Just a mirage

bengalsfan17

I know all you Bengals fans out there are smart enough to not get too high on this defense or anyone on this defense after a game against one of the worst offenses I have ever seen in the Ravens....I know that you might think that some players played well I warn you not to get too high because of who they were playing against....It was all just a mirage......Also, our offense needs to start getting sixes and not three's..finish off a drive would you!

I see what you're saying.. but i think I'll go to be tonight just as happy that we scored 3 touchdowns today, just backwards. I'll take the W.

ill take the win too

but our d always does well on baltimore. i dunno why

we almost shut them out last season too before a last quarter TD

It's a different team with Chris Henry on it.

Just saying...

Very true statement.

At the OP...

No one is getting high on our defense. In fact, if you looked at the game thread we were all making a mockery of the game because we know how inept the Ravens offense is. HOWEVER, you have to give the D some credit. We have some guys stepping up and playing really well lately. Ndukwe played GREAT tonight and he has really impressed pretty much all season. He needs to be given the starting job, stat. Plus, you had guys like Fanene and Rucker making plays, which they have NEVER done. Then you have Hall who is getting better and better every week. Like you said, it was the Ravens, so you can't get to high, but this defense does have a few very nice young players who need to develop and they showed some of what they can do tonight.

i do like some of the young players like geathers, hall, brooks, fanene...that is why i said not to sign justin smith this past offseason because we have some younger players that could do just as well and be cheaper.....i like marvin white better than ndukwe though and jonathan joseph doesnt like to hit at all, his is soft.....i think they need a playmaking linebacker and a stud defensive tackle

I know all you Bengals fans out there are smart enough to not get too high on this defense or anyone on this defense after a game against one of the worst offenses I have ever seen in the Ravens....I know that you might think that some players played well I warn you not to get too high because of who they were playing against....It was all just a mirage......Also, our offense needs to start getting sixes and not three's..finish off a drive would you!

we all know that this team is not very good right now. then we also we are at least better the the ratbirds but a win is a win so just enjoy it while it last.

Guys - I know the Ravens offense isn't world class but I swear Hall looks like he is getting better and smarter (slowly) every game. He had a couple of blocked passes last night that gave me goose bumps - very athletic. He has taken his fair share of criticism on this board but I really have a feeling that he has a very bright future. What do you think?

Guys - I know the Ravens offense isn't world class but I swear Hall looks like he is getting better and smarter (slowly) every game. He had a couple of blocked passes last night that gave me goose bumps - very athletic. He has taken his fair share of criticism on this board but I really have a feeling that he has a very bright future. What do you think?

so far not to bad for a rookie could be better. but we also said the same about jj and now look at him he is not very good this season. i just hope hall can contiue to progress and not regress like jj.

I think Hall takes criticism a lot because he played at Michigan and there are a lot of OSU homers on this board who remember Ginn Jr. having his way with Hall. I think he gains confidence every snap he plays in every game. If he keeps playing like this he could win the DROy this year and should be the starter over JJ.

For what it's worth, I don't care about the Big 10 at all and I've seen Hall get toasted quite a few times. Although I also have to question the wisdom of leaving him 1 on 1 with the other team's #1 receiver as often as he has, so I also place blame with Chuck and Madieu who seems to be late getting over to help.

Still taking a wait and see with Hall. He's nowhere near ROY, but he's getting better. I've been really disappointed with Joseph, I'm hoping he looks better next year if he stays healthy.