w/the 17th pick...

17. Cincinnati Bengals — RB Kevin Jones*, Virginia Tech

After being timed at an unexpectedly slow 4.6 in the 40, his stock has slipped, but not enough to get by the Bengals, who did a great job taking the best player available in Marvin Lewis’ first year. With Corey Dillon likely gone, RB depth is a major concern.

This has them passing on D'Angelo Hall for a running back. I hear New England would love to have Kevin Jones and they have two first round picks... Sounds like a nice trade down option to me?

While I think that Jones is the best back in the draft, we need a first round rb like we need another Mike Brown. I'd love to see the Bengals slip down a few spots grab an extra pick, but only if the best d-linemen are off the board by 17

If Marvin is truly in control this year, as was the case last year, then If the trade panned out that way , We should be able to trade down.--Especially if Steven Jackson is already off the board !. But with DeAngelo Hall there, I really don't see a need to trade down, unless N.E. is willing to give up both 1st's. At that case, we could still grab a lineman and a corner. Randy Starks , and maybe Poole, or Strait, Heck maybe even Perry, who I feel is a better option than Jones. Perry is a complete back, and reminds me too much of Curtis Martin.

I just looked at the mock..... Why in the MOST HIGHs' green earth would we pass up on Kenechi Udeze , to draft a running back.!!!!!!!!!!

That's just stupid.. I swear, every since Joel Buschbaum died 2 years ago, Profootballweekly has become dumber and dumber.

Somebody please extract some DNA out of JBs' corpse and inject into whatever idiot that was that posted that mock...

Not only do we pass on Udeze, but we pass on Hall as well...

As a matter of fact... .If by some miracle that the draft did work out like that.. I would take.

# 17. Kenechi Udeze de U.S.C.

and

# 49. Derrick Strait cb Oklahoma.

Or maybe even go Randy Starks in round 2. !!

No way we take a RB in the first round. I hate to give up anything but we may be better off moving up four or five spots to secure one of the top notch lineman. What a crap shoot to guess if a guy will fall to you or not. :unsure:

THe draft itself is a crap shoot....

having said that....Why would we draft a RB in the first.....our best RB ever (possibly) was drafted in the second....we have other things to address, such as not getting thrown on all day, and not getting run on all day.....Jim Anderson is a great RB coach IMO, it seems that almost every RB in our system has been productive....and I feel as though Rudi will be the same....he's durable as hell....I mean, the Texans game (or the one where he carried 39 or 40 times, almost broke the record) speaks for itself.....at the very least, if he doesnt come close to matching those totals (based on his character, I believe he will) at least it will keep some of the pressure off CP....

No way we take a RB in the first round. I hate to give up anything but we may be better off moving up four or five spots to secure one of the top notch lineman.

Jungle - I could not agree more... If we take a RB earlier than the fourth round, I will be very upset (unless, of course, somehow a top four RB sild to the thrid rd.) - which will not happen... I would be willing to trade one of 3rd rd.-picks (if we trade Corey), if we could move up to get Wolfolk...

Like I haven't..... :lol::D:lol::D , but appreciate the compliment.

---A guy writing about his friend " Derrick Ward " rb Ottawa Braves (kan.)---basically asked me the same thing yesterday. I told him the same thing, I'm part of a many thousand schmucks' that have applied for NFL, jobs etc etc.. ---Let's just say the waiting list is using binary codes because it ran out of normal digits. :(