Landon Johnson

Spain

This guy is a beast and I have some ?s

1. He is one of the best backup LBs in the leauge. So how long will he want to stay as a backup here.

2. Could he beat out water boy?

3. Just for fun (whats his trade value)

4. Is he willing to wait for Simmons spot.(Simmons isnt slowing down)

Spain, put down the damned crack pipe! You ask some of the most moronic questions and start some of the truely STUPID threads of all time.

1. Defensive is about depth. He's not a "backup", he's the 4th linebacker. Rotation, Rotation, Rotation.

2. He and David Pollack are not really in competition. They are two different types of linebackers. Pollack is a strong side backer and defensive end type, while Landon is a middle linebacker/weak side linebacker who can fill in at strong side if necessary. By the way, if you would even look at "Water Boy" without being so high you could touch the sky, you'd notice David Pollack looks nothing at all like Adam Sandler aka "The Water Boy". Every time you call him that you look even more the freaking idiot you are.

3. He has no trade value. He is a Cincinnati Bengal, and trading a guy like him is about as dumb as YOU can get. Marvin can't get that dumb.

4. Why wouldn't he be willing to wait for Simmon's spot? Simmons IS slowing down, and in less than 3 years, he will be gone.

How many times do I have to say this

What makes your opinion more valuable than his?

1. I know the difference between Adam Sandler and David Pollack?

2. I'm not so high on dope I sound like a complete idiot every time I open my mouth?

3. I actually watch the game every season, 20+ weeks a year.

4. I've played the game.

5. It's AMERICAN football, not European football we are talking about.

I could go on, but these are just the fast five reasons.

What's the point of personally attacking him? Just ignore the thread if you think it's that stupid.

He is from the states from what I recall. It'd be different if Spain shot back at you guys personally - but he doesn't and just ignores it.

As for Landon I think he was a tremendous draft pick - better at getting to the ball carrier than any other LB on the roster. He's also a starter, not a back-up, although he rotates with Pollack at times.

I'm sure he has trade value, but in the NFL that doesn't mean a thing as a lot of players do - he's not going anywhere. Probably my 2nd or 3rd fav defensive player next to Madeiu. I'm not so sure he'd be a better run stopping MLB than Thurman at this point.

What's the point of personally attacking him? Just ignore the thread if you think it's that stupid.

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES! The dude is worse than Forrest Gump, and he is constantly spouting off his complete and total ignorance of football. If your kid kept saying fire wasn't hot, would you just ignore it or try to correct him so he didn't get burnt?

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES! The dude is worse than Forrest Gump, and he is constantly spouting off his complete and total ignorance of football. If your kid kept saying fire wasn't hot, would you just ignore it or try to correct him so he didn't get burnt?

Does it burn you to avoid to Spain's threads? Don't compare apples to oranges. If you don't have something positive or valuable to contribute to the topic in question, then why even bother saying anything? You've made it quite evident to everyone what you think of Spain, and your responses to his threads have become far more annoying than the threads themselves.

In regards to Landon, he has been excellent so far. If I recall, he was a 3rd rounder, and as such he has really panned out into a solid player. Simmons has really come on the second half of the year, and that has limited Landon's production I believe. In due time, you're probably right, he will take over that spot.

So what are you, Bill Freaking Belichick? I'm pretty sure you're not the authority on football. And being ignorant of football isn't a crime - wouldn't we want to encourage, rather than discourage, footbal fans?

Not only that, his question wasn't stupid - the Bengals may have a LB rotation, but guys still like to officially start. Also, he *is* basically in competition with Pollack right now since that's usually who he rotates in for. There's 3 spots and 4 people, so playing time gets rationed. Whoever plays better gets on the field more. And if you re-read what he said, he didn't suggest trading LJ, rather considering it as a hypothetical. Finally, I'm pretty sure his calling Pollack "Water Boy" has nothing to do with his resembling Adam Sandler (or not).

Spain isn't attacking you, and as usual, you respond to a random post with personal insults. Grow some manners.

So what are you, Bill Freaking Belichick? I'm pretty sure you're not the authority on football. And being ignorant of football isn't a crime - wouldn't we want to encourage, rather than discourage, footbal fans?

Not only that, his question wasn't stupid - the Bengals may have a LB rotation, but guys still like to officially start. Also, he *is* basically in competition with Pollack right now since that's usually who he rotates in for. There's 3 spots and 4 people, so playing time gets rationed. Whoever plays better gets on the field more. And if you re-read what he said, he didn't suggest trading LJ, rather considering it as a hypothetical. Finally, I'm pretty sure his calling Pollack "Water Boy" has nothing to do with his resembling Adam Sandler (or not).

Spain isn't attacking you, and as usual, you respond to a random post with personal insults. Grow some manners.

And what makes your opinion so sacrosanct that I should allow a drug using moron to post whatever idiocy he wants to post better than my opinion that STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES and point out just how ignorant of football he is? Are you freaking Ms. Manners?

FOOTBALL ISNT ABOUT MANNERS, ITS ABOUT BEING A MAN.

And what makes your opinion so sacrosanct that I should allow a drug using moron to post whatever idiocy he wants to post better than my opinion that STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES and point out just how ignorant of football he is? Are you freaking Ms. Manners?

1. You're not one to be calling anyone else an idiot.

2. It's a public message board. He has as much right as you.

3. It's not your job to point out anyone's ignorance, assuming you had the ability. If it's so obvious he's an idiot, the rest of us will figure it out on our own. We don't need your help.

!. We're not playing football, we're talking on a message board and momma always used to say if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything. Obviously, you look down on drug users.

I suggest everyone take a deep breath and read the forum rules

Take the thread back on topic or it will be closed. I'm a moderator, not a friggin babysitter

Dear Lord, Im just going to stop posting here. I swear i would say the sky was blue and they would troll me. Second Landon might be hot property this next offseason. I bet Gms around the leauge are looking at this guy big time. I would love to see him stay and take over for Simmons but this guy is a above average LB that is versatile. That versatility means to me that he would probably be a player here for the long term. However if the guys like Caleb begin coming up. You might see Simmons go and LJ in the starters role. I guess it would be better to call this post LJs future. Because you can only afford to spend starters money on Starters.

I too agree if I dont like someones post just dont open them.

And clearly in your opinion, being a man has a lot to do with name-calling, insults, and belittling others. Is it just me, or is that more the definition of a bully... you know, the kind of person that has to degrade others to make themselves feel better because of some sort of inferiority complex.

What threat is Spain to you? Some of his posts are annoying... but I ignore the ones I don't like. Being a man has a lot more to do with picking battles, and having the maturity and wisdom to know that insulting people doesn't do any good. It takes strength to show restraint and not tear down someone that you don't like every time they talk.

It’s been said… and now we all know how you and GroII feel about Spain. So now let me say how I feel about you’re continued responses to him that I have ignored up until now… Grow up, or leave.

Wow you all are crazy. I was wondering what you guys thought about LJ. With Simmons having such a great year. LJ has played better than wattaboy and he might beat this first rounder out next year. As fot the trolls , they just seem to be like a case of herpes I take them with like luggage from board to board. Im actually growing quite fond of a couple of them. They have grown ever so slowly intelectually.

I think, Spain, that some of the irrirtation of foilks on this topic comes from the several previous threads where we have talked about Landon and Simmons, and whether Landon is heading for Simmons' spot, and soon. I happen to think he is, others think I am crazy.

Not sure how to dig up those particular threads, but you might find them interesting reading.

Edit:

Here is one such thread, from July...at least five on this board think Landon is heading for Simmons' spot, and soon;

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=5926&st=0

PS: Your insistance on dogging Pollack grows old and does not help you get your point across. Pollack and Johnson are designed for vastly different purposes in this D, and Johnson is NOT a replacement for Pollack.

As a borderline starting linebacker, he probably doesn't have a lot of trade value, or at least anything of value to us. He plays just as much as the starters, and he is probably more of an everydown player than DP. It seems to me that DP is still a situational pass rusher, but that will be a GREAT offseason battle if DP continues to develop the rest of his game. Landon will eventually take over for Simmons, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I think keeping Landon is a priority, and I would also like to keep Hannibal.

4. I've played the game.

5. It's AMERICAN football, not European football we are talking about.

4. HS or College?

5. So what? Does that mean only American's can watch it? Thats a pretty narrow-minded point of view.

As for trading Landon, ive said it a bunch of times, this is nothing like Madden. Theres no way a team would give us something that would be worth what hes worth to the team. Thats why he wont be traded. Eventually he will take over Simmons spot, maybe in 06, id say 07 would be the latest. Either way its good to rotate LBs. Him and Pollack are completely different players so whoever starts between those 2 doesnt really matter. Another thing, even though bengals.com's depth chart doesnt reflect it, Landon Johnson IS starting over Pollack right now. Pollack has 4 starts this year, while Landon is up over 10, including the past 2 games.

I wouldnt want to see a guy as vesatile as him go. I was thinking that Simmons had slipped a little but he has had one of his best years. So you really cant bury a guy like LJ for years. So when simmons contract comes due I think they will let him walk. As a guess for his trade he apears to be more valuable here than what teams would give up for him.

Landon is decent..not a liability and not upper tier but decent...

If the Bengals could get another stud at backer I wouldnt complain.

As for Spain..sometimes his posts are funny and sometimes I overlook his penchant for posting when he's stoned out of his mind..

Big Thing... take a chill pill dude... some typed words on your computer shouldnt get you in such a frenzy...let it go...youll be a bigger man for it.

Wow you all are crazy. I was wondering what you guys thought about LJ. With Simmons having such a great year. LJ has played better than wattaboy and he might beat this first rounder out next year. As fot the trolls , they just seem to be like a case of herpes I take them with like luggage from board to board. Im actually growing quite fond of a couple of them. They have grown ever so slowly intelectually.

Off-topic: Maybe if you contributed to other people's topics rather than starting new ones, you wouldn't run such a high risk of making ridiculous comments. If you truly were interested in what people thought about Landon or Simmons, you could have just said so. You didn't have to start up 'who can we trade' thread for the 15th time this season.

On-topic: Just because Simmons didn't lose a noticable step in his game this year, doesn't mean we shouldn't expect him to in the near future. Even if he were one of the best LB's in the game (which he isn't by a long shot), you wouldn't stop looking for younger talent that would eventually fill his shoes. Here's a rule of thumb from my book: an older player never makes a younger player expendible.

Also, consider that Landon is a known quantity. Assuming there was a market for him, and that we were willing to part with him, and that there was an 'equivilent' player DT or SS available, you would never know if that new player would pan out. Trading players isn't just about getting value, it's about your willingness to take that gamble. And we shouldn't be.

Just to say it one more time, Landon STILL hasn't played his natural position, WSLB, for the bengals. If he's as good as he is at MLB and SSLB, we may be able to expect even more at WSLB. Unless some unbelievable talent is laying there in round 2-4, I can't see us drafting for that position (unless with an eye on future/depth), and under no circumstances do we lose LJ.