Marvin's response after the loss

BengalszoneBilly

I expect him to man up and say exactly the truth. Nothing more, nothing less.

I always loved Bill Parcells after losses like this. He'd sugar coat nothing. He'd take blame. He would advise that the team was about to get lit up. And he would work at fixing it.

A little of THAT kind of reaction from ML would be approprate. Welcome, in fact.

That won't happen, Marvin takes all the credit and opens up when they win, when they lose, he clams up and says it's "his business."

Lame.

But yeah, it would be nice to see one of these coaches show some freakin' emotion once in a while, at least act like you give a damn and aren't just in some cozy job with no worries regardless of the team's performance.

It wouldn't suprise me if Marvin came out laughing today and joking around like nothing happened.

Personally - I don't really care what he says. After a loss like that, it may make you feel better for a little bit, but it's only words. Many, many coaches say stupid things after a hard loss, but it doesn't change anything. They need to play better than this crap and, if they don't, I expect the chorus coming after Lewis to get quite a bit lounder. Comparisons to Parcells, or anyone else, fall flat to me. Parcells seemed to me to be a bully to the press, just as arrogant as ML, and hardly an example of how to deal with tough questions. If you're winning, you can be that way and you're a "character." If you losing, your just a jerk - and I'm sure that included Parcells, Lewis, Billick, Belichick and everybody else. I'm not feeling any better about it until the Bengals win one of the next 2 games -- because this team should not be worse that 2-2 after winning a tough game last Monday.

Personally - I don't really care what he says. After a loss like that, it may make you feel better for a little bit, but it's only words. Many, many coaches say stupid things after a hard loss, but it doesn't change anything. They need to play better than this crap and, if they don't, I expect the chorus coming after Lewis to get quite a bit lounder. Comparisons to Parcells, or anyone else, fall flat to me. Parcells seemed to me to be a bully to the press, just as arrogant as ML, and hardly an example of how to deal with tough questions. If you're winning, you can be that way and you're a "character." If you losing, your just a jerk - and I'm sure that included Parcells, Lewis, Billick, Belichick and everybody else.

x2

BTW, too much is being made of the remark about it being "our business". I took that to mean that plenty was being said behind closed doors, where it's proper to address such concerns. That said, I'm betting we got far more thoughts and opinions from Lewis today, and I'd be suprised if any of it qualifies as pure spin. In fact, I don't think anyone could spin what we just witnessed.

Personally - I don't really care what he says. After a loss like that, it may make you feel better for a little bit, but it's only words. Many, many coaches say stupid things after a hard loss, but it doesn't change anything. They need to play better than this crap and, if they don't, I expect the chorus coming after Lewis to get quite a bit lounder. Comparisons to Parcells, or anyone else, fall flat to me. Parcells seemed to me to be a bully to the press, just as arrogant as ML, and hardly an example of how to deal with tough questions. If you're winning, you can be that way and you're a "character." If you losing, your just a jerk - and I'm sure that included Parcells, Lewis, Billick, Belichick and everybody else.

x2

BTW, too much is being made of the remark about it being "our business". I took that to mean that plenty was being said behind closed doors, where it's proper to address such concerns. That said, I'm betting we got far more thoughts and opinions from Lewis today, and I'd be suprised if any of it qualifies as pure spin. In fact, I don't think anyone could spin what we just witnessed.

Too much has been said behind those same doors without a goddam thing to show for it IMHO. Time to kick down those doors, and get a football team in Cincy that will show up week after week, not just on prime time TV! Changes must happen, and happen soon, otherwise the playoffs are nothing but a fantasy! :angry:

That won't happen, Marvin takes all the credit and opens up when they win, when they lose, he clams up and says it's "his business."

That is absolutely false. Why bother?

I agree that it's false that he takes all the credit, but he does indeed open up more than he does when they lose as pathetically as they did on Sunday.

I agree that it's false that he takes all the credit, but he does indeed open up more than he does when they lose as pathetically as they did on Sunday.

Absolutely. When the Bengals win, Marvin isn't badgered from every direction with questions that threaten team chemistry. When they lose (especially in games like this), of course he won't point to specific breakdowns or problems. He isn't going to finger blame on his own players or coaches outside the locker room, and I'm glad for that. The only person he ever berates in the face of the media is himself.

Absolutely. When the Bengals win, Marvin isn't badgered from every direction with questions that threaten team chemistry. When they lose (especially in games like this), of course he won't point to specific breakdowns or problems. He isn't going to finger blame on his own players or coaches outside the locker room, and I'm glad for that. The only person he ever berates in the face of the media is himself.

In that case I belive he should have kicked his own ass in front of the cameras. :rolleyes:

In that case I belive he should have kicked his own ass in front of the cameras. :rolleyes:

:lol:

That's not an unfair request.

:lol:

That's not an unfair request.

Jim Carrey did it in "Liar Liar". Did it well too! Roll cameras...que Marvin!