McCown

TJJackson

With the Saints (Brees) and the Dolphins (Culpepper) now set at starting QB, does this mean the Bengals now have a slightly better shot at securing McCown?

As far as I know, the only two teams hotly pursuing QBs, including McCown, were the two I just mentioned.

Does anyone know of any other team that is talking with McCown?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting we don't see Carson until week 8 at best, ergo my feeling is we need to pick up a quality veteran who will get at least 8 starts

I too would prefer Carson back and ready to go so we never start a #2 QB, but my philosophy is to plan for the worst. Which means we need a QB with the experience to come in and give us quality starts right away

Lions | Talking with McCown

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:30:09 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Detroit Lions remain interested in adding more depth to their quarterback position. The team remains in contact with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals).

He'd be foolish to take them up on that right after Kitna hopped on the bus. His chances of making his mark on this league would be much greater if he were a Bengal.

I'd say it would be an even money bet that McCown would beat out Kitna for the Lions starting job.

You're probably right, but there's no guarantee there. I'm not certain that McCown is as well versed in the tendencies of Jon Kitna as are his (former) fans. I doubt he ends up in Detroit or Cincinnati... But I guess with New Orleans and Miami off the board he is running out of options.

I'm hoping to see that Martin signed with the Bengals in the next few hours. Then we can get on with it. It looks like he's the guy we are targeting... and with the good news we've heard about Palmer in the last few days, it's looking like we won't need him to play for more than a few weeks... something Martin is more than capable to do.

Let's get on with it... and then, um... sign Adams? I guess... whatever.

I don't see any logic in McCown going to Detroit. Three lazy, underachieving WRs, a mediocre defense, and no RB. The Bengals had one of the best offenses in the league and went to the playoffs. Make a smart decision, Josh.

P.S. Why the hell are the Bengals not going after Pickett? He's only like 26 or 28!