Does the o-line have the talent?

walzav29

Yes they should draft a Center or pick up one in FA. Braham is getting old and apparently can't come back off a bruised leg(I know I sound mean) as quickly as he should. And Steiny..............GAWD! paaaalease go somewhere, anywhere.........I'm really starting to hate you. You suck and you shouldn't even be in the NFL.....or Arena Football for that matter. Just go somewhere please! I can't wait to hear Big Willie's interview before the Chargers game.......I pretty much have his weekly interview branded in my head. "We have to protect Carson."

Gee, Willie...........put your thoughts into action. DO YOUR JOB!

I'd say it's experience... Ghiaciuc's struggles have come with a confusion to be expected from a guy who's started about six games. Whitworth hasn't been bad, but when he has problems I'd assume experience is the biggest factor.

As for the veterans, we already know they have talent. I'm not sure why Steinbach has been having problems.

As for the veterans, we already know they have talent. I'm not sure why Steinbach has been having problems.

Having new guys on both sides of him, combined with the abortive atempt to make him a center? A line takes time to gel and there has been no consistency. And with Willie hurting now it's only likely to get worse. :(

I could see us taking a center next year.

Steiny..............GAWD! paaaalease go somewhere, anywhere.........I'm

really starting to hate you. You suck and you shouldn't even be in the NFL.

you mean guycheck?

Well we're on the subject of linemen :P if steinbach doesnt have a long term future with us do you think will be able tag him next season just to trade him? like the jets did with jon abraham?sp?

Guy-chick's simply not that good, never will be.

It amazes me how you came to this conclusion after only 6 starts in his career. I do remember that Rich Braham at one time was simply not good and now look, he is considered the anchor of the offensive line. Just like anything else in football, additional playing time will tell just how good he is.

While I'd like to have Richie back as much as everyone else I do give Guy-check some credit.

He's faced the Steelers,Patriots,Buccaneers,Panthers,Falcons and Ravens,those are some damn good defenses.

Couple that with our complex offensive scheme,I'm surprised his head hasn't exploded.

Yeah it pisses me off when I see him blocking air but the quality of the guys he's going/will go against will be a boon in the long run,if he is indeed our center of the future.

As a longtime Bengals fan I've learned to take the wait and see approach(most of the time :blush: )

WHO-DEY

Can this o-line become good this season or is it over? They just look so off and Palmer is getting killed. I am wondering if it's the experience or the talent? Will it heppen too late? Should the Bengals draft a center in the 1st round? Sad.

Are you kidding me? Two top 10 picks and two 2nd rounders, one of which was projected in 1st round. No other team dedicates picks like that to the OL. This injury excuse is crap. Every NFL team goes through injuries. They adjust. Do you know how? The flipping line coach teaches them how.

Are you kidding me? Two top 10 picks and two 2nd rounders, one of which was projected in 1st round. No other team dedicates picks like that to the OL.

Actually, they do. Since 1996, when the Bengals drafted Willie and began this supposedly unprecedented expenditure of high picks on the o-line, 104 centers, guards and tackles have been taken in the first two rounds of the draft, an average of more than 3 per team.

This injury excuse is crap. Every NFL team goes through injuries. They adjust. Do you know how? The flipping line coach teaches them how.

No, they don't. I suppose I should just make this link my sig, since I seem to be posting it in every thread...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=2734

Are you kidding me? Two top 10 picks and two 2nd rounders, one of which was projected in 1st round. No other team dedicates picks like that to the OL.

Actually, they do. Since 1996, when the Bengals drafted Willie and began this supposedly unprecedented expenditure of high picks on the o-line, 104 centers, guards and tackles have been taken in the first two rounds of the draft, an average of more than 3 per team.

This injury excuse is crap. Every NFL team goes through injuries. They adjust. Do you know how? The flipping line coach teaches them how.

No, they don't. I suppose I should just make this link my sig, since I seem to be posting it in every thread...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=2734

Please name me one Paul Alexander success project. I define success as a player drafted lower than the 2nd round that was developed into an NFL starting caliber player. One, all I want is one! I can probably name you 10-15 Jim McNally success stories. Guess how many starting offensive linemen were 2nd day picks and are still playing for the team that drafted them? Guess how many the Bengals have? That would be a big fat zero there Sparky! All I want is one Paul Alexander success story. Name me one and I will never again call him the worst position coach in all of sports.

I can probably name you 10-15 Jim McNally success stories.

How long has McNally been gone, and when do you think you might get over it?

When they hire an OL coach that doesn't suck. Will you be getting a clue anytime soon? And did someone really bring up Scott Kooistra as Alexander's lone prize pupil. I give up... pass the Kool-Aid Hair.