Think Jumpy will get fined?

BengalChamps

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very unfortunate hit and if I were a KC fan I would be pissed, but he did get blocked into him (gee, does that sound familiar?). I can't see a fine; there wasn't even a flag. You never want to see an injury like that but it was good to see a D that was hitting like a brick on every play.

The shoulder into the head is what will get him fined. Green was sliding, and he dove into him. The kicker was he looked right in his face and buried the shoulder into the head intentionally. Definite fine, no doubt.

actually his shoulder hit green's chest and green's head bounced off the turf. Geathers did not hit green's head. I dont think he will be fined.

The shoulder into the head is what will get him fined. Green was sliding, and he dove into him. The kicker was he looked right in his face and buried the shoulder into the head intentionally. Definite fine, no doubt.

actually his shoulder hit green's chest and green's head bounced off the turf. Geathers did not hit green's head. I dont think he will be fined.

Yup. I feel bad for Green, great guy, but don't wait that late to slide. Not jumpy's fault.

Dude, your Steeler influence has obviously gotten to you here. Take another look at the picture provided by Kazkal. Look how close they are and Green's knee is not on the ground. He might have been going that way, but he wasn't there yet. The picture also shows he was clearly blocked in the back. Now while this isn't the only reason the hit occured, the hit was assisted. I would be pissed if I were a KC fan and I would be going ape-sh*t due to the loss of my starting QB, but the ref was RIGHT THERE and there was no flag. There doesn't need to be a flag to be a fine, but with all that was shown, THERE IS NO WAY GEATHERS GETS FINED !!! Legal hit, but boy what a price to pay.

Trent Green is a very good QB and an even more classy person. He spoke with Carson about his injury and offered encouragement to him. I for one, hope Trent comes back from this with little ill effect !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yup. I feel bad for Green, great guy, but don't wait that late to slide. Not jumpy's fault.

Plus, if memory serves, he ran other times in that drive without sliding at all. Can't really have it both ways.

And I don't think Green being down has anything to do with it --- if the QB goes into a slide, he's off-limits. I just think he was too late this time.

So "Football Night in America" is on now and one of their lead stories in the Geathers hit on Green. Per their stooge Peter King, the KC team is "incensed" with the hit and GM Carl Peterson is going to protest the lack of a penalty to the league (gee, sound familiar?). Well, y'know what, I could argue, but fuggit. Let's just roll with it. Bengals are a bunch of thugs who will kill anyone on defense. At least we won't get any more of that "soft" crap. And Mr. Joey "most feared player in the nfl" Porter can kiss Robert Geathers' a$$.

It wasn't even shoulder-to-helmet. It was shoulder-to-chest, and then Green's head whiplashed to the turf.

Face it, Trent Green never should have been out there running, for precisely this reason. But the d-line pressure was so intense, he had been flushed out in two of the three previous plays. He's not a scrambling qb, he got down WAY too late, and he took a hellacious hit. But I don't think it will draw a fine, and I don't think it should. if there had been even a whiff of helmet-to-helmet on that, Geathers probably would have been tossed from the game, much less drawn a penalty.

Here's one difference between Bengals fans and Steelers fans, for the troll in particular who the mods for some reason allow to continue to post, I am willing to admit that Green's loss was huge for the Chiefs in that game and likely sealed their fate. None of this "Chiefs were just fine with their back-up" bulls**t from me, like we heard from too many Steelers fans last January.

And, one more thing, it was nice to have the hardest hitting nastiest defense on the field wearing orange and black, for a change. Real nice.

I think he should get fined because of the combination of how brutal the hit was, and teh fact that it was ab it questionable. I don't think he intended the hit to be malicious... but you can definitely make a case that it bordered on dirty.

Did Trent Green wait too long to slide? Yep. That was part of it. Did Geathers get blocked into him? A little... but I have a hard time believing that Kennison could block Geathers that hard into Green with a glancing block.

The issue is that Geathers wanted to remind Green to get down. It's part of the game. All defenders do it. Similar to the way Kimo wanted to let Palmer know he was going to be there all day. You take a shot at a guy to get into his head. It's not illegal, but it is a little dirty.

Like I said, Geathers didn't intend to hurt him like that... but he did, so he should probably be fined. We'd want the same penalty if it were the other way around.

All defenders do this kind of thing, so I don't think it's going to bring more dirty hits on Palmer... but just the way it looked, he should be fined, if for no other reason than a PR move.

The league might feel like it has to fine Jumps but no way it sticks. All an appeal has to have is the tape of the play. There should have been a flag thrown for blocking in the back. Whether Jumps lays off or not w/o getting shoved into Green by his own WR is another ? But I doubt he decks Green on his own when he's sliding because Jumpy Jr. just ain't that kind of player to go out of his way to hurt somebody. Kinda unfamiliar territory for Geathers to be that far downfield though being a DE and all so it is hard to say what he would've done.

Green is a gamer. Being that old and hoofing it downfield to try to keep his team competitive...gotta like seeing him do whatever it takes. But you could see something on the verge of going bad for Green on the few plays before that. Hopefully he gets through it but that was as bad of a head bounce I've seen and hard to imagine him playing anytime soon.

Im sorry, but when the QB leaves the pocket he doesnt deserve special protection. Other players shouldnt be afraid to drive into the offensive player just because he is a QB. That's ridiculous.

If a player is gaining positive yardage on my D, I hope my D takes him down. He hit him in the chest, not the helmet. It was a hard hit but clean (the damage was done by the turf).

I feel bad for Trent. You never want to see that happen to anyone but just b/c he hit the QB or dove at the QB doesnt mean he deserves to get fine.