Pittsburgh - the inside scoop - week 3

duus

O.K. guys, here we go again. Our Bengals might be a bit bruised and battered, but I am looking forward to the Week 3 matchup. My guess is that there will be limited Bengal-talk in Pittsburgh until after the Monday Night game, but I'll start reporting whatever I hear.

As usual, even though my hatred and bias against Pissburgh and everything Stealers is as high as ever, I will surely do my very best to report the facts and as many direct quotes as possible. Oh sure, there will be the jabs here and there, but what fun would it be without that?

Looking forward to a very fun-filled week.

Go Bengals!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. guys, here we go again. Our Bengals might be a bit bruised and battered, but I am looking forward to the Week 3 matchup. My guess is that there will be limited Bengal-talk in Pittsburgh until after the Monday Night game, but I'll start reporting whatever I hear.

As usual, even though my hatred and bias against Pissburgh and everything Stealers is as high as ever, I will surely do my very best to report the facts and as many direct quotes as possible. Oh sure, there will be the jabs here and there, but what fun would it be without that?

Go Bengals!

Well aren't you just the town crier. I'll just bet you're the snitch of your homeowners association too! LMFAO! ... :goof:

Well aren't you just the town crier. I'll just bet you're the snitch of your homeowners association too! LMFAO! ... :goof:

Huh? Here we go again ... Black-N-Urine throwing dumb comments around again. Add value, play around in smack, or go home. (wish I had the ability to remove individual posts so we don't let these idiots over-take informative threads ... always the same ... Pissburghers)

As I said, very little expected concerning the Bengals right now, but ...

... 'Nightly Sports Call' t.v. show leads with some information about the Bengals and Ravens both being 2-0 and looking good ... BUT ... "the already banged-up Bengals are now even more banged-up". He mentions the injuries of the 3 Bengals and states that "Pollack, Jackson, and Braham are all going to be out with injuries". Really? He apparently knows the status of these guys for Week 3 even before Marvin Lewis.

Not related to the Bengals, but sort of funny that a bunch of folks called in going nuts because some guy early in the show called and said he had a coworkers claiming that Benji is over-rated because any QB can play in this offense and be successful. Callers were going crazy over this. "How can they say that? ... he is the youngest QB to ever win the Super Bowl" "24-3 record ... case closed" On and on. Funny how sensitive they get when you say something even slightly negative about Benji Boy.

As I said, very little expected concerning the Bengals right now, but ...

... 'Nightly Sports Call' t.v. show leads with some information about the Bengals and Ravens both being 2-0 and looking good ... BUT ... "the already banged-up Bengals are now even more banged-up". He mentions the injuries of the 3 Bengals and states that "Pollack, Jackson, and Braham are all going to be out with injuries". Really? He apparently knows the status of these guys for Week 3 even before Marvin Lewis.

Not related to the Bengals, but sort of funny that a bunch of folks called in going nuts because some guy early in the show called and said he had a coworkers claiming that Benji is over-rated because any QB can play in this offense and be successful. Callers were going crazy over this. "How can they say that? ... he is the youngest QB to ever win the Super Bowl" "24-3 record ... case closed" On and on. Funny how sensitive they get when you say something even slightly negative about Benji Boy.

A 22.6 passer rating for Little Ben in the Super Bowl....the LOWEST rating EVER for a winning QB in a Super Bowl? Seems to me that Pissburgh won IN SPITE of "Toothlessberger"!

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...n_5026566.shtml

This is a very impressive story of why the Steelers were the 1st team in history to win 9 road games last year. I doubt the Bengals will have this type of support in Heinz Field on Sunday.

What in the world does this have to do with this particular thread (information coming out of Pittsburgh)? Oh, and if the Bengals don't have "this type of support in Heinz Field", then you'll surely need to come up with a different reason for the Bengals winning in Pissburgh last year. I'm guessing that sometimes there is a better reason than 'fans' for a team to win on the road. Could it be that the road team is just better on that day? Black-N-Urine fans continue to be entirely too full of themselves. Like it or not ... you are not that important.

Back to the thread please. Show yourself to have some level of common sense and leave this thread to more informative purposes. Pissburghers.

Go Bengals!

If I see any negative comments about the Steelers on this thread I'm going to request that you be banned to "Troll" status. This is not the Smack Forum. :D

Being a non-Pittsburgher I'm actually looking forward to some of these updates. I'll take into consideration the source of the news feed though. I'm sure it will carry a strong bias. :sure:

Like it or not ... you are not that important.

If it weren't for the Steelers football would not exist. You don't get that, do you? :D

I'm really looking forward to next week's game. I'd rather lose tonight if it means we can work on things to better prepare ourselves for the Bengals.

If it weren't for the Steelers football would not exist. You don't get that, do you? :D

You might be joking... but far too many Steeler fans seem to really believe this. I had a Steeler fan walk into a place of business today with a Bettis shirt on, and I made a comment about how I thought they could lose to Jacksonville tonight, he challenged to fight me. This is why there are negative comments about the Steelers on this board. Sure... I might take football a bit too seriously at times... but I'm not about to challenge someone to a fight because they don't like the Bengals. These kinds of people are simply idiots... and even out here in Indiana, there are far higher ratio of idiots that are Steeler fans than any other fan-base.

Go Bengals!

If I see any negative comments about the Steelers on this thread I'm going to request that you be banned to "Troll" status. This is not the Smack Forum. :D

Being a non-Pittsburgher I'm actually looking forward to some of these updates. I'll take into consideration the source of the news feed though. I'm sure it will carry a strong bias. :sure:

I'm really looking forward to next week's game. I'd rather lose tonight if it means we can work on things to better prepare ourselves for the Bengals.

Heres the biggest mistake the mods made, was putting CT back to member status. Negative comments about s**ttsburgh are going to be here THIS IS A BENGALS BOARD, NOT STEALERS!!!!!! Idiot!!!

If it werent for the stealers there would be no football????? Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!! Hmmmm last I checked you could make that argument with some validity about oh i dont know..... THE PACKERS!!!! How many titles do they have like 9, maybe 10!!!!!!!!! What a dope you are sometimes CT!!!!!! :rolleyes:

My bad after intense research it appears the Packers have 12 titles!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, CT, I readily admit my bias and hatred for everything Pittsburgh ... but ... during the week we play each other and in this particular thread, I do try to simply watch and listen to as much local stuff as possible and report it back in the form of direct quotes. Oh, I will surely add my biased comments, but you can trust the quotes. I realize you have no good known reason to trust me on that, but I think it would be easy enough for a local guy to refute my information, etc. I do take great care in being truthful, and have even in the past quoted positive/respectful things I see/hear. Of course, those are few and far between. :D

Looking forward to this week. Here's to hoping it starts with a Jags win tonight!

Heres the biggest mistake the mods made, was putting CT back to member status. Negative comments about s**ttsburgh are going to be here THIS IS A BENGALS BOARD, NOT STEALERS!!!!!! Idiot!!!

If it werent for the stealers there would be no football????? Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!! Hmmmm last I checked you could make that argument with some validity about oh i dont know..... THE PACKERS!!!! How many titles do they have like 9, maybe 10!!!!!!!!! What a dope you are sometimes CT!!!!!! :rolleyes:

My bad after intense research it appears the Packers have 12 titles!!!!!!!!!!!

That was called "sarcasm". I think more intense research is needed on your part to look that word up.

The Pack have 12 titles but the modern era is generally agreed to have begun in 1970 with the merger of the AFL and NFL. In the modern era Pittsburgh has been better than any other franchise save SF and Dallas. (who also have 5 titles)

Maybe there should be post-modern era that begins, say, with the 1980 regular season. Hmmm ... Steelers have 1, and I think (without looking), the Niners have 5 and the Cowboys have 4. I think that is right. I'll choose to define 'post-modern era' as beginning with the 80's as that is when steroid testing was started. :D

PLEASE!!!! ... stick with the thread's purpose. Feel free to start a 'why Steelers are great' thread in the smack forum or something.

Pissburghers.

The Pack have 12 titles but the modern era is generally agreed to have begun in 1970 with the merger of the AFL and NFL. In the modern era Pittsburgh has been better than any other franchise save SF and Dallas. (who also have 5 titles)

Maybe there should be post-modern era that begins, say, with the 1980 regular season. Hmmm ... Steelers have 1, and I think (without looking), the Niners have 5 and the Cowboys have 4. I think that is right. I'll choose to define 'post-modern era' as beginning with the 80's as that is when steroid testing was started. :D

PLEASE!!!! ... stick with the thread's purpose. Feel free to start a 'why Steelers are great' thread in the smack forum or something.

Pissburghers.

I can semi agree with the steroid statement, but I would have to think that steroid usage and weight training was being done by more teams than the Steelers. What year did the NFL start steroid testing? 85, 86? I would think that the Raiders would have had another trophy if teams strengths were based solely on steroid usage. It will be interesting in the next 5-10 years as to how many of yesterdays supstars will come out of the chemical enhancement closet.

Duus the problem with your argument is that 1970 is the year that NFL Films and most of the NON-BIASED, national media use. The AFL-NFL merger started the modern era of the NFL. That is accepted NFL history not Steeler bias. It just so happens that year was 1970. The reason the Steelers have such a large national fanbase is that the 70's were the 1st decade that the NFL on TV became huge. The Steelers dynasty was the 1st dynasty of the modern era and captured the interest of a national audience. (things like MNF started in the 70's)

This rationale is also why the Dallas Cowboys have such a large, national fanbase. All the playoff appearances and this latest championship have just kept the fanbase going.

Go Bengals!

Hey every game counts, Id rather start 2-0 than 1-1. I know what you said but id rather have the chance to go 3-0.

Duus the problem with your argument is that 1970 is the year that NFL Films and most of the NON-BIASED, national media use. The AFL-NFL merger started the modern era of the NFL. That is accepted NFL history not Steeler bias. It just so happens that year was 1970. The reason the Steelers have such a large national fanbase is that the 70's were the 1st decade that the NFL on TV became huge. The Steelers dynasty was the 1st dynasty of the modern era and captured the interest of a national audience. (things like MNF started in the 70's)

This rationale is also why the Dallas Cowboys have such a large, national fanbase. All the playoff appearances and this latest championship have just kept the fanbase going.

Dude ... I was kidding! Uh, thus the reason for the smiley and the 'post-modern' talk. I just find it funny how everyone wants to define and look at things such that their team looks the best. Makes sense, but just funny. We all do it.

BTW ... for what it is worth, I, for one, suspect that there is a ton of hgh, etc going on in the NFL just like other major sports. Give me a break. Have you ever bothered to compare some of these guys from college to pro? Not everyone, but a lot more than folks want to believe. In the end, who cares?

Uh ... back to thread topic.

(why does this always happen with this thread?)

Dude ... I was kidding! Uh, thus the reason for the smiley and the 'post-modern' talk. I just find it funny how everyone wants to define and look at things such that their team looks the best. Makes sense, but just funny. We all do it.

BTW ... for what it is worth, I, for one, suspect that there is a ton of hgh, etc going on in the NFL just like other major sports. Give me a break. Have you ever bothered to compare some of these guys from college to pro? Not everyone, but a lot more than folks want to believe. In the end, who cares?

Uh ... back to thread topic.

(why does this always happen with this thread?)

Cause its illegal to talk negative about the Steelers. Ive never seen any fanbase get so bent out of shape if you say the slightest thing negative about their team. They feel the need to voice their opinion( fact in their minds)

Junker and Crow Show (radio)

The show starts off by Crow relaying the obvious about the game last night, "Brutal and horrible and bad."

Junker - ""I can easily see them being 2 games behind the Bengals by next week."

They then began a long complaining dialogue about not bringing in Batch in the 4th quarter. (Too funny. That didn't take long.)

Crow - "I've never seen a team not have any answers ... consistently struggling at every part of the game."