The Greatest Game in Franchise History?

AMPHAR

Saw this on another board.   Interesting discussion and maybe offer a trip down memory lane.

But, IMO,  Yes yesterday was the greatest game/win in franchise history.   

In recent playoff games with Mahomes and Chiefs:

1. Texans had them down....Chiefs won.

2. Titans had them down...Chiefs won

3. Browns played them tough and even got a back up in the game...Chiefs won

4. Bills had a 3 point lead with 13 seconds left...Chiefs won

All at arrowhead.      Amazing effort by this team to slay the dragon in Arrowhead.

There’s really only two other games to compare and both of those were the AFC championship game, too.  I remember the Bills were talented in 88 and I think most were picking them.  Lot of parallels there to the KC team with Mahomes and the K-gun offense and their 4 super bowl run forthcoming.  Obviously the super bowls in 82 and 89 were great games but Montana got us in the end on those.  https://www.wlwt.com/amp/article/cincinnati-1989-1988-afc-championship-bengals-bills/38888568

• Like 1

I've seen or watched a lot of what I would consider great games dating back to the 70's.

However, when considering what was on the line, who and where they were playing, and the fact it went into overtime, it's hard to argue about this one.

Many more great games with this much on the line and my heart will probably fail.
I seriously thought I was going to vomit and pass out simultaneously when Bell picked off the pass in overtime.

I said in the gameday thread at half time that, due to the way the chiefs were moving the ball so easily and our own struggles moving it, if we found a way to win the game it would be the greatest comeback in our history.

I still stand by that :grin:

• 2 weeks later...