What's the chance that we get Vincent from Buffalo?

agreen_112

I seen yesterday that Buffalo had to place Vincent on the IR list for some reason b/c of a hamy injury and that means that he can't play for the team for the rest of the year. They also said that once he's cleared to play that he will be traded. Obviously the Bengals and Buffalo have a good relationship (Dealing Adams and Spikes) so what are the chances of the Bengals looking at Vincent? I know that Williams isn't going anywhere and Dexter is pretty darn impressive, but with a guy like Vincent our D would be tenacious! ESPN is saying that they'll probably only get a 1st round pick for him....

There are still unsigned free agents out there like Lance Schulters, Ronnie Heard, and Keion Carpenter. If the Bengals had interest in gaining depth at the safety position, they'd most likely pick up one of those guys rather than trading something for an injured player.

I'd prefer we get some better depth at the safety position as well... but it doesn't seem to be a priority for Marvin right now, so I guess KK and Jones are good enough for them.

Slim to none chances.

He's 36 years old and has a battered body at this point.

There's no way in hell anyone would give up more than a 4th + rounder for him - if that - ecspecially coming off of an injury.

I'm not sure why ESPN would report that Buffalo would only take a 1st rounder for him, he's hardly worth anything right now unless a team has a major injury mid-season.

In another few weeks, every player with the possible exception of the DLine will be LINEBACKERS! :lmao::lmao:

:bengal:

:cheers:

Hmmm. Interesting concept Tasher, and actually not too far from the truth. You can see Marvin Lewis preference for quick, agile, undersized linebacker defensive guys that can play anywhere he wants or needs them to for defensive purposes on this team. A virtual "Plug and Play" squad on that side of the ball so to speak.

Personally I'm liking how well the defense has been playing up until now. Holding Kansas City running back Larry Johnson to under 100 yards last weekend was an incredible feat considering he was romping around the 200 yard mark on us last time we faced them! A complete reversal of defensive fortunes in so few games is very encouraging. Keep it up Marvin because I, for one, am LOVING IT! :sure:

Obviously the Bengals and Buffalo have a good relationship (Dealing Adams and Spikes)...

Spikes and Adams were both free agents. They weren't traded. The front offices might have a relationship from being the only teams to vote against the CFA, but not from making trades.

PFT seems to think that the Bills put him through some little-used process that ends up with him on waivers or something in 4-6 weeks. If that's the case, by that time some team with hurt safeties will likely nab him. Not sure what happens if he clears waivers (UFA?)

I think the Bengals did something like that this year, too. I think it was referred as IR/Waiver or something like that. It allows you to make an injury settlement with a player and possibly re-sign him to a different contract.

On second thought, it probably wasn't the Bengals, but I heard about somebody else doing that around cut-down time.

Well now that D-Jax is hurt and we don't know the extint of the injury this might not be a bad idea..... I know that KK is our man and that this is the reason that he is still on the team, to come in and be a back up, but it just worries the hell out of me. KK is a good back up, but can we rely on him in the playoffs? A pick up for a veteran safety might be a good move.

The word is that Jackson has a sprained ankle. He may miss a few weeks but that isnt a season-threatening thing. I doubt the look to add anyone. Most likely they just try to bridge the gap with K2.

If you want a better option than him, well, I'd look to one name on the roster that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle: H-D "Indiana" Jones. Big opportunity for him to step up here.