Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stripes

Week 2 2021: Bengals at Bears Game Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

Bailey and Evens were the LBs on that last play 

Ugh.  Not good.  Bell is their best LB at SS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they must trust the offensive line to run numerous empty sets. Those tend to encourage short/intermediate throws though.

Let Joe loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Fields plays the rest of the game I think that's probably a good thing. Dalton was on point. Still hard to say whether that'll even happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe is deciding where to throw before he takes the snap. That isn't necessarily wrong, but the timing is off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stripes said:

Joe is deciding where to throw before he takes the snap. That isn't necessarily wrong, but the timing is off.

They need to let burrow play. We didn’t draft him to run daltons pre snap o.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierCat said:

They need to let burrow play. We didn’t draft him to run daltons pre snap o.

Yea really at this point I can’t tell the difference between a Dalton run offense and a Burrow run offense, it’s sickening. Let the guy play

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep forgetting...despite awful play-calling today, the offense is going to start slow this season and struggle.  Defense is playing well.  Hard to be surprised by this.  They need a big play like they had with Chase last week at some point.  Not doing anything downfield so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of a wet fart of a half, but the game is winnable. Glad they deferred at the toss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear I think only 1 time has this team played a complete game when the offense and defense actually both played good under Zac Taylor that’s not very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

I keep forgetting...despite awful play-calling today, the offense is going to start slow this season and struggle.  Defense is playing well.  Hard to be surprised by this.  They need a big play like they had with Chase last week at some point.  Not doing anything downfield so far.

I guess there saying that both safeties of the Bears are playing deep, so maybe if they could actually run the ball it would bring them in and Joe could throw deep. Hopefully Taylor makes changes this half to his game plan because it sucks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×