he retains them. Marvin seems to be a loyal guy- how else can you explain retaining Chuck B.- and thats a big problem. Remember how Mike Brons loyalty gave us the lost decade of the 90's? Its no wonder the Brown family loves Marvin so much.

Why do people even care? Just go to the games and be social, be seen, act stupid, dress up in costumes (whatever that is all about these days) and just be happy you get to watch live NFL games, right? The Bengals are just a cardboard stand-in NFL team, and players like Chad play for themselves, because they know they won't win anything here. Carson is a big wuss and just plays for a check - the guy looks like he'd rather be home sitting on the couch, and I'm sure he'll retire after he has an acceptably long career and his bank accounts are where he wants them.

We'll never be the Pats or the Colts or the Steelers, or Green Bay or Dallas.

The Bungals will always be the Bungals, they will not change much, they'll keep doing what they do. They won't spend $ on high priced FA's, or coaches or scouts, they won't go the extra mile to give players here what they need to be great, they will always cut corners and keep doing things the way Mike was taught back in the 60's and 70's and 80's before free agency and the cap, only slowly and painfully making a mild change here and there over time when things get bad enough to start threatening income.

I just see no hope for this franchise, they are who we thought they were!

Carson is a big wuss and just plays for a check - the guy looks like he'd rather be home sitting on the couch, and I'm sure he'll retire after he has an acceptably long career and his bank accounts are where he wants them.

Come on!! Do you really believe that?!?!

That's the most rediculous thing I've heard in awhile...

Carson is a big wuss and just plays for a check - the guy looks like he'd rather be home sitting on the couch, and I'm sure he'll retire after he has an acceptably long career and his bank accounts are where he wants them.

Come on!! Do you really believe that?!?!

That's the most rediculous thing I've heard in awhile...

Yeah, Carson's effort and motives are the least of our worries. That was a pretty ludicrous statement, Shula.

We'll never be the Pats or the Colts or the Steelers, or Green Bay or Dallas.

How long is your memory? Before and after getting whipped by the Bears in the SB in 1985, the Patriots were horrendous -- a league doormat. If it weren't for Tampa Bay, the Pats would have been the league's biggest joke (same with the 49'ers prior to 1980 ... and now).

The Bengals have some problems, but you simply betray a lack of perspective or football knowledge to suggest that teams like the Patriots have always been dominant -- they just haven't. So, if you were a Pats fan in 1995, I'm guessing you'd have bailed out long before now anyway. And, one more thing, I've noticed that you're now apparently above-it-all. You claim to not spend any money in support of the Bengals and don't even watch the games. But somehow you have enough time to post on this website....of a team you can't stand and don't support....whose owner you hate....that will never be a winner. Interesting irony, no?

And, one more thing, I've noticed that you're now apparently above-it-all. You claim to not spend any money in support of the Bengals and don't even watch the games. But somehow you have enough time to post on this website....of a team you can't stand and don't support....whose owner you hate....that will never be a winner. Interesting irony, no?

He might really just be a Masochist. You never know! :rolleyes:

And, one more thing, I've noticed that you're now apparently above-it-all. You claim to not spend any money in support of the Bengals and don't even watch the games. But somehow you have enough time to post on this website....of a team you can't stand and don't support....whose owner you hate....that will never be a winner. Interesting irony, no?

He might really just be a Masochist. You never know! :rolleyes:

I do think there is a large portion of the fanbase that qualifies on that score.

Here's a name nobody has mentioned yet:

Chargers, Bengals, Ravens could be interested in Jason Garrett

Sunday, Nov 18, 2007 9:22 am EST

Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has emerged as a candidate for a head coaching job in the NFL. According to the Dallas Morning News there are three potential openings that might interest Garrett.

The San Diego Chargers are the most attractive with all the offensive skills the team has. There is also the Cincinnati Bengals, who do have Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. And finally, the Baltimore Ravens, who need an offensive-minded coach.

Source: Dallas Morning News

My take on who should run the team next year...note there are still a number of assistant coacheing and scouting opportunities available...please forward your resume to shulasteakhouse@howdidIgetropedintothis?.com :lmao:

Powerless GM: ShulaSteakhouse

Head Coach: membengal

Offensive Co-ordinator: ArmyBengal

Offensive line coach: Jet23

RB coach: Jim Anderson (don't mess with success)

WR coach: HairOnFire

TE coach: Jet23 (same as an o-lineman anyhow)

Defensive Co-ordinator: Ox

Defensive line coach: Billybroome

LB coach: agreen 112

Secondary coach: Patternmaster

ST coach: kazkal

Annoying Dayton newspaper reporter: TJ Jackson

Boring Cincy Enquirer reporter: HoosierCat

Bengals.com editor: bengalsfansince68

Color announcer: BengalByTheBay

Play-by-play: derekshank

Sideline reporters: DC Bengals Fan, skyline

Equipment manager: BengalBax