Condeleezza

NFL | Rice not interested in becoming NFL commissioner; at least for now

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:25:59 -0800

The Associated Press reports secretary of state Condoleezza Rice is not applying for the newly opened post of NFL commissioner - not now, anyhow, her spokesman said carefully Monday, March 20. Rice is enjoying being secretary of state "at the moment," spokesman Sean McCormack said. The wiggle-room in his response after NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced he would retire resonated off frequent only half-joking statements by Rice that as a lifelong football fan she aspires to run the league one day. New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft seems to be in Rice's corner for the football post.

Holy Crap I would die...Looks like she really doesnt have intrest for President :blink::blink::angry:

NFL | Rice not interested in becoming NFL commissioner; at least for now

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:25:59 -0800

The Associated Press reports secretary of state Condoleezza Rice is not applying for the newly opened post of NFL commissioner - not now, anyhow, her spokesman said carefully Monday, March 20. Rice is enjoying being secretary of state "at the moment," spokesman Sean McCormack said. The wiggle-room in his response after NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue announced he would retire resonated off frequent only half-joking statements by Rice that as a lifelong football fan she aspires to run the league one day. New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft seems to be in Rice's corner for the football post.

Holy Crap I would die...Looks like she really doesnt have intrest for President :blink::blink::angry:

Are you trying to keep a "sister" down? You must be Bengalszone's version of "The Man!" :rolleyes:

Not that I'm against a woman as commish, but when was she considered an option. How was she put into the position of having to turn down the job?

Not that I'm against a woman as commish, but when was she considered an option. How was she put into the position of having to turn down the job?

Before being named Secretary O' State she did an interview with Vanity Fair where she mentioned her dream job, decalaring loudly that if the commish job opened up..."I'm out of here." In addition, she's a big Cleveland Brown fan and it's believed that her experience at Stanford made he a qualified candidate. But things have changed since the interview was given, not the least being her emergence as a potential presidential candidate. :lol:

BTW, I'm betting the next commish will be a bean counting lawyer few of us have ever heard of.