What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

I just found this on YouTube, and it completely blew my mind! It's "Sweet Home Alabama", sung by a Russian band called the "Leningrad Cowboys", and backed up by the Russian Red Army Band and Choir!

You gotta see it to believe it: :lol:

Bizarre. And that's an understatement. I sat there staring at that video with my mouth hanging open.

Same!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The 80s, In the US the 80s was bad, in Europe 10 times worse. The US has always been the worlds center for new genres the Music. Its a by product of the fusion of cultures. For example the fusion of heptanic and pentanoic instruments that create the blues note.(wow , I learned something in African American studies)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I never expected a Split Enz mention on a football board. Awesome! The Finn brothers are among the most talented songwriters I've ever come across and they're nearly unheard of in the United States.

True, they are virtually unknown in the States. Had I not been introduced to them while on leave in Australia, I'd have never heard of them either.

I never expected a Split Enz mention on a football board. Awesome! The Finn brothers are among the most talented songwriters I've ever come across and they're nearly unheard of in the United States.

True, they are virtually unknown in the States. Had I not been introduced to them while on leave in Australia, I'd have never heard of them either.

Unheard of?

Wasn't the Crowded House big enough for ya'?

Dr. Dog, anyone? I've been hooked on the album "We All Belong" for a few weeks now.

Also gotta mention Monsters of Folk. It's a "super group" of sorts with My Morning Jacket's Jim James, M. Ward, and Conor Oberst and Mike Mogis from Bright Eyes. They just released their first album and it's definitely worth a listen.

• 3 weeks later...

Had someone looking at my collection of CD and pointed out that one very obscure thrash metal band from the early 90's was worth a pretty penny and while doing some research on that CD, came across another hair band from the early 90's as well that I really enjoyed.

Badlands

Ray Gillen, Jake E. Lee, Eric Singer, and Greg Chaisson

Didn't get much play back then with the grunge move happening, but boy I liked that sound.

Hard Driver

Devil's Stomp

High Wire

Winter's Call

Yeah, I miss that stuff, guilty...

• 5 months later...

I'm bumping this one, because I always liked seeing what other people were listening to and it gave me something to go research if I hadn't heard of it.

I also found it amusing when I took a look at the last CD's I ripped to my Itunes.

Bob Marley

Static-X

Johnny Cash

Bob Seger

Thats quite a variety.... I mean completely different Genres

I'm bumping this one, because I always liked seeing what other people were listening to and it gave me something to go research if I hadn't heard of it.

I also found it amusing when I took a look at the last CD's I ripped to my Itunes.

Bob Marley

Static-X

Johnny Cash

Bob Seger

Thats quite a variety.... I mean completely different Genres

Exactly, that's why I said I was amused.

I picked up a copy of Neil Young's greatest hits yesterday. Good CD...