how about Nelson in the first from florida?

I think they would jump all over Reggie Nelson at 18. He'd be pencilled in as the starting FS from the moment his name was called, Madieu would get shifted to corner, and the Bengals would spend he rest of day one calling around to see if anyone would give them a conditional seventh in '08 for Deltha.

That said, Nelson will be all accounts be gone before we pick.

If we let Oneal go for a 7th who's gonna play nickel ?

Also what about if Djax goes down? then we move Madieu back too safety and then we have to have ....."shudder"Ratliff or greg brooks start.. "shets his pants"

PS,I'd love Reggie,I do wonder how we'd use him this use I'd say mainly sub packages minus injury.

If we let Oneal go for a 7th who's gonna play nickel ?

Also what about if Djax goes down? then we move Madieu back too safety and then we have to have ....."shudder"Ratliff or greg brooks start.. "shets his pants"

Welcome to our lack of depth. But unless Deltha picks up his game, I'm not sure that the idea of Reggie or Brooks or Ratliff starting is that much scarier.

If he drops to us (which I doubt), we'll probably take him. It would be a choice between him and Revis most likely. I don't expect both of them to drop to 18, so the choice could be made for us at that point, but I'd be almost equally happy with either one.

If we do draft him (or any other FS) and Madieu has another "off-year", we could consider letting Madieu go at the end of the season since his contract is up. Nothing personal against Williams, but he has had trouble tackling ever since that injury.

Fire away.

Even a off year he was still one of our best defenders.

I rather see Reggie replace dexter then madieu.

Yep. As much as I like Dexter, he doesn't have nearly as many years left in his tank as Madieu. I also have a hard time saying Madieu had an off year. Maybe he didn't become the elite free-safety some expected, but he's still above average. He and Nelson back there for the next 5 years would be pretty formidable.

Even a off year he was still one of our best defenders.

I rather see Reggie replace dexter then madieu.

Yep. As much as I like Dexter, he doesn't have nearly as many years left in his tank as Madieu. I also have a hard time saying Madieu had an off year. Maybe he didn't become the elite free-safety some expected, but he's still above average. He and Nelson back there for the next 5 years would be pretty formidable.

I guess the point is, the Bengals are going to have to re-sign Madieu this year in order for that to happen. Will you feel as confident doing that if he has another so-so season -- if we wind up drafting a guy who looks like he could be a better option who is playing on a rookie's contract? Dexter's contract keeps him here thru '09.

Actually I woulden't say dexters contract keeps him here till 2009,though he would be a hit of 500,000 this year it becomes easier cut him later.Also I don't think madieu had as bad of a year as some fans say ya he got stiffed arm by some good RB's it happens.

e wind up drafting a guy who looks like he could be a better option who is playing on a rookie's contract?

Why do you let a younger better safety walk to keep a older one who hasen't played a whole season since 2003.I see nothing wrong with signing Madieu long term,Drafting a safety and then keep DJ around it would give us solid depth once Reggie beat out Dexter,dexter could play a K2 type roll but being a better backup if someone get's injured.

I'd love to see Nelson in stripes but I don't see that happening with the Jags one spot ahead of us. <_<