The future is now!

SkinneymulleT

Ok I'll bite

Fact- Your basing your judgement on three plays. THREE PLAYS

Fact- We have three subs starting on the O line. One is a rookie, the other just made his second start. Who has been putting those guys in the right spots?

Fact. ben Wilkerson has played three downs of professional football

Fact- The Cincy o line gave up 17 sacks the first five games. The last five...11(and one of those last night Steiny stepped on carson)

Fact-The first 5 games(when we were most healthy) we had 387 net rushing yards. The last five.....501. But rushing yards are down, right?

Fact-Ben Wilkerson wasn't drafted

Fact- He has played three downs of professional football.

Hey, the guy subbed in well last night(but three plays). But let's give credit where credit is due. Bluto has stepped up his game of late, and has shown his value

Oh, and in case someone missed it, it was an injury that forced out Bluto, he wasn't pulled like the talking heads said.

My take on Ben: he played well last night, and judging by the warm reception his play generated from fellow bengals on the sidelines, they are obviously comfortable with him in there.

As for who eventually wins the starting center job between him and Bluto, time will tell. However, it is worth remembering that Wilkerson was one of the top 3 ranked centers coming out of college, and the sole reason he wasn't drafted was because he wrecked his knee. O-linemen and knee injuries are a bad combination (see Keift).

If his knee is back to 100%, and it appears to be, I full expect him to challenge for the starting job in camp next spring. And I will be more surprised if he loses than I will be if he wins.

As for right now, I hope either Bluto or Braham can get back soon. Wilkerson may (or may not) be more talented than Bluto, but at this point in the season we can not afford any more disruptions on the o-line.

Sounds like guycheck wants back asap rather then risk losing his job to wilkerson if he gets out played.

Wilkerson looked alright, though I dont think it was as impressed as some of you here. Ghiaciuc still looked better, and either way I think its meaningless right now because Braham should be back for the raiders game, and hes still a better option than both of them.

Actually it's looking like he won't be when was last time marvin marked someone questionable and only played them a full game.seems like questionable = doubtful for us.

Right tackle Willie Anderson said he’s been counseling Wilkerson to be ready. from bengals.com

Sounds like willie had faith in ben ;)

Wrong! The whole offensive line has stepped up the last several games with three backups. I can't find any reason we can bash the O line after the Squeelers got sacked 9 time against the same defense.

Not bashing Oline for play vs ravens...but guycheck can be bashed when richie went down and DT's and blitz's were killing

carson.

uh, Wilkerson had far more than 3 snaps in that game....Ghiaciuc did not return

I could have sworn Ghiaciuc came back in the game after the series...there was a penalty on #53 way after he got hurt...and #53 is Ghiaciuc, correct?

EDIT: NVM, just read an article on Bengals.com, Wilkerson indeed played the rest of the game. I must of heard wrong on the penalty.

BWilkerson did play a pretty good game, but how tired was B-more's D...I must say that EGhiaciuc has stepped it up since when RBraham 1st went out when we played the Steelers they were blitzing right up the middle...I guess if EGhiaciuc is able to play I would play him...when RBraham retires after the season I would be happy with BWilkerson or EGhiaciuc all they need are the snaps...

uh, Wilkerson had far more than 3 snaps in that game....Ghiaciuc did not return

I could have sworn Ghiaciuc came back in the game after the series...there was a penalty on #53 way after he got hurt...and #53 is Ghiaciuc, correct?

EDIT: NVM, just read an article on Bengals.com, Wilkerson indeed played the rest of the game. I must of heard wrong on the penalty.

Don't feel bad, i thought he did too