Max jeane Gillies 2nd rounder

turningpoint

We've said this before and I'll say it again, more than one of the guys left gets a deal and more than likely, someone gets tagged.

I just don't see where the Bengals are going to let their 2nd rounder go without thought when they have the ability to make it happen. If anyone gets dropped here (AS MUCH AS I WOULDN'T WANT IT) I think it's Big Willie. Steinbach is versatile and plys multiple positions along the line. How many others are not only serviceable, but good at those other positions ???

I also don't see us drafting an o-lineman on day one with the picks we made in last years draft... Guycheck, Kieft, Wilkerson, not to mention having the dancing bear in reserves...

WHODEY !!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the Bobbie Williams signing much. If they let Steinbach go and keep Wiliams, I will be pissed.

You don't spend a high 2nd round pick on a guard and then just let him go the minute he becomes a FA 3 years later. Just stupid. He was a PB alternate last year - Williams wasn't for a reason.

Paul Alexander is a douche, a Brown family butt kisser who keeps his job for no good reason.

Carson Palmer comes back from a major knee injury, and the first thing you do the following year is let your best guard go?

They have to address the o-line this off-season in the worst way. The entire offense will go to crap if they don't either re-sign everyone, or spend high draft picks on replacements.

I would rather see Levi go than Steinbach, if they can find a worthy LT. Levi is nothing special at all, just like Williams.

I'm presuming that you guys don't take the Sporting News article about MJG seriously. He is bigger than all but 4 OL already. If he dropped thirty pounds, he would be great, but right now, he is not agile. He doesn't have great footwork. I like the guy (watched him a lot down here in Georgia, and met him), but I really think he is Tony Mandarich waiting to happen.

I'm presuming that you guys don't take the Sporting News article about MJG seriously. He is bigger than all but 4 OL already. If he dropped thirty pounds, he would be great, but right now, he is not agile. He doesn't have great footwork. I like the guy (watched him a lot down here in Georgia, and met him), but I really think he is Tony Mandarich waiting to happen.

Oh sh*t, you had me confused being on topic and all !!! I didn't see the article...

WHODEY !!!

Levi is nothing special at all, just like Williams.

I really don't understand this. Levi repeatedly shut down some good defensive ends in 2005 (see Dwight Freeney). He had a better year than Big Willie did, and Big Willie made the Pro Bowl. We have two of the best tackles in the NFL, and they both deserve all the credit they're getting. I know you think our O-line isn't as good as it is cracked up to be, but I just ask why? The stats show otherwise, and so does the film.

Let Steinbach go for the obese UGA guard? Idiotic. Use the Bengals' 2d round pick on the obese guard from UGA? Stupendously idiotic. Steinbach is one of the best offensive lineman in the league. Not only is he the starting left guard, he is the back-up left tackle to Levi Jones. By the way, he also played center last year. He's too valuable to let go simply because he hasn't signed his extension yet. The object should be to keep the offensive line intact, not to start over with an obese guard from UGA. Get real.

Lest you think that he is just a big fat guy, one of the scouts quoted in the TSN article was very high on him saying that he was poised to be a "good NFL guard" for years to come at his current weight, but if he went down to 320-330, he would be "a great NFL guard."

He ain't just a big fat guy. I'm optimistic, but if we take a first round Bulldog, I want to see Pope.

Steinbach is our back up Left Tackle and is pretty good... I don't know that we can do 6 but maybe4.5 with lots of gurantees.... but his play at LT looks nearly as good to me as Levi... Levi can get lazy at times and won't move his feet, at least Eric moves his feet more, but occasionally can get bull-rushed..

ALSO.... Sporting NEWS thinks the BENGALS WILL DRAFT NICK MANGOLD (C, OHIO STATE) in the FiRST ROUND....... apparently CLUES are expensive at TSN so they did not buy any......................................

I would rate a pick of Mangold in the 1st, right up there with giving up all those picks just to get the "SuperStar" Akili Smith...

We have big Ritchie (I know, getting older), Guycheck, and Wilkerson...

Just a stupid decision, based on our defensive needs...

WHODEY !!!

wikerson wasnt even drafted and guycheck was rated as the fourth or fifthe best center last year.

what makes you think either will be a starter in the future..

mangold is the best center in the draft and isnt injured...

im not saying draft him but dont think that what we currently have is all that ,, it may not be

Wilkerson was projected to be the 1st center taken last year before his injury. Therefore, you can assume that his skills are comparable to Mangold's, so don't give me the whole "he wasn't even drafted" crap. It's an injury issue, and he should be fine.

Also... who cares if Ghiaciuc was the 4th or 5th center taken in the draft. It isn't always about where you were drafted. Chris Perry was a 1st round draft pick, and Rudi Johnson was a 4th rounder. I guess we've been starting the wrong guy. (and let's not forget where Tom Brady was drafted... or perhaps they should trade up to get Leinart)

Ghiaciuc very well might be a much better center than Mangold. You don't know. He played well in the game he was forced to start, and like I said, Wilkerson has all the talent there... it's just a matter of getting over the injury.

We defintely have other areas of need far worse than center. Mangold is a hometown hero, but we just don't need him.

wikerson wasnt even drafted and guycheck was rated as the fourth or fifthe best center last year.

what makes you think either will be a starter in the future..

mangold is the best center in the draft and isnt injured...

im not saying draft him but dont think that what we currently have is all that ,, it may not be

Had Wilkerson been healthy, he would have been drafted no later than round 3. He is now or soon will be healthy, according to Hobson.

As for Ghiaciuc, I know he'll be fine because he's already had a start - a quality start - against Jacksonville last year. Yes, we lost that game, but no, not because of Ghiaciuc, who performed well against The Jag's impressive pair of Defensive Tackles.

We do not need another C at the moment. That, and there are other pressing needs that need to be addressed.

I can see us taking an OL (probably a tackle prospect) as early as r6, but that's the extent of it.