If you could have any player

Jet23

Let's say it is Christmas and you could ask for any NFL player to be a Bengal, provided they are healthy. Who would that be??? Here's my top 5.

1) Troy Palamalu - Makes the entire defense better

2) Richard Seymour - When healthy, he is a monster

3) Antonio Gates - We would find a ball to get to him. He would soooo open things up even more.

4) Ed Reed - Remember, he has been hurt. He's a stud when healthy.

5) Kimo Von Oelhoffen - just so we can bludgeon him in the locker room.

I'll take Freeney or Peppers first.

Secondly, I'd pick either John Henderson, Marcus Stroud, or Albert haynesworht, all young stud DT's

I don't think Troy Polomalu would do as well in our system, he plays at the line of scrimmage a lot and our safeties Never play at the line. So I'd rather have Ed Reed

ROY WILLIAMS -the safety

most overrated safety in the league. he's great in run support, but he covers as well as ohalete.

..polamalu would be perfect in our system. somebody above said he wouldn't fit our system b/c we don't play our safeties in the box...i think that's because we haven't had safeties who could effectively play up front.

my top 5: (very similar to jet23's)

1. polamalu

2. seymour/kris jenkins

3. peppers

4. larry johnson

5. antonio gates

ROY WILLIAMS -the safety

most overrated safety in the league. he's great in run support, but he covers as well as ohalete.

..polamalu would be perfect in our system. somebody above said he wouldn't fit our system b/c we don't play our safeties in the box...i think that's because we haven't had safeties who could effectively play up front.

1. polamalu

2. seymour/kris jenkins

3. peppers

4. larry johnson

5. antonio gates

Au Contraire', my friend. I don't think it's our system all together, you know, Marvin's whole interchangable deal. I'm not saying he still wouldn't be good, just less of an impact. Pitt uses him perfectly in their run and pass blitz scheme. Ed reed fits our system better, in my opinion, of course.

ROY WILLIAMS -the safety

1. polamalu

2. seymour/kris jenkins

3. peppers

4. larry johnson

5. antonio gates

Au Contraire', my friend. I don't think it's our system all together, you know, Marvin's whole interchangable deal. I'm not saying he still wouldn't be good, just less of an impact. Pitt uses him perfectly in their run and pass blitz scheme. Ed reed fits our system better, in my opinion, of course.

i think marvin ultimately wants that style of blitzing defense. we just don't have the players to pull that off yet. he doesn't have the defense he wants yet, and until that happens, marvin will put the scheme to the players. if we had a player like polamalu, he would play the players to the scheme. there's nothing polamalu can't do. i guess he'd be good in any defense, regardless of the system.

ROY WILLIAMS -the safety

1. polamalu

2. seymour/kris jenkins

3. peppers

4. larry johnson

5. antonio gates

i think marvin ultimately wants that style of blitzing defense. we just don't have the players to pull that off yet. he doesn't have the defense he wants yet, and until that happens, marvin will put the scheme to the players. if we had a player like polamalu, he would play the players to the scheme. there's nothing polamalu can't do. i guess he'd be good in any defense, regardless of the system.

You know, he really doesn't want that style of defense. If he did, Leslie Frazier wouldn't have been fired fo calling such an aggressice defense.

Julies Peppers would be my first pick.

After him, John Henderson, Champ Bailey, or Shaun Rogers.

Im not too worried about safety, we have a stud back there, all we need now is a good one that wont blow coverage and miss tackles consistantly. I think it should be pretty easy to find, especially if we had a pass rush.

ROY WILLIAMS -the safety

1. polamalu

2. seymour/kris jenkins

3. peppers

4. larry johnson

5. antonio gates

You know, he really doesn't want that style of defense. If he did, Leslie Frazier wouldn't have been fired fo calling such an aggressice defense.

:blink: reread my post cuz.

we didn't have anything close to the right personnel when frazier was here. his style is exactly what marvin wants...eventually. we don't have the right players to accommodate marvin's desires right now. frazier got fired because his style didn't work for our players, not because of his philosophy.

1. Julius Peppers-RE

2. Ed Reed/Polamalu-SS

3. Shaun Rogers-DT

4. Champ Bailey-CB

5. Marcus Stroud-DT

6. Dwight Freeney-LE

7. DeAngelo Hall-CB

8. Shawne Merriman-LOLB

9. Joey Porter-ROLB

Get all these guys, keep Odell in the middle and Madieu at FS and Deltha at nickel back. Back to reality, we'll never see a big time free agent in Cincy. I might be a little bitter but I haven't seen it happen in twenty years.

1. Julius Peppers-RE

2. Ed Reed/Polamalu-SS

3. Shaun Rogers-DT

4. Champ Bailey-CB

5. Marcus Stroud-DT

6. Dwight Freeney-LE

7. DeAngelo Hall-CB

8. Shawne Merriman-LOLB

9. Joey Porter-ROLB

Get all these guys, keep Odell in the middle and Madieu at FS and Deltha at nickel back. Back to reality, we'll never see a big time free agent in Cincy. I might be a little bitter but I haven't seen it happen in twenty years.

Porter??? No thanks I'd rather play with 10.

I so way forgot about Peppers, nice call by a few of you. I too love Lights Out, he and Odell could wreak some serious havoc. I have also reconsidered Peyton Manning. I don't want him anywhere near my team. Even if it is for just a few games. But, I get to be the one to tell him he is not allowed to play for the Bengals. I'll just tell him our idiot kicker didn't want him...