What happened ??

ArmyBengal

I wonder if everyone knows we actually have many forums other than the "Cincinnati Bengals" section.

No doubt!! Does anyone here ever scroll down to check out the other forums!?! You're missing out on some good stuff if you don't!! B)

I wonder if everyone knows we actually have many forums other than the "Cincinnati Bengals" section.

No doubt!! Does anyone here ever scroll down to check out the other forums!?! You're missing out on some good stuff if you don't!! B)

Yea, if you look at the page hits for the other forums, they are a ton less than the Bengals one. Maybe no one cares. Maybe no one likes us. We just want to be friends... :(:(

Yea, if you look at the page hits for the other forums, they are a ton less than the Bengals one. Maybe no one cares. Maybe no one likes us. We just want to be friends... :(:(

Well, after trudging down to the college/draft board and making a post in the "with the 24th pick" thread which Billybroombert moved in a Random Act of (Board) Management (Dilbert fans will get that one; we need a pointy-haired boss smiley :)!) I noticed upon returning to the bengalszone home page that it wasn't listed under "latest forum posts." Do posts from outside the Cincy Bengals board get noted there or is it just my browser? If not, that might help explain why the Bengals board gets all the traffic... B)

Edit: it appears they do not. This post (being on the Bengals board) popped right up but my one in the "with the 24th pick" thread never did.

Edited by JoiseyCat

Do posts from outside the Cincy Bengals board get noted there or is it just my browser? If not, that might help explain why the Bengals board gets all the traffic... B)

No. It seems the way Terry (B24) constructed the site, only posts from the Cincinnati Bengals forum is listed there, so your assumption about that is correct. But once in each individual forum, all topics are visable, and just a click away, which you probably already know!

Do posts from outside the Cincy Bengals board get noted there or is it just my browser? If not, that might help explain why the Bengals board gets all the traffic... B)

No. It seems the way Terry (B24) constructed the site, only posts from the Cincinnati Bengals forum is listed there, so your assumption about that is correct. But once in each individual forum, all topics are visable, and just a click away, which you probably already know!

Yup. But it explains why all the traffic ends up here. For example, I go to bengalszone.com (or actually wforums.bengalszone.com since for some bizarre reason bengalszone.com stopped working as an address for me some months back (it does, again, now) so I had to reset my bookmark) and click on one of the latest post links, which send me here, and then use the "back to cincinnati bengals" link to go to the main bengals board. In other words, I rarely if ever visit the main "forums" screen, which explains why I (and probably many others) rarely visit any other forums.

Clearly, we all need to send Terry oodles of money to fix this...right? ;)

I can see your point here. I don't navigate the site that way though. I have the "Bengalszone" hompage bookmarked, and from there I click the "Bengalszone Message Boards" link below those latest posts, which takes me to the Forums Main Page. From there all posts in all forums are readily accessible.

And I'm sure Terry would have no problem whatsoever with monetary donations! :P

Yup. But it explains why all the traffic ends up here. For example, I go to bengalszone.com (or actually wforums.bengalszone.com since for some bizarre reason bengalszone.com stopped working as an address for me some months back (it does, again, now) so I had to reset my bookmark) and click on one of the latest post links, which send me here, and then use the "back to cincinnati bengals" link to go to the main bengals board. In other words, I rarely if ever visit the main "forums" screen, which explains why I (and probably many others) rarely visit any other forums.

Clearly, we all need to send Terry oodles of money to fix this...right?  ;)

When I started putting the latest posts on the front page the only acceptable code I could find would only display posts from one forum.

Sometime this summer I'm going to be updating the message board. When I do, I'll check to see if there is something out there to display the latest posts from all forums.

The best way to find all new posts since your last visit is to click the View New Posts link that's at the top of every page on the forums.

Oodles of money will be gladly accepted by Bengalszone. B)

Oodles of money will be gladly accepted by Bengalszone. B)

There ya go (assuming paypal has its s--t together). OK, it ain't "oodles" but it'll cover a case of Corona AND limes, which you'll clearly need while debugging code this summer!

Request from my 6-year-old daughter: more smileys :rolleyes: kids...whattya ya gonna do?? :lol:

Holy s**t me to tears, all this conversation over one little question ?? Amazing !! Anyway, I didn't know about the other boards either. Just figured they were some other crap that was not about the Bengals and why waste my time. Got it now and thanks for the info !!!

WHODEY !!!