Bengals vs. Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest complaint with the defense is the time of possession advantage they give other teams, it's insane.

OTOH, if the offense could generate some first downs we wouldn't have that imbalance, right? I think they've run all of about 25 offensive plays to this point.

Yep, but you gotta figure most teams are going to face that against the Ravens' defense. The pass protection is the problem on 3rd down, as we watch a tipped pass at the line there.

But here's the real question with Ratliff as with other problem elements on this team. It's a problem. Why keep sticking with it? I wonder if this goes even deeper into the psyche surrounding this team. Think about the troublemakers that we drafted and stuck with, despite the fact that they keep screwing up. There's an obvious problem (think Bledsoe in Dallas) and we do nothing about it (think Tony Romo). When something is proven to work, why not at least try other things that might?