Jax Versus Pitt Thread

cincyhokie

Can't quite remember how the seeds work out, but if it shapes out like this:

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

And if Pats win their wildcard game and we win ours, doesn't that put us at the Colts in the Divisional Playoffs? Something tells me I would rather play at Denver than at Indy right now

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

And if Pats win their wildcard game and we win ours, doesn't that put us at the Colts in the Divisional Playoffs? Something tells me I would rather play at Denver than at Indy right now

We eventually will have to play at Indy anyway. Might as well get them in the 2nd round while they may be rusty after sitting their players the last two weeks of the season. Actually, we should sit all of our guys next week that are banged up. Let Kitna start, etc.

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

I think Steelers will beat New England, and then they would play Indy. It, in my opinion, would be better to have the 4 seed. I would much rather play Jacksonville than Pitt. And if Pitt can beat Indy, which is possible after all Indy is going through, we would host the AFC Championchip game.

This is wishful thinking, but i like it.

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

I think Steelers will beat New England, and then they would play Indy. It, in my opinion, would be better to have the 4 seed. I would much rather play Jacksonville than Pitt. And if Pitt can beat Indy, which is possible after all Indy is going through, we would host the AFC Championchip game.

Pitt would only play Indy (if the Bengals are the 4 seed) if Indy beat the Bengals in the Divisional Championships. The Bengals would play Jacksonville while the Pats played the Steelers in the first round. Then the Bengals/Jags would play at Indy in the second round while the Pats/Steelers would play at Denver. I would rather have the Bengals play at Denver in the second round, because Indy is a better team than Denver, and the Broncos have shown weakness of late (as have the Bengals). I think the Bengals should play to win next week, just to get some momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs. A win against a good team at one of the toughest venues to play at in the NFL would be huge for this team.

I'm gonna give you all a saying that's probably been beat into the head of millions of football players before big games - If we play our game, we can beat anyone.

If the D shows up and causes a couple turnovers, and Carson is on, I don't care who we play.

i think the jags would be a real good first round match up. but i don't like the steeler and the fans coaches team players . i would love nothing more than to kick the s**t out of the steelers again. and send them home knowing the are not the better team . but i give the steelers some respect they are playing some good football right now . but like bone crusher said i aint never scared bring them on

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

Pitt would only play Indy (if the Bengals are the 4 seed) if Indy beat the Bengals in the Divisional Championships. The Bengals would play Jacksonville while the Pats played the Steelers in the first round. Then the Bengals/Jags would play at Indy in the second round while the Pats/Steelers would play at Denver. I would rather have the Bengals play at Denver in the second round, because Indy is a better team than Denver, and the Broncos have shown weakness of late (as have the Bengals). I think the Bengals should play to win next week, just to get some momentum and confidence heading into the playoffs. A win against a good team at one of the toughest venues to play at in the NFL would be huge for this team.

I hate to be blunt, BUT YOU ARE WRONG AND I AM RIGHT

Playoffs realign after each round so highest seed remaining plays lowest. So pitt would play indy.

Ok, losing to Buffalo sucked. But it may be a blessing in disguise. If we lose to KC on the road, then we are almost totally assured the 4 spot. If Pittsburgh wins (yeah I hate to say that too but come on, it is Detriot and at home) and Jax wins (over Tenn at home) and Pats win (over Miami at home) then we get Jacksonville at home for our home game. That would be instead of playing Pitt here. Now be honest, who would you rather play, a super hot Pittsburgh team, or a Jacksonville team missing its starting QB? That is an easy pick for me.

On top of that, when we beat Jax at home here, if everything plays out like it should, that would mean we would then play Indy in their 70 degree dome the next game. Otherwise we would play Denver up in their mountainous, cold, oxygen deficient Hell hole. Yeah thanks, I will take the Dome anytime over playing in Denver.

Now call me a pessimist, but I want us to lose in KC. It just seems to make sense to me.

I thought about that, but you cant go wrong playing to win the game. We can beat PIT. Also I would rather play DEN than IND. We can play anywnere, indoor, outdoor, heaven or even hell. I have confidence in this team...... doesnt matter who we play

ill end ur thinking. bengals win over chiefs next week, gauranteed. we go on to the playoffs with the 3 seed and play the steelers.

after that who knows...im thinking we'll win and then automatically get the broncos which is a good thing, we'll smash them niggaz.

J, I would appreciate it if you didn't use the N word in any form on this forum. Not to act superior, but it is a derogatory word that I for one do not appreciate in the least. On top of that, no way do we get the 3 seed. Look at the matchups for this weekend. Ain't going to happen. Honkey.

In a way I don't want to play Pitt because they're getting hot and are very tough to beat...but in a way I do want to play them so that if we win, we can finally put the steeler fans' mouths to rest...at least for this season.

ill end ur thinking. bengals win over chiefs next week, gauranteed. we go on to the playoffs with the 3 seed and play the steelers.

after that who knows...im thinking we'll win and then automatically get the broncos which is a good thing, we'll smash them.

First of all, I too would rather the word not be used.

Secondly, we do not automatically get Denver. I just posted this above, so I am not going to repost, but there is a bunch more thinking than you put into it.

In a way I don't want to play Pitt because they're getting hot and are very tough to beat...but in a way I do want to play them so that if we win, we can finally put the steeler fans' mouths to rest...at least for this season.

Even if we beat them I don't think they'll shut up. I dont thnik they're capable of shutting up.

Why would you wish for us to lose a game? NOTHING positive comes from losing. Yes I understand, we would avoid the Pitt rubber game, but the Jags are no slouches either. There's nothing I could think of more satisfing than putting those sh*theads (Steelers) out of the playoffs.

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

how is NEW ENGLAND above us???

The other thing, while good and bad, is if we lose and San Diego and Pittsburgh lose as well, Pittsburgh would be out and KC would be coming to town for the Wild Card... Either way, I do not care...

WHODEY !!!

The squeelers losing to the Lions??? Highly doubtful.

1- Colts

2- Broncos

3- Pats

4- Bengals

how is NEW ENGLAND above us???

That is assuming thje Pats winning out and the Chiefs beating us. Pats have the tiebreaker over us.

Id rather play Jax at home and then go to a dome anyway.....
I agree ...

The Jags are the best match-up for us in the first round and I would just as soon play Indy in their dome as to play the Broncos at milehigh, should we win and the Steelers lose.

Of course if we were to beat the Jags and the Steelers should happen to beat the Pats we would go to Denver for the second round.

But that would open up the possibility of having the Steelers at home for the AFCC Game.

I would Love that match-up ...