Live Mock Draft Comments Thread

Spor_tees

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#29 New Orleans Saints select Chris Houston, CB Arkansas

I only need to say 2 words to explain this pick, Fred Thomas...

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

and I agree with this draft being different than most...

Prey tell what you think the biggest weakness of the Saints is? The defense played their butts off just to watch Fred Thomas get burnt time and time again wasting all their efforts...Chris Houston was the best CB on the board and some think he should be ranked at about this point end of first upper second...and this is a bad pick because?

The first round is over...and now we begin back at the top with the Raiders for the start of the second round.

Just to recap, some people have been pretty critical of some of the picks so far in the first round...but isn't that what this is all about? Since when has a regular draft ever been exactly like what the pundits said other than maybe the top 5-10 picks? Those are the easy picks, when you get to the marginal picks is when it gets fun and fall more to opinion than it does talent. Once you get past the top 5-10 guys, EVERY other guy has some question mark somewhere...size...speed...lack of big time competition. I'm having fun so far and I hope so of you other guys are too.

Raiders are on the clock!

I am a FIRM beleiver that IT ALL STARTS UP FRONT.

and the Browns have had bumbs on their line for WAAAAAY too long. Beekman is a solid guard who can start for us day one, and can play center in a pinch.

How is Bentley doing? Are they predicting a full recovery and that he'll start 2007 on time? If not then you've got to think that this 2nd round pick would be pointed at the C position. This was a huge need for them last year. If Bentley is OK then maybe this can wait to a 4th round pick. If he's not then you've got to look to the future here. You're going to get the top C at this spot, so Datish or Kalil have got to be the pick over a G.

All signs point to Bentley NOT coming back for the start of 07'

I could be wrong, because Phil Savage is VERY VERY mum on this topic. He won't say a peep (he doesn't want to tip his draft hand).

Hank Fraely did a bang-up job and started ALL 16 games for us last year. I say we will re-sign Hank Fraely to start at Center (I hope, I hope, I hope). If/when Bentley does come back, he or Hank will move to the other guard position and HOPEFULLY our O-line will look like.

Thomas (LT)

Bentley/ Deilman??? (free agency)

Fraely/ Bentley

Beekman/ Fraely

Schaeffer (RT)

Which would be far and away the best O-line we have had since 99

"Piece by piece we'll put it all together....."

Background music kicks into a Gary Wright "Dream Wearver" chorus as Dawg BpG starts to stare off into nowhere . . . then the shot turns to a fuzzy dream sequence where Fry takes a snap from a healthy LaCharles Bentley; Fry drops back; off to the side you see a hulking Joe Thomas level the Brownie's Superbowl opponent's star DE; Fry launches a deep one; TD Solja!!!!

<<<<<Screeching record>>>>>

Back to reality.

• 2 weeks later...