Battle of the Losers/Jets Fans Thoughts

LesterLyles

Thought I'd check in during Jets - Bengals week. What a dissappointment, huh; I thought this was gonna be a big matchup. My Jets have been awful this year. We always knew Penny's defeciencies but he still always played well and won. This is the first year he is playing badly; plain and simple. he doesn't have the phycical tools to compensate for making mistakes. Our D is soft and gets pushed around and they give up too much cushion; could be a big day for Carson.

I think Cincy is the bigger dissappointment simply b/c they have more talent. While I hink most of the units are evenly matched, Cincy has 2 bonafide stars. No excuse to be 1-4. IMO Leiws has done a poor job w/ this team and deserves most of the blame. Seems to be no disciplined and i find it hard to believe a defensive guru hasn't been able to fix it.

We'll see what happens. If Pennington plays, I think it will be a good game down to the wire. Other than the Pats the Jets have had a chance to win every game w/ Penny usually blowing it at the end. I think something similar could happen. If he is traded (big rumor this week in NY) and Clemens play, who knows what will happen.

Good luck fellas.

Good luck fellas.

Thanks, Lester, you too.

I expect Mangini will give the Bengals a heavy dose of Thomas Jones, which in turn will open up passing opportunities for Penny. Hell, if Huard can cut us up, I'm sure he still has that much in him. OTOH, I thought the Bengals O could score repeatedly on the Jets' D...but then the wheels fell off the O in the last two games and right now I'm not sure they could score on a high school squad.

Frankly, I wouldn't bet on this game with a Pitt fan's money...

This season has been a major dissapointment for Jet fans as I'm sure it has been for all of you. Prior to the season, I had actually tentatively scheduled a road trip to visit your beautiful city for the first time this week and watch what I anticipated would be a fun game. I usually travel to at least one road game per year. However, the Jets have sucked all the life and passion out of the majority of their fans this year including me. As for the game, well.... the Jet defense cannot pressure the QB at all so Carson should have all day to throw in spite of the injuries to Cincy's O-line. Rudy and/or Kenny should also have plenty of room to run. Darrelle Revis, the corner NY took a few slots ahead of Leon Hall, appears to have the skills to become a shutdown corner. I look forward to seeing how he does against 2 of the best in TJ and Ocho. The other corner spot is a revolving door of average/below average players that will likely allow numerous completions to 84 or 85. I know that the Bengals LB core has been decimated by injuries. The desperate signing of Anthony Schlegel, "the boar hunter", was kind of a joke to Jet fans. He was a 3rd round pick that was labeled a bust after his first preseason game. He was not even athletic enough to play on special teams. The Jets are a bad football team with only a few bright spots. Cotchery and Coles are very good and are a grossly underrated tandem IMO. Leon Washington is explosive in the open field and the 2nd best KR in the league behind only Devin Hester. He has 2 returns for TD's and almost broke his 3rd vs. Philly yesterday. Any Special Teams Coach that kicks to Leon is fn' nuts. I have seen Glenn Holt return a few kicks and he appears to have lead in his cleats (I'm surprised they can't find someone better than him.) Truthfully, most Jet fans will watch soley on the chance that Chad will get benched in favor of Kellen Clemens.

Prediction:

Bengals 27 Jets 16

P.S. Chris Henry, seriously, is my favorite player that does not play in NY. I believe he would be a #1 WR on many teams and hope he manages to stay out of trouble. I was at Invesco Field in Denver last year for that "bobbled extra point" game in the light snow. "Uno Cinco" absolutely torched Darrent Williams (may he R.I.P) that day. He caught a TD and had a long TD called back because of a holding call. Denver eventually pulled Williams from the game and tried a backup safety to cover Henry in the 4th quarter.

I think you overestimate us. The lack of defense has crushed the life out of this team. Our pathetic drafts has drained our talent pool. You cant win without talent and we have NONE on defense. Starting Schlegel is a perfect example. Lombardi, Parcells, and Buddy Ryan couldnt coach this defense.

We are pretty good at winning meaningless games in December though. Lucky for you its October.

Go Bengals!

:bengal:

I know that the Bengals LB core has been decimated by injuries. The desperate signing of Anthony Schlegel, "the boar hunter", was kind of a joke to Jet fans. He was a 3rd round pick that was labeled a bust after his first preseason game. He was not even athletic enough to play on special teams.

Schlegal has been OK, all things considered...a few good plays matched by a few ugly whiffs. I don't think he ever fit the Jets' scheme. He might actually be a decent backup in Cincy once he gets a real chance to learn the system.

Misery loves company indeed. The signing of Schlegel is probably the best indicator of how desperate this team is b/c of injuries. I dont know of another team that has had its linebacker, offensive line, running back and wide receiver corps as decimated as ours have been by injuries or by Goodell Castro himself. It's obvious that Henry is a key cog for our team and that Chad has a skewed sense of how a team works (the line blocks effectively, everyone runs their routs hard and precisely, and then maybe Carson will throw the ball to you...all these things have to happen Chad before you can get celebrate your greatness). This is a very young, or better yet, immature team and it shows right now b/c of the players who have been forced to play early or out of position. Geathers is our best pass rusher by far and last week we had to line him up as a OLB and drop him in coverage b/c there was nobody else left, needless to say thats partly why Tony Gonzalez lit us up. Is Leon W. your backup RB? I wish we had him, or at least a player like him, alas Chris Perry and Kenny Irons are injured and cant spell Rudi, who runs like the Fridge only 150lb lighter and just as fast/quick. Then again Rudi is hurt too so we have Kenny Watson starting, who is basically a JAG (Just A Guy) out there.

Maybe they should just screen The Comebacks on the Jumbo-Trons so we can watch some real football.

Geathers is our best pass rusher by far and last week we had to line him up as a OLB and drop him in coverage b/c there was nobody else left, needless to say thats partly why Tony Gonzalez lit us up. Is Leon W. your backup RB?

Yes, Leon is the backup to Thomas Jones but he is used more like a 1b than a #2 RB. They try to get him his touches. Don't worry about the Tony Gonzalez problem. Chris Baker, the Jets' TE, is a decent player but he usually catches only 1 or 2 balls a game and rarely gets involved in the passing game except in the red zone.

NONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!

From PFT...

POSTED 8:01 p.m. EDT, October 15, 2007

JETS WILLING TO ENTERTAIN OFFERS FOR CHAD

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the New York Jets are willing to entertain trade offers for quarterback Chad Pennington.

The trade deadline is 4:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday.

Pennington has performed poorly this year after having a solid season in 2006. So poorly that it's unlikely that someone will make a move.

Then again, with guys like Tim Rattay and Vinny Testaverde and Tim Hasselbeck getting work, shouldn't someone make a play for Pennington?

NONONONONONONONONO! We make no name QBs look like Joe Montana! Please, Jets, keep Penny! :lol:

This season has been a major dissapointment for Jet fans as I'm sure it has been for all of you. Prior to the season, I had actually tentatively scheduled a road trip to visit your beautiful city for the first time this week and watch what I anticipated would be a fun game. I usually travel to at least one road game per year. However, the Jets have sucked all the life and passion out of the majority of their fans this year including me. As for the game, well.... the Jet defense cannot pressure the QB at all so Carson should have all day to throw in spite of the injuries to Cincy's O-line. Rudy and/or Kenny should also have plenty of room to run. Darrelle Revis, the corner NY took a few slots ahead of Leon Hall, appears to have the skills to become a shutdown corner. I look forward to seeing how he does against 2 of the best in TJ and Ocho. The other corner spot is a revolving door of average/below average players that will likely allow numerous completions to 84 or 85. I know that the Bengals LB core has been decimated by injuries. The desperate signing of Anthony Schlegel, "the boar hunter", was kind of a joke to Jet fans. He was a 3rd round pick that was labeled a bust after his first preseason game. He was not even athletic enough to play on special teams. The Jets are a bad football team with only a few bright spots. Cotchery and Coles are very good and are a grossly underrated tandem IMO. Leon Washington is explosive in the open field and the 2nd best KR in the league behind only Devin Hester. He has 2 returns for TD's and almost broke his 3rd vs. Philly yesterday. Any Special Teams Coach that kicks to Leon is fn' nuts. I have seen Glenn Holt return a few kicks and he appears to have lead in his cleats (I'm surprised they can't find someone better than him.) Truthfully, most Jet fans will watch soley on the chance that Chad will get benched in favor of Kellen Clemens.

Prediction:

Bengals 27 Jets 16

P.S. Chris Henry, seriously, is my favorite player that does not play in NY. I believe he would be a #1 WR on many teams and hope he manages to stay out of trouble. I was at Invesco Field in Denver last year for that "bobbled extra point" game in the light snow. "Uno Cinco" absolutely torched Darrent Williams (may he R.I.P) that day. He caught a TD and had a long TD called back because of a holding call. Denver eventually pulled Williams from the game and tried a backup safety to cover Henry in the 4th quarter.

Put down the razor, (I will too)