1st Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet? Hall, Revis & Nelson are gone -- but the Bengals are so locked in to DB that they reach for the likes of Ross (eh), Houston (ugh) or Griffin (blah) and then swear up and down he was BPA while everyone laughs in their face.

Happy St. Mel's Day, everyone! :lol:

IMO

We should take Revis, if he's there.

If not here is my order:

- Anderson

- Nelson

- Ross

- Timmons

- Ginn - if none of the above are available -- Bengals will be hoping that someone wants to trade to get Ginn.

Now to the question "Who will the Bengals take?" -- I believe they will take Jon Beason -- just to ruin my day. :lol:

Yeah, hoosier, that's my worry. That they reach if the board doesn't break right.

And, hey, everyone? Can we have a gentlemen's agreement this year not to "let our day be ruined" by knee-jerk reactions to the Bengals' picks? Can we please just discuss them rationally? It's worth a shot. Let's give it a try. What can it hurt?

All I am saying is, we might want to actually give whoever is picked a chance to pack for their introductory press conference before declaring them the worst pick ever or the whole collection the worst draft ever.

Seriously. Do it for the children.

One name to keep an eye on, I think: OT Levi Brown. He was a consensus top 10 pick a few months back, but seems to have become the odd man out as guys like Willis and Olsen and Revis bubbled up toward the top of the first. A lot of mocks have him now ticketed to the Giants at 20, just below us.

Personally, I subscribe to the "you never pass on a stud offensive tackle" theory so I wouldn't be upset with him as the pick, but more importantly, just as their might be someone looking to trade ahead of the Titans at 19 to get a Ginn, someone lower down may propose a trade to jump ahead of the Giants and take Levi.

Lawrence Timmons is my guess.

I don't expect the Bengals to reach for anyone this year. There's a good chance they'll entertain some offers to trade down, and if there aren't any impact players available at #18 (which I highly doubt), then they just might do so.

About ten or eleven players can be justified as the "BPA" at #18.

Army, that's kinda impossible. If the guy I want is gone, how's that work exactly? I want them to get Revis. If he's gone, the people behind him are what I would hope from my list. If none of that works out, hope the Bengals get their BPA.

You have until the Bengals are offically on the clock, so you have until then to make your guess. If you make a guess right now and your guy goes 5 picks ahead, then feel free to change your guess. I will let you change it up until the Bengals are on the clock.

Hope that helps...

WHODEY !!!

Oh. So I guess one needs to log on and get the guess in during the 15 minute window.

My list above is what I hope for six hours ahead of that window...

Careful there ... you have until the Bengals are ON THE CLOCK. Makes sense.

Sounds like you got it !!!

WHODEY !!!

Michael Griffin I'm telling you Revis is going higher then expected, no chance at getting Leon Hall. You guys are absolutely right Coyle is going to say he had Griffin rated on his board just as high as Revis and Hall and that he actually has better footwork then the other two. I'm not a fan of this pick but I will settle for him if the Bengals can make a player out of him, can't be worse then Keiwan.

Sounds like you got it !!!

WHODEY !!!

Michael Griffin I'm telling you Revis is going higher then expected, no chance at getting Leon Hall. You guys are absolutely right Coyle is going to say he had Griffin rated on his board just as high as Revis and Hall and that he actually has better footwork then the other two. I'm not a fan of this pick but I will settle for him if the Bengals can make a player out of him, can't be worse then Keiwan.

Griffin is K2 with a bit more zip...which I don't see as a bad thing, I was (and still am) a K2 fan. I just think you could get just as good a safety prospect in the second round.