Chris Henry arrested

BoilersAndBengals

Am I the only one here that doesn't think its that big of a deal??? He got arrested for weed. He probably wont even get punished this season. Marijuana shouldn't even be illegal. Its the biggest waste of time and money to enforce this law and the NFL should follow suit with the NBA and just not test for it. By the way, I don't smoke weed.

What's your point? People can whine all they want about how stupid anti-pot regulations are (and they could be right), but it doesn't change the fact that the rules exist. Until that changes, you better not smoke it unless you're willing to face the consequences.

Amazingly stupid move.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have to add that I don't think that pot should be illegal. But seriously, as someone that's under the spotlight, Chris should have been much smarter than that. When you drive around with weed, you should be careful, let alone make sure you're not speeding, have good plates, and don't be stupid. Plus, we all know that Kentucky cops suck. Come on, Chris, that was just dumb.

I'm not going to repeat what's already been said, but I would also point out that since Henry came in with the 'character' question mark on his jacket, he should have held himself to a higher standard. At least for the first year. If you don't know you're under a microscrope, you're more than stupid. And you'll get what you deserve.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this. Watching Henry's on-field attitude the past few weeks (post-TD celebrations, sideline footage on NFL Network) I realized that despite good first impressions, this kid hasn't changed from when he was turning off scouts in WVa. I hope there's somebody in that locker room to knock some sense into him. TJ?

Suspend him, Marvin. Please.

P.S. Is the Darrell Russell story getting play in Ohio like it is here in So Cal? The timing is appropriate:

Former NFL Player Darrell Russell Killed in LA Car Crash.

What did he do for celebrations/ on footage that gave you bad vibe? I diden't notice anything that would make me think of character issues

Calling it now. He's gonna be cut. Though I would be sorry to see him go.

He can't be cut according to the agreement with the NFLPA for this. He will be given a chance to seek treatment in the offseason. Nothing will be done to him short of maybe a you don't start (gee go figure) this week. Nothing will be done until he is found GUILTY. He is accused, and innocent at this point. That's the law, and until we find out it wasn't oregano and allergies to his new car smell, we have to assume nothing will happen because there is no guilty verdict. s**t, if Huggins can get off for most of a season after being plastered, do you think Chris Henry is going to get any time?

After the playoffs, the case will go to court. Over the offseason, should he be found guilty, he will be subject to whatever decision the league makes, and it will take place next season. We are talking about a first time offender here too, not a Ricky Williams.

Unnecessarily problematic. Good news is that he will now get immediate diversion into the drug treatment program.

And, no, I don't think marijuana is bad per se, and would love to see it legalized. But anyone in the NFL who is hauling around two baggies of pot in his shoe is guilty of showing pretty pisspoor judgement, given how the NFL treats that substance. And Henry isn't exactly a clean-slate guy, given how he plummeted in the draft relative to his ability.

At the least, this gives ML a prime teaching moment with Henry and the rest of the team.

And, as to the suggestion that Henry would somehow be cut...please. Last I checked, Duane Clemons is sitll a member of this team, and contributes approximately one one millionith as much to this team's success as Chris Henry does.

I do have to add that I don't think that pot should be illegal. But seriously, as someone that's under the spotlight, Chris should have been much smarter than that. When you drive around with weed, you should be careful, let alone make sure you're not speeding, have good plates, and don't be stupid. Plus, we all know that Kentucky cops suck. Come on, Chris, that was just dumb.

Hey, he broke the law!! This is not about YOU and your feelings about Police Officer in Kentucky or any other place, keep your talk about COPS to yourself and just talk about Bengals on this board. :angry:

Since he didn't catch a pass last week and we won I am not too worried...

Just the stupidity of the whole deal...you think he was living over here in Amsterdam with me!

The Bengals shall move on and not miss a beat....The whole is greater than the sum of the parts....

BUT YOU KNOW he is dreading that meeting with Marvin.... :cry::cry::cry:

hey my name is john im from Sydney Australia.

just wondering if chris henry is a rookie?

Yeah he is a rookie from West Virginia. He had a checkered past which is why he probably would have been a low 1st round pick but drifted back so the Bengals could get him.

Two baggies in his shoes which means he is probably selling. No offense but if your selling weed when your making at 750,000 + a year then there is a problem with his head seriously. Plus it also shows what kind of crowd he hangs around and I doubt his entorage are making him a better football player. Give him a strike and a warning but for gods sakes last thing I want on the Bengals is a Randy Moss type personality. Hope this matter dies real quick.

Not much can be added to this thread. For the record, I was against drafting this kid since he repeatedly placed himself ahead of the team (even though I'm a WVU fan and grad). But I didn't expect drug charges IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. :angry:

It doesn't bother me that he had the grass. It bothers me that he was out on the town at 2 am, on a work night, bringing attention to himself, speeding around in a tagless vehicle just begging to be caught. BTW that isn't the best part of town. <_< Although I have been gone from the area for some time

Hopefully the knucklehead will NEVER be in this situation again. But for some reason I doubt this will be his last eff-up. :huh:

he should do what Ray lewis and others do... always drive around with a low profile friend and blame it on them... i blows my mind how stupid these kids can be...

The NFL Substance Abuse program consists of a series of Three tests (sequential), with the third and final one being reportedly publicly(ala Ricki Williams)... so there is a chance that he has already tested positive once or even twice this year with no one knowing, but thats all speculation....

either way its f-ing stupid..

No tags, expired license, speeding, weed...the kids needs to grow up. This is not the end of the world, but there is a reason he was available in the 3rd round. I still say it was a good pick, as long as he learns from this.

Who else do we know from the same draft that slid because of a checkered past? Am I the only one holding my breath that Odell will not blow up? I don't know why he was disciplined by ML, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt there. But, him yelling at veterans during the Reggie Myles thing still bugs me. I also understand that he has skipped many personal appearances. With many of these young guys, the more success they enjoy, the more they slip back to their old ways.

This kid needs to get a grip. No tags no license, speeding, dope and 2 am in the morning.................he is out of control. How many children does the guy have? Try taking care of them.

There is little doubt he has been doing this kind of thing all along. I don't want to see this kid get run out of Dodge, but how do you change this behavior? I just hope he can get some help. He won't be able to do it alone.

I would guess he has one more chance and he is gone, end of story.

This is why the character issue has become so important in recent years in the draft. Teams can't afford mistakes.

I don't like to judge people and I know Henry can learn from his mistakes, but ever since training camp I've noticed that this guy doesn't sound to bright, just when he talks. But I don't want to leap to conclusions. He could have been pre-med at WVU :rolleyes:

Hope this is a wake-up...