Levi Scoped, C. Perry Practices, Quincy Cut

HoosierCat

Whitworth has held his own for the most part, so losing Levi doesn't worry me too much... We'll probably struggle to run the ball though.

Perry might make a quick impact. He seems to play much better against 4-3 defenses than 3-4s. I'm not sure the Panthers linebacking corps is fast enough to negate the mismatch advantages he'll give us on third down.

Yeah. I'm not a huge Perry fan, but the guy was 3rd on the team in receptions, and 4th on the team in yards from scrimmage (behind only Rudi, Chad, and Housh). That's a pretty impressive stat line for a guy playing primarily on 3rd down in only 14 games. I'm looking forward to having him back.

He also accounted for five 3rd and long conversions of 8 yards or more. Seems like he's exactly the kind of guy we need back with all our 3rd and longs we've been having.

Chris Draft, Nai'l Diggs and maybe James Anderson if Thomas Davis is a no go should make the Panthers vulnerable in the middle of the field and the flats. The Bengals had better have a plan to exploit those areas because it won't be easy to go vertical vs. their solid secondary, especially with Julius Peppers and Kris Jenkins breathing fire on Carson's nape.

I hope to see the backfield split a lot with SUPERSTAR and the ANTI-SUPERSTAR (aka Kenny Watson). It would be a breeze to exploit the Panthers LB on the edges with either spilling out into the flats into space or going into motion to run middle routes. Plus, with Watson back there, Carson will get more time to make some throws because Watson is the best back they got at taking on a DE or DT who breaks free from the line.

I imagine Thomas Davis will play. It's a rib injury... so he probably will just tough it out. LB's are supposed to be able to do that.

As for their secondary... I'm not as impressed as you seem to be. Their best pass defense is their pass-rush, so that is the area we should be concerned about. Even with the best pass-rusher in football, and the best front 4 in football, they gave up 243 passing yards to Brad Johnson, 353 yards to Drew Brees, and 226 yards to Kyle Boller, who didn't play for most of the 1st quarter.

I guess my point is, if our offense can get their act together, their defense won't be able to stop us... but at this point, it seems like a fairly big "if."

I guess my point is, if our offense can get their act together, their defense won't be able to stop us... but at this point, it seems like a fairly big "if."

Everything will revolve around the O-Line again. If they play well, then we will be able to do some things. If they play like they did vs the Pats and the Bucs, then the Panthers D-Line will eat us alive. Everything depends on that.

The O-Line is at the center of our offensive problems, no pun intended. Wrong or right routes, if Carson has time he will get the ball to a receiver, if the O-line is blocking well, then Rudi will get his yards. This will be even more critical this weekend and the errors will be even more obvious and glaring vs the likes of Peppers, Rucker and the rest of the Panthers D-Line. We might give up 10 sacks. It makes me shudder. ALTHOUGH, maybe we will get some of those phantom roughing the passer calls which will give us 15 yards and a fresh set of downs. I am thinking that I am beginning to like the idea of wrapping Doug Johnson up in the Bud Light Sumo suit and just letting the panthers D-line run at him! :lol:

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=13050

:bengal:

Buh-bye Quincy...from da site...

PERRY READY: More evidence that running back Chris Perry is going to be activated for Sunday’s game from the physically unable to perform list. The club waived running back Quincy Wilson on Thursday and probably will re-sign him to the practice squad while making room for Perry on the 53-man roster.

Im suprised wilson lasted as long as he did!

I'm surprised they dumped Quincy over Busing to get Perry back. If he does end up playing receiver with any frequency, McNeal might not get called up and Busing might stick around. Not what I expected.

McNeal already got called up.

Its exactly what I expected, Wilson, unfortunately is just a marginal NFL talent, hes not quite good enough to stick on a team.

knew wilson would get the axe. back to the PS for you!!! hes a rudi clone, unfortunately for him rudi is healthy. did wilson even play special teams? busing plays special teams for sure, was mcneal even active last week? if he was, did he play even on ST's?

knew wilson would get the axe. back to the PS for you!!! hes a rudi clone, unfortunately for him rudi is healthy. did wilson even play special teams? busing plays special teams for sure, was mcneal even active last week? if he was, did he play even on ST's?

McNeal was inactive again last week. Not a good sign if you can't get activated even when you are the 3rd string QB.

knew wilson would get the axe. back to the PS for you!!! hes a rudi clone, unfortunately for him rudi is healthy. did wilson even play special teams?

per curnutte:

Wilson played in three games this season, with 2 rushes for 2 net yards and one special teams tackle.