Bengal's D Needs A Leader

bengalskyspy

This D needs a leader who will help define them and their approach. There is no one that any other team fears. Yes we have some CB's. But who fears CBs? Wow they are really fast! We need someone who dishes out some pain to step up!

Honestly I dont think it is Madieu because he looks like a baby! It could be Justin Smith, but they wont commit to him so he is a lame duck. Who have they committed to on D anyway?

Simmons is not that good and too quiet. Dexter? Sam, too fat. Could have been Pollack if he started to breakout this year. Maybe he should step up from the sidelines and raise some hell.

You answered your own question Spy - there is none.

And all Justin Smith does is over-commit, run around like a wild man, and record a bunch of meaningless pile-on tackles. A tweener who plays like a tweener. Good riddance to him next year - he won't be back. Spend that money on a real DE, DT, S or LB.

Personally, I don't think we've been able to stop anyone since Marvin got here. This defense is no better or worse. The only reason we've been competitive is because of the offense. I have been VERY dissapointed with the defense under Marvin. We ALL know, until this defense get's better, we aren't going anywhere except for the first or second round.

Give Brooks a few more games in the Middle to learn and develop his chemistry with the vets around him.

This guy is one BAD motherf**ker! He will start to JACK PEOPLE UP! (And I mean BENGALS!) Very soon as he figures out what is what.

That is my bold prediction.

(Please, please, please, A Brooks, stay out of trouble in the coming off season.) Take a note from Chad, pull up a cot next to his in the clubhouse and stay in Cincy with the coaches and out of trouble. PLEASE?

:cheers:

opps, I mean...

:pepsi:

Need a leader bad!!

His name is mentioned several times in the post following yours by Bngals1.

Marvin. Lewis.

When it comes to the D, he's the best we got, IMHO.

Time to pull a Billick? Can Bresh and take over the D? I dunno...but if you want a leader there you go.

Personally, I don't think we've been able to stop anyone since Marvin got here. This defense is no better or worse. The only reason we've been competitive is because of the offense. I have been VERY dissapointed with the defense under Marvin. We ALL know, until this defense get's better, we aren't going anywhere except for the first or second round.

We've all been dissapointed with the D, but if you don't think it has gotten better, you need to go back and look at that 2003 roster.

Dexter hasd alrdy stepped in as a leader. though hopfully brooks does so we have one for a long time.

And all Justin Smith does is over-commit, run around like a wild man, and record a bunch of meaningless pile-on tackles. A tweener who plays like a tweener. Good riddance to him next year - he won't be back. Spend that money on a real DE, DT, S or LB.

Your so right justin is horrible lets spend 50million dollars on half a sack I can stop the run freeney.

Oh Steakhouse, you do amuse me when you spazz out over Justin Smith. Once again he has twice as many tackles as any defensive lineman on the roster, yet you claim his impact is meaningless. He finally produces sacks by the bunches, yet all you do is whine that he's out of control...until the next post when you complain that all he does is bull rush. And he's never been a tweener....or mistaken for the too-light-in-the-butt designated pass rushing one-trick pony that you'd prefer.