The future is now!

SkinneymulleT

I'd say keep richie on the side rdy to go till broncos and steelers games....youngins should be able to take on raiders and colts front 4.

Naw, if Richie is ready, you are going to want him in their against Sapp, and then Booger. They can still cause problems for the Bengals up the middle.

But in the meantime, I hope they get him off the field. It's Buckethead time. :cheers:

I hope so. I've pimped Wilkerson pretty hard, but I don't want to go through the same learning phase that Ghiacuic just emerged from. Even during the offensive meltdown Ghiacuic always looked like a player who could play pretty well individually, but struggled for weeks making the proper line calls, and I doubt things would go much differently for Wilk. Along those same lines I thought the Ravens pressure up the middle spiked dramatically after Bluto went out.

Please, bring back the Buckethead....or Bluto.

Yeah but Richie is the meanest, baddest and smartest MFer on the whole team. Put him in there now because it's time to WIN NOW.

Well, uhm, yeah, there is that :-)

I think he still has a bit to go, though. I doubt he'll be ready for the Raiders. Isn't it a good feeling to be at least fairly comfortable with ANY of the available centers for next week's game? It really, really suprised me that they didn't shift steinbach to C and put in Kooistra at G....Wilkerson really is the real deal, as I had thought all along

I'd say keep richie on the side rdy to go till broncos and steelers games....youngins should be able to take on raiders and colts front 4.

Naw, if Richie is ready, you are going to want him in their against Sapp, and then Booger. They can still cause problems for the Bengals up the middle.

Not a good idea....best thing to do would be to sit him vs. oakland, that way he has about another 18 days to make sure he is okay, and not rushed back, we will be fine for 1 more game without him, the extra rest/re-hab time will do him good, and play him maybe half the game vs. Indy. Remember, he is not a kid anymore, and after a pretty long layoff, you've gotta work him back in, but not overdue it coming off an injury. By playing him maybe half the snaps vs. Indy, then starting the next game vs. Broncos, with his experience should be more than enough to get him ready for the playoffs, that way, it will be a game call whether or not he can/has to go the entire Pitt game to end the year. Also, we are not where we were when he first went down, we have options, and are not desperate. The goal is ultimately, to get him in "game-shape" for the playoffs/playoff run.

Wilkerson looked alright, though I dont think it was as impressed as some of you here. Ghiaciuc still looked better, and either way I think its meaningless right now because Braham should be back for the raiders game, and hes still a better option than both of them.

Guychecked looked better when? After how many starts did he begin to look like he might be a serviceable stop gap? He was an absolute turnstyle for our losing streak and now merely looks ok after we change to an outside running game and provided him with more help inside by maxing our protection, but he is still weak and can be easily overpowered. What is that technique of his where he lets the d linemen by and then puts one hand on him? Weak! Ben had a practice squad resume and was in during our most productive offensive series. The ravens increased pressure later in the second 1/2 because they were behind and ben looked great(except that 1st play where he kinda spazed)! The bengals all knew it. Did you see everyone go to him with "props" after we scored? They know how good he is.

Wilkerson looked alright

nice of you, who have repeatedly insisted he'll never make the team, to admit this.

Keep in mind that

a) he was given the backup percentage of practice snaps, and

B) there were fewer practice snaps this week due to the game beign on Thursday, and

c) he had never played in an nfl regular season game before, and

d) he was playing against one of the best defenses in the league.

I say he *more* than held up, given all those circumstances

I think Bluto is now in danger of losing his spot, frankly. Not for poor play on his part - he's been solid these past few weeks - rather better play on Wilkerson's part.

Wilkerson looked alright, though I dont think it was as impressed as some of you here. Ghiaciuc still looked better, and either way I think its meaningless right now because Braham should be back for the raiders game, and hes still a better option than both of them.

Guychecked looked better when? After how many starts did he begin to look like he might be a serviceable stop gap? He was an absolute turnstyle for our losing streak and now merely looks ok after we change to an outside running game and provided him with more help inside by maxing our protection, but he is still weak and can be easily overpowered. What is that technique of his where he lets the d linemen by and then puts one hand on him? Weak! Ben had a practice squad resume and was in during our most productive offensive series. The ravens increased pressure later in the second 1/2 because they were behind and ben looked great(except that 1st play where he kinda spazed)! The bengals all knew it. Did you see everyone go to him with "props" after we scored? They know how good he is.

Wrong! The whole offensive line has stepped up the last several games with three backups. I can't find any reason we can bash the O line after the Squeelers got sacked 9 time against the same defense.

BTW, while ben played well, didn't he look small or was it just my TV.

Wrong! The whole offensive line has stepped up the last several games with three backups. I can't find any reason we can bash the O line after the Squeelers got sacked 9 time against the same defense.

BTW, while ben played well, didn't he look small or was it just my TV.

Wrong where what how? Help me understand teacher for I am not worthy. Fact: we have changed to an outside the A gap run team since brahm has been out. Fact: although guycheck has been better, he sucked for the 1st 4 games or so and there is video evidence to show his poor turnstyle technique and if left to 1-1 often gets overwhelmed. Fact: players were seen gathering around wilks with congrats and pats following flee flicker(including tj and cj), our only TD drive and his 1st game as a pro. Fact: rudy's rushing yards are down this season. Fact: carson has all but eliminated anything but a 3-5 step quick release and we have seen increased amounts of TE use in backfield sets to increase possible protection schemes. Fact: ravens blitzed more at the end of the game. Fact: the bengals are much better with brahm then either 2. Fact: wilkerson will be starter of the future and guycheck will be depth! :sure:

Wilkerson looked alright

nice of you, who have repeatedly insisted he'll never make the team, to admit this.

Keep in mind that

a) he was given the backup percentage of practice snaps, and

B) there were fewer practice snaps this week due to the game beign on Thursday, and

c) he had never played in an nfl regular season game before, and

d) he was playing against one of the best defenses in the league.

I say he *more* than held up, given all those circumstances

I think Bluto is now in danger of losing his spot, frankly. Not for poor play on his part - he's been solid these past few weeks - rather better play on Wilkerson's part.

Actually I said he wouldnt make the roster last year, I said if he develops well he can turn into a versitile backup next year (which is this year).

And while we are keeping things in mind, lets remember how good Giaciuc looked when he got his first playing time in a half off the bench vs the Jags before we give Wilkerson so much praise.

Also, we moved the ball a lot better in the first half than we did the 2nd, we just couldnt finish off the drives. Our TD drive was the result of a trick play that the defense bit on. Outside of that we didnt do a whole lot, and were unable to run the clock out to preserve the shut out.