David Pollack-merged threads

agreen_112

I know he's hurt and all, but does he even go to the games? I haven't seen or heard anything from or about him lately. Watching yesterday's Giants/Cowboys game reminded me off him because Amani Toomer was sitting on the bench (injured) and It just got me thinking about Pollack. Has anyone seen him at the games? Or is he just too hurt to leave the house?

I know he's hurt and all, but does he even go to the games? I haven't seen or heard anything from or about him lately. Watching yesterday's Giants/Cowboys game reminded me off him because Amani Toomer was sitting on the bench (injured) and It just got me thinking about Pollack. Has anyone seen him at the games? Or is he just too hurt to leave the house?

uh...... just my own nonmedical expertise here but I think when a man has metal screwed into his cranium (skull) and possibly screwed very near his spinal cord and after also being told to restrict movement in order to let his spinal cord heal... well.... that would make most men stay at home and heal up. but i did read an article recently that said Pollack was seen at the Bengals training facility at Paul Brown. Don`t expect to see him cheering on the sidelines until he has the halo removed though.

We should know some time on Weds if he will be continuining his football career, or not, from what I remember, (Dec 6th).

I hope the 6th is the right day -- I heard the 13th -- and didn't like waiting that long.

I hope we have news for the Bengals on that day whether it is 6 or 13. :sure

AND, more importantly, I hope David Pollack future is good -- regardless of his decision. He is a classy young man!

We should know some time on Weds if he will be continuining his football career, or not, from what I remember, (Dec 6th).

I hope the 6th is the right day -- I heard the 13th -- and didn't like waiting that long.

I hope we have news for the Bengals on that day whether it is 6 or 13. :sure

AND, more importantly, I hope David Pollack future is good -- regardless of his decision. He is a classy young man!

There've actually been a couple of pieces on him on ESPN this season, one on Sportcenter(I think it was), and the other during Sunday Countdown. He is not only a great guy, but he's smart. He said he doesn't plan to return unless he can be ensured he is not at any greater risk than normal to break his neck again. I doubt he'll get that kind of ensurance. I don't expect him back, but I wish him the best in other endeavors if he is unable to play again.

I heard/read the 6th, but it could've been pushed back to the 13th or was just wrong info. There was an Enquirer article on it that said specifically the 6th would be the "tell tale" date for his future in football.

This article from the Post...

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...11100310/-1/all

"David Pollack has a calendar hanging in his house. Each morning he gets up, he goes over to the calendar and puts a slash through the day.

The last day he expects to mark out is Dec. 13. That's when he is due to have the halo brace he's worn since Sept. 17 removed. That's four days sooner than originally expected.

"I've still got 34 days," Pollack said Thursday as he sat at his locker during a visit to Paul Brown Stadium. "I'm anxious about 33. Very anxious.""