Training Camp Thread 2022

membengal

Just...fuck yes, Joe Burrow.  That's Volson and I think Ben Brown walking out right behind Burrow and the qbs. Looking ready to get to work. Gotta feel great for the rookie linemen to have that guy out there on their day 1...

Lots of quotes from the annual mock turtle luncheon ( I won't twitter paste it all) - highlights from my skim:

---open competition on punter that will run all through camp

---Back issue for Collins which is why he is NFI - if they had to guess Cappa cleared before Collins but sounds like they view them both as a management issue through camp so start of season doesn't sound at issue

---Burrow looks great but Callahan gonna focus with Burrow on when to extend plays and when to let a play go as a means of reducing hits etc

---LouA says whenver Bates gets here they will plug him right back in

---Open battle between Volson and Carman at LG w/ Carman starting w/ edge based on a year of being in the league

ZT called Collins' a "back tweak" away from camp - hence NFI.

Say Cappa had procedure for the core muscle issue and will be worked into the team over the next few weeks. 

Not the greatest O-line news.   They open with the Steelers and they had struggle with stunts and switches in the playoffs.    4 spots will change.

Was kinda hoping the starting 5 would hit the ground running.   

Then an open competition at LG wouldn't be bad but it is magnified considering the change of the line. 

Really don't like the fact the NFL schedule's division games first week.   Given the reduction of emphasis of starters playing the preseason that first week can be dicey.    Steeler snuck up on the Bills last year. 

Reports from national types (who were likely each texted by Bates' agent) that Bates won't be at camp Wednesday. I guess Bates will play his hand to the end of camp. Still can't believe he would walk away from 13 million for this season, but, who knows. Plenty of valuable reps for Hill on the way. 

Once RR went down last year that right side was like walking on the wild side.   I would love to see as many snaps/rep with the starting C, RG, and RT as possible.

A healthy long season has to be the priority, I guess.    So who is the first up at RT after Collins?  Is it still Prince? 

Only if he’s willing to piss $13 million away. Or large parts if it. He has to sign the tender by sept 11 to avoid missing payments. Everyone is assuming he will. 

40 minutes ago, membengal said:

Only if he’s willing to piss $13 million away. Or large parts if it. He has to sign the tender by sept 11 to avoid missing payments. Everyone is assuming he will. 

Yah, he’ll sign the week before the season starts.