Chris Henry appriciation thread...

agreen_112

Two touchdowns yesterday and 6 for the season. What a great pick he was at the 19th pick of the 3rd round in the 2005 draft.

This thread is dedicated to all of you who continually bash the 23 year old phenom day-after-day. If he hasn't proved himself now, then I don't think he ever will to some of you. 2 against Pittsburgh and 2 against our other rival Cleveland.

So with that being said, I would like to thank Chris for getting it turned around with the legal issues and getting it DONE on the gridiron. I think he's one of, if not the best WR out of the 2005 draft.

Keep up the good work!

Two touchdowns yesterday and 6 for the season. What a great pick he was at the 19th pick of the 3rd round in the 2005 draft.

This thread is dedicated to all of you who continually bash the 23 year old phenom day-after-day. If he hasn't proved himself now, then I don't think he ever will to some of you. 2 against Pittsburgh and 2 against our other rival Cleveland.

So with that being said, I would like to thank Chris for getting it turned around with the legal issues and getting it DONE on the gridiron. I think he's one of, if not the best WR out of the 2005 draft.

Keep up the good work!

Turning it around? He is what? 3 games removed from his latest suspension....come on! :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work!

Turning it around? He is what? 3 games removed from his latest suspension....come on! :rolleyes:

I said no hating! 3 games is a lot in a 16 week season. It's not the MLB or NBA... come on! :bengal:

Keep up the good work!

No one's ever questioned his talent on the field for Chrissakes. What his detractors - including me - have questioned is his ability to remain ON the field, as well as the fact that he's a general asshat.

To address some points:

1) Has he turned it around? We'll see this offseason when he has nothing to do but drink, smoke, and wave a gun at cops

2) Even on the field, how about selling Carson out at the end of the Baltimore game? I still question his attitude, though not his talent.

I'd wait a good year since his last off-the-field problems before scheduling the Chris Henry parade if I were you.

I seem to recall a 15 year unsportmanlike conduct penalty earned by one of our wideouts during the Browns game

Any idea which wideout that might have been?

Your such a p***y! Big deal, he shoved the guy for laying on his legs. I think he made up for that 15 yarder. TWICE! Oh yeah it was after he caught the pass for a 1st down anyway, so it's not like it hurt the offense. Palmer wouldn't be looking his way 2 times in the redzone if he didn't trust him. I'm going to predict that Henry will have 10 touchdowns by the end of the year. That is really good production for a 3rd WR. Not many #1's or 2's get 10 in a season.

Henry for President!!!

I seem to recall a 15 year unsportmanlike conduct penalty earned by one of our wideouts during the Browns game

Your such a p***y! Big deal, he shoved the guy for laying on his legs. I think he made up for that 15 yarder. TWICE! Oh yeah it was after he caught the pass for a 1st down anyway, so it's not like it hurt the offense. Palmer wouldn't be looking his way 2 times in the redzone if he didn't trust him. I'm going to predict that Henry will have 10 touchdowns by the end of the year. That is really good production for a 3rd WR. Not many #1's or 2's get 10 in a season.

Henry for President!!!

Are you a troll or just drain bamaged?

Henry is probably the most physically gifted and talented wide reciever that the Bengals have. He has the potential to be a GREAT reciever in this league. But...he's stupid. I still don't see Henry having a future in stripes. Would I like him to prove me wrong? Yes. Of course. But I just can't see this guy staying out of trouble. We'll see how he is acting come off-season when I suppose he'll be back to his pot smoking, drunk driving, teenage seducing habits.

Can someone name an NFL wide receiver with a worse off-the-field in the last 12 months?

If you can name such a receiver, does he also give up on long passes, inviting interceptions? Does he tend to act out on the field, frequently drawing (or potentially drawing) 15 yrd penalties?

Henry is a Bad Ass MOFO! (just ask him, he'll tell ya what a gangsta he is, unless he's retching out Odell's window)

Henry is probably the most physically gifted and talented wide reciever that the Bengals have. He has the potential to be a GREAT reciever in this league. But...he's stupid.

Correction

Chad is the most physically gifted and talented wide receiver that the Bengals have

Henry...............is the Tallest, thats about it.....he may be fast, but Chad's faster, both Chad and TJ have better hands....TJ goes over the middle.

Henry has talent, he's fast, but-------he's not the most talented, nor is he the fastest...BUT when you combine those with his height of 6'4" then you have huge mismatches over CB's , who most of the time are 4 to 6 inches shorter.....

Henry for President!!!

Palmer didnt look look his way in the red zone because he trusted him you fool...he did it because henry is 6'4" and in most cases a half-foot taller than the guy defending him, so Palmer lobs it up in the corner for him to take advantage of the mismatch........its not trust.....its the Height advantage...if you are going to start an appreciation thread for him, dont over-hype him....he has talent no doubt, but you are calling him a great receiver when all he is doing is just using his height in the red-zone, which is why we have him in the first place...thats what he should be doing......LOL..you said not many #1's or 2's get 10 TD's in a season...LOL but most #1's or 2's have MORE THAN 1 CAREER 100 YARD RECEIVING GAME............

Who really cares who has more physical skills? It's obvious who the better WR is... and that's really all that matters, right?

Henry is one of our best weapons. His physical size and tools are such a mismatch against nearly every team's nickle corner. But no one puts their best CB's on Henry. Those guys are following Chad and TJ around. That's at least part of the reason he's been so successful.

Henry allows us to be more explosive in the passing game... and the mismatches he creates helps the entire offense be more productive, but he is getting a little more love than he deserves.

He still has alligator arms sometimes, he still gets personal fouls more than any other offensive player, and he still has enough off-field problems that you can't be sure he'll be there when you need him because of possible suspensions.

In other words... he's a great 3rd WR for us, but can't be counted on to be more than that for a while. I like him when he's catching TD's for us... but I'm worried about if he'll embarrass the Bengals again the rest of the time.

Who really cares who has more physical skills? It's obvious who the better WR is... and that's really all that matters, right?

Henry is one of our best weapons. His physical size and tools are such a mismatch against nearly every team's nickle corner. But no one puts their best CB's on Henry. Those guys are following Chad and TJ around. That's at least part of the reason he's been so successful.

Henry allows us to be more explosive in the passing game... and the mismatches he creates helps the entire offense be more productive, but he is getting a little more love than he deserves.

He still has alligator arms sometimes, he still gets personal fouls more than any other offensive player, and he still has enough off-field problems that you can't be sure he'll be there when you need him because of possible suspensions.

In other words... he's a great 3rd WR for us, but can't be counted on to be more than that for a while. I like him when he's catching TD's for us... but I'm worried about if he'll embarrass the Bengals again the rest of the time.

Henry's good, but he's an Alvin Harper or Peerless Price kind of good...which means, he's fantastic at beating nickel corners, but let's see him do it to the guys Chad draws on a weekly basis.

Henry's good, but he's an Alvin Harper or Peerless Price kind of good...which means, he's fantastic at beating nickel corners, but let's see him do it to the guys Chad draws on a weekly basis.

You guys are putting way to much imphasis on what corner Henry draws. Henry usually lines up as the flanker with TJ coming inside to play the slot. Defenses don't often move their CB's around to match up against specific receivers.

Bottom line is we'll never know how good Henry is, because he will inevitably screw things up off the field. His size and speed make him a great deep threat. I'm assuming he signed a 3 year deal. I could see some team taking a chance on him and signing him to an offer sheet in RFA, that is if he's not in jail.

Henry's success can certainly be attributed some to mismatches and coverage schemes, but I do think he has talent and potential on par with some of the best out there.

It won't matter if he can't stay on the field though. He's had football to keep him out of trouble, so I'll reserve further judgement until he has had time to screw up in the offseason.

Breathalyzer test in Henry's drunk driving case tossed. County is still going to trial, tho that now won't happen until Feb. 15. Also, the court date for the alleged buying-beer-for-minors incident has been bumped back to Dec. 19.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../611280312/1066

:thumbsup:

You don't know what your talking about. I don't know how many times he's lined up as a wide out with Chad on the sidelines and he's absolutely burned the #1 corner on a deep route. How about the first pass of Carson Palmers very first playoff appearence. I don't care what any of you have to say, Henry is the Man! Who cares if he commits some stupid little misdemeanor, as long as he hasn't shot or killed anyone. I guess he'll have to score 2td's a game from here on out to prove to some idiots that he's back on track.

You don't know what your talking about. I don't know how many times he's lined up as a wide out with Chad on the sidelines and he's absolutely burned the #1 corner on a deep route. How about the first pass of Carson Palmers very first playoff appearence. I don't care what any of you have to say, Henry is the Man! Who cares if he commits some stupid little misdemeanor, as long as he hasn't shot or killed anyone. I guess he'll have to score 2td's a game from here on out to prove to some idiots that he's back on track.

You're missing the point Agreen. We won't know if Henry's matured until the offseason starts. He didn't show any signs last year during the season. I love the guys big play ability and think he takes our passing game to another level, but if he can't keep his head on straight and stay out of trouble he'll be wearing the wrong kind of stripes behind bars.

Henry is one of our best weapons. His physical size and tools are such a mismatch against nearly every team's nickle corner. But no one puts their best CB's on Henry.

Actually I remember ike on him quite abit vs the steelers :P

I could see some team taking a chance on him and signing him to an offer sheet in RFA, that is if he's not in jail.

Certainly... especially considering that there aren't always 3 WR's in every time Henry is on the field. Sometimes he's functioning as the #2. But the mismatch still applies. Even if Ike was covering him when Chad and Housh were in there... it means that there is a mismatch elsewhere.

I guess my point is, even though he's got an incredible amount of talent, he would not be having this kind of success playing for the Browns. He wouldn't have Chad and Housh to draw the more talented CB's and he wouldn't have Palmer giving him the most catchable ball in the NFL.

That's not to say he's not responsible for any of his stats. Kelly Washington never put up those kinds of stats... but he's getting a whole lot of help... because there isn't a secondary in the NFL that can cover all of those guys, and he will inevitably see a coverage mismatch at some point in a given game.

Henry is one of our best weapons. His physical size and tools are such a mismatch against nearly every team's nickle corner. But no one puts their best CB's on Henry.

I could see some team taking a chance on him and signing him to an offer sheet in RFA, that is if he's not in jail.

4year deal.

I wanna see Chris turn things around...but like others said can't really tell till it's the offseason...but then again i'm still rooting for odell to turn things around :P but if neither do more then fine with kicking em to curb who needs a 2005 draft class :P

Certainly... especially considering that there aren't always 3 WR's in every time Henry is on the field. Sometimes he's functioning as the #2. But the mismatch still applies. Even if Ike was covering him when Chad and Housh were in there... it means that there is a mismatch elsewhere.

I guess my point is, even though he's got an incredible amount of talent, he would not be having this kind of success playing for the Browns. He wouldn't have Chad and Housh to draw the more talented CB's and he wouldn't have Palmer giving him the most catchable ball in the NFL.

That's not to say he's not responsible for any of his stats. Kelly Washington never put up those kinds of stats... but he's getting a whole lot of help... because there isn't a secondary in the NFL that can cover all of those guys, and he will inevitably see a coverage mismatch at some point in a given game.

Cmon D, just admit it, you know it's true.... Cmon just say it once: HENRY'S A BEAST!!!! Just say it one time....