Is it Time to Replace Chucky?

Spor_tees

Has it come time to replace Chuck Bresh as the Defensive Cord.? Personally I think it is time for the Bengals to part ways and try to bring in a fresh face. He has had plenty of time to try and bring the Defense up to the pace of the offense and take the Bengals to the next level and just hasn't gotten the job done. What was the last straw for me was the Falcons game. All the pregame shows talked about the way to handle Vick was to keep him in the pocket and make him pass. Makes plenty of sense to me and in fact several people said that was going to be the gameplan for the Bengals. But time after time after time I would see the Bengals blitz Ahmed Brooks right up the middle over the center...flushing Vick out of the pocket with the result being a rush for positive yards or a pass to the TE. IT MADE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE! That was exactly what you didn't want Vick to do. This was simply poor planning and play calling by the coaching staff. Let's go out and get a young Defensive Cord. and allow him to bring some fresh ideas and play calling to the team!

To call your act tired, tibor, is an insult to tired acts. You go to your dank goat f**king hole everytime the Bengals do well, which, happily meant you pretty much disappeared in the last year. They win this year, like after Carolina, you start f**king your goats like they are responsible for the Bengals' success. A close loss to Atlanta, and here you are, peddling your same tired bulls**t.

Try something new. Try obtaining some perspective. Try wiping your spunk off the goat before coming back here with your same old s**t. You are about as worthless a piece of s**t poster/troll as I have ever encountered on any board anywhere.

Then again, you are a goat f**ker, so perhaps that is to be expected...

Blame the idiot who drafts players like:

Daisy Pollack

Khalid Abdullah keyword 5th rnder.

I'm not sure if Dick Lebeau could made gold out of garbage.

Wow gotta love trash like you,I don't know how I feel about chuck as a long term coord...he dident work out with oakland and theres a reason he was a assistant for us rather then a DC somewhere else.I'd like to bring in a Dcoord who has a good track order.

I would just like them to pick a system, believe in it, and draft players for it, for a consistent period of time (more than 2 years). You don't see the Steelers, Pats or Ravens switching systems every time they lose a coordinator. They have a system that is only tweaked, not overhauled every 2 years, because your talent is lacking, and you have a high level organizational philosophy about defensive value under the cap.

Caleb and Landon aren't "trash" and were drafted as 4th and 5th LB's with ST's in mind - in those roles they are excellent. As starters they are inconsistent and their weakenesses are exposed. These were not "bad" draft picks.

I also believe your odds are much worse, by drafting 3 players in two years from the same school/side of the ball with high draft picks, figuring are all going to work out simulatenously, on the same team, in the NFL - something about your odds there that would seem to go way down. Those are all day one picks, very valuable.

I'll be happy to see Justin, Simmons, Thorton and James go, Ratliff as well.

Their time has come and gone. Justin Smith is fool's gold.

Today's game so far only solidifies the point I am trying to make. 'Ol Chucky keeps blitzing and McNair stares down the reciever from where the guy is blitzing and no one on the defense is rolling over to take the place of the defender blitzing. The Bengals have to be the WORST team for a defense on Third down. It seems like a team makes a first down60% of the time or better against the Bengals. How long can the organization go on with a Defensive Cord. that doesn't improve?

I agree with Shula, it's time for the Bengals to pick a defense and stick with it, draft players to fit that scheme and coach them up.

As of right now, I have no idea what kind of players the Bengals are drafting on defense or what kind of system they are running. It's time to get some continuity on that side of the ball.

Let me ask the original question a slightly different way.

Do you think Marvin goes home after a game and says, "that's exactly the kind of defense I want MY team to play?"

No.

I some of it personnel? To be sure. Odell and Pollack and a healthy Adams change the character of this defense, but some of it is scheme.

Let me ask the original question a slightly different way.

Do you think Marvin goes home after a game and says, "that's exactly the kind of defense I want MY team to play?"

No.

I some of it personnel? To be sure. Odell and Pollack and a healthy Adams change the character of this defense, but some of it is scheme.

And the answer to that question is the exact reason he should take over the defense. He's the head coach, he should, it's his responsibility, he should take it over.

Today's game so far only solidifies the point I am trying to make. 'Ol Chucky keeps blitzing and McNair stares down the reciever from where the guy is blitzing and no one on the defense is rolling over to take the place of the defender blitzing.

Actually I though the worst of these was a 2nd and 8 when both Landon and Brooks blitzed up the middle and Justin Smith tried his hand at dropping back in coverage vs. Heap with no help behind. Result was a 20 yard play.

There was a 3rd down that was even more baffling when Andre Frazier dropped back into zone coverage and McNair had all day to hit Clayton on a comeback for a 1st down. Course that drive only ended up in a FG -- 1 of the 4 the Birds had.

I suspect a worse 3rd down call on a Tory James blitz was leaving Madieu to fend for himself with Clayton in the slot on a quick slant for a 1st down on 3rd and 5. The D did give up a TD on that drive with a whole lot of help from a Chris Perry fumbled KR.

And...actually the worst 3rd down play of the game was a pass by Carson Palmer that had zero chance of being caught by anyone other than a Ratbird. And that went for a TD.

I'd say before the Bengals enterain the notion of firing Brez maybe they ought to go ahead and sign Cliff Russell because Chris Perry blows as a KR. I guess there's been good reasons he hasn't done it before this year. :wacko:

The D did give up a TD on that drive with a whole lot of help from a Chris Perry fumbled KR.

And...actually the worst 3rd down play of the game was a pass by Carson Palmer that had zero chance of being caught by anyone other than a Ratbird. And that went for a TD.

And there's why we lost the game: we coughed the ball up twice and spotted the Ravens an easy 14 points. Perry holds on to the ball and Carson doesn't throw that pick, and we are instead celebrating a victory and praising our great "bend but don't break" D that only gave up 4 FGs.

Turnovers will kill you -- and they killed the Bengals today.

The D did give up a TD on that drive with a whole lot of help from a Chris Perry fumbled KR.

And there's why we lost the game: we coughed the ball up twice and spotted the Ravens an easy 14 points. Perry holds on to the ball and Carson doesn't throw that pick, and we are instead celebrating a victory and praising our great "bend but don't break" D that only gave up 4 FGs.

Turnovers will kill you -- and they killed the Bengals today.

You can't tell me that the difference in the Raven's third down conversions versus the Bengals thrid down conversions weren't the biggest difference in the game. At one point the announcers said the Bengals were 1 for 7! That is absolutely HORRIBLE!

You can't tell me that the difference in the Raven's third down conversions versus the Bengals thrid down conversions weren't the biggest difference in the game.

Yeah, I can. Don't turn over the ball and the Bengals win 20-12, even with all those third down conversions by Baltimore.

Yes replace Chucky. Let Marvin call the plays. I mean he is the f**king defensive wizard right?

My thoughts exactly. The problem is that Marvin said the Bresh's philophy was similar to his and that's why he made the change with Frazier. Marvin's philosphy in Baltimore was to line up and go straight ahead with minimal blitzing. But that's easy to do when you have Ray Lewis and Siragusa and big Sam in the middle. There aren't many if any that have that ability on this team.

What's the point in dropping 8 if they are still completing 3rd and 10+ on every play? I would rather rush 5 or 6 and take my chances. Also is "bump-and-run illegal now? A few three-and-outs would be nice.

As for individual players, you can't control injuries and stupidity. At linebacker, who knew that Pollack would miss they year. How dumb is Odell, really? And I think Simmons is wearing down. So you are playing a rookie from Canada, a rookie that nobody wanted to draft and Johnson and Miller who were drafted for depth.

The D-line has shown flashes but still always seems to be a step too slow in pass rushing situations. The fluky penalties haven't helped either. The run defense has been average at best.

The secondary is hurting with Tory James starting over Joseph. Dexter Jackson's absense a few weeks ago was noticable and Ratliff has been a disappointment.

Missed opportunities with turnovers (dropped INTs and lack of fumble recoveries) have been a difference this year too.