Players the FO has shown interest in....

I found this list on New Era Scouting and I assume it's via interviews/visits.

Cincinnati Bengals

Quarterbacks:

Matt Moore, Oregon State

Jeff Rowe, Nevada

Jeff Smith, Georgetown College

Running Backs:

Lorenzo Booker, Florida State

Jon Cornish, Kansas

Justise Hairston, Central Connecticut State

Tony Hunt, Penn State

DeShawn Wynn, Florida

Fullbacks:

Le'Ron McClain, Alabama

Wide Receivers:

Jacoby Jones, Lane

Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame

Mike Walker, Central Florida

Tight Ends:

Scott Chandler, Iowa

Clark Harris, Rutgers

Zach Miller, Arizona State

Ben Patrick, Delaware

Offensive Tackles:

None

Offensive Guards:

Andy Alleman, Akron

Corey Hilliard, Oklahoma State

Centers:

None

Defensive Ends:

Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame

Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas

Charles Johnson, Georgia

Ray McDonald, Florida

Defensive Tackles:

Jay Alford, Penn State

Justin Harrell, Tennessee

Derek Landri, Notre Dame

Ryan McBean, Oklahoma State

Outside Linebackers:

Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma

Jon Beason, Miami - He's the only one I know of so far that will be making a visit.

Prescott Burgess, Michigan

Lawrence Timmons, Florida State

Inside Linebackers:

Zak DeOssie, Brown

Cornerbacks:

Michael Coe, Alabama State

Daymeion Hughes, California

David Irons, Auburn

Marcus McCauley, Fresno State

Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh

Usama Young, Kent State

Safeties:

Jesse Daniels, Louisiana State

Reggie Nelson, Florida

Sabby Piscitelli, Oregon State

Daren Stone, Maine

Kickers/Punters:

None

Sweet list, obviously it doesn't mean a thing about who we'll take... Just interesting to see some of those names pop up. Piscitelli confuses me, doesn't seem like our type of Saftey.... Maybe they have interest of putting him at WLB.

If they do go WR in this draft, I'd like to see them get Mike Walker. RB Justise Hairston. QB Jeff Rowe.

Safety wise, the list looks like all strong types except for Nelson. Piscitelli can run, hit and cover well enough as a SS but he gets in trouble in space trying to wrap up a RB like Ian Johnson who's got the moves to make him miss. Stone is a trip. I believe there were 12 teams at his Pro Day so he's getting considerable interest.

I recall there being a list like this last year on Football Huddles, right?

Can anyone pull up the one from last year so we can compare?

I mean, they're so sweet on Durant right?

How come he's not on that list?

I think Spor Tees is on to something.......

After reading that list I hav e come to conclude that the Bengals will select....

Alan Branch, DT "The team up North"

Just seems in line with everything Marvin does, which is totally opposite of what everyone sees

I hope Branch is there but I doubt he would be, I was watching a segment about him on NFLN last night and he was talking about how much he likes to break dance and they showed him dancing, then his big ass did a one armed hand stand, how he got 330 lbs in the air like that I don't know, but do know he's a hell of an athlete, amazing I tell u, amazing.

As for the list of the players there are a few that like.

DT's

Harrell- 1st

Alford- 2nd

DE's

Ray McDonald- 2nd

LB's

Timmons-1st Freakish athletic ability

Beason-1st Another stub lb from the U

CB's

Revis-1st Everybody Loves Daryl

Hughes- 2nd

McCauley-1st-if there is an early run on cb's I would be surprised. He coasted in his Senior year after playing lights out his Junior year.

Hughes- 4th Speed is a question

S's

Nelson-1st pure beast

Piscatelli-2nd He's a player for sure

Stone- Diamond in the rough

Can't wait for draft day

I recall there being a list like this last year on Football Huddles, right?

Can anyone pull up the one from last year so we can compare?

I mean, they're so sweet on Durant right?

How come he's not on that list?

I think Spor Tees is on to something.......

to try and steal him in 2nd by not showing too much intrest.

Yeah, we all had last year pegged:

2. Whitworth? we were all over that one...

3 Frostee Rucker DE right on again! how do they do that?

4 Domata Peko oh, oh another one pegged right on the money

5 A.J. Nicholson uh huh

6 Reggie McNeal oh yeah

7 Ethan Kilmer see, we said they would draft a safety...

... somewhere during one of the two days!

7 Bennie Brazell and another WR because we are SO hurting at wideout...

:lmao:

Some visits info from Curnutte's blog:

Bengals begin meeting with draft prospects

The Bengals, like all NFL teams, have begun entertaining draft prospects at Paul Brown Stadium.

Texas cornerback Aaron Ross visited the Dallas Cowboys on Tuesday and said he was headed next to Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Washington.

The Bengals also are visiting with Florida safety Reggie Nelson and Howard University defensive back Geoff Pope, according to various sources.

Nelson and Ross are considered first-round prospects. The Bengals have the Nos. 18 and 49 picks in Rounds 1 and 2.

Based on the visits Curnutte reports, that would slot interest in Ross from 18-26 as a 1st rounder. That would leave very little leeway for the Bengals to trade down to get him. Hopefully at least 1 of the top 3 CBs falls down to 18 but if not Ross could be the pick. If it came down to Beason or Ross, I'd rather see them take Ross.

The Skins have set visits with a few late 1st round prospects. If the Briggs deal falls all the way through, wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats swap out their 2 1st round picks to go up and get LaRon Landry.

Based on the visits Curnutte reports, that would slot interest in Ross from 18-26 as a 1st rounder. That would leave very little leeway for the Bengals to trade down to get him. Hopefully at least 1 of the top 3 CBs falls down to 18 but if not Ross could be the pick. If it came down to Beason or Ross, I'd rather see them take Ross.

The Skins have set visits with a few late 1st round prospects. If the Briggs deal falls all the way through, wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats swap out their 2 1st round picks to go up and get LaRon Landry.

So you don't think Ross is a top 3 corner, I do. Think he's just as good as Leon Hall and he adds value in the return game, we'd be lucky to have his guy in stripes. Ross is a winner whose all about being the best player he can be, with him and Jon Jo playing cb we would be set at position for the next 10+ years. Imo, Ross is the best press corner in the draft and he hasn't scratched the level of his potential.

If we could get Ross in the 1st and get a DT like Harrell, or Mebane, or A. Johnson in the 2nd it will be a great first day. Considering how we already got a 1st rounder in the 3rd round with A. Brooks, this could be a great draft.

If it came down to Ross or Beason, I'd take Ross. Maybe not if Timmons is still there, though.

Ross can get burned deep but he, like Houston to a lesser degree who is a man-to-man tracker all over the field, should be able to make the easier transition from man to off rather than off to man.

I got Ross as the 4th corner. But I like how physical he plays and the likelihood that he could match up in the slot with bigger possession WRs and slot TEs better than any of the top 3 CBs in the draft. He'll make a good press corner for that use.

Ross would be a good pick for the Bengals added with his return skills. I would like to see them trade down to get him but based on his visits so far, they couldn't go very far down. Ross could also be viewed as a free safety, which only adds to his value.

If the Bengals do go after LB in the 1st, I wouldn't mind seeing them take Ross' teammate Tarrell Brown in the 2nd who is more polished than Ross in off coverage.

If it came down to Ross or Beason, I'd take Ross. Maybe not if Timmons is still there, though.

Ross can get burned deep but he, like Houston to a lesser degree who is a man-to-man tracker all over the field, should be able to make the easier transition from man to off rather than off to man.

I got Ross as the 4th corner. But I like how physical he plays and the likelihood that he could match up in the slot with bigger possession WRs and slot TEs better than any of the top 3 CBs in the draft. He'll make a good press corner for that use.

Ross would be a good pick for the Bengals added with his return skills. I would like to see them trade down to get him but based on his visits so far, they couldn't go very far down. Ross could also be viewed as a free safety, which only adds to his value.

If the Bengals do go after LB in the 1st, I wouldn't mind seeing them take Ross' teammate Tarrell Brown in the 2nd who is more polished than Ross in off coverage.

I completely agree, which is why I think that makes him so valuable. He's physical enough to play the slot, he isn't scared to stick his hat in there and make a big hit in run support and he's got the physical tools to be a shut down corner with the right coaching. Leon Hall also has a penchant for getting burnt and Houston is just too short for my liking, I'm a heightist. :lol:

I completely agree, which is why I think that makes him so valuable. He's physical enough to play the slot, he isn't scared to stick his hat in there and make a big hit in run support and he's got the physical tools to be a shut down corner with the right coaching. Leon Hall also has a penchant for getting burnt and Houston is just too short for my liking, I'm a heightist. :lol:

I'd prefer a taller corner like Ross. He comes from a great program of developing DB's. Either Ross or Griffin would be solid picks that could contribute immediately even though they wouldn't have to. I am personally hoping for a safety in the first because that to me is a big part of the problems they had in the pass defense. Beyond the current starters, they don't have depth at either position, but safeties are more likely to go down with an injury than corners. I think I'd rather see them get a corner in either the second or fourth rounds.

No doubt safety is on the Bengals minds but there's a boatload of good ones this year. Plus corners cost more and are harder to find. The Bengals went 11-5 with Ohalete and Kaseviharn as their starting safeties. :lol: Difference with the safeties that have been going high in the 1st round is their speed, which gives them an edge to develop corner cover skills in the slot or wide. Reggie Nelson fits that bill better than Mike Griffin IMO even though Nelson was pretty much limited to centerfielder in college. I'd like Nelson more than Griffin for the Bengals at #18 but for the difference between the quality in safety and corner in Day 2, I'd say they'd best prioritize corner.