Will There Be a 2020 NFL Season?

HoosierCat

KY derby to have limited fans in attendance.  Big step. 

A lot of sports media have overlooked what has and is happening at America’s race tracks.    The back side of those tracks are small communities.    Communities that travel with the race meet and ship in. 

When people opine about the NBA, MLB or NFL troubles from COVID it would be interesting to know if there were any major outbreaks among the backside of these tracks and how they were handled.  

Columbus schools just announced their preliminary re-opening plan.  High schoolers completely online learning.  Younger kids go to school 2 or 3 days, are assigned a cohort group and they only mix with kids from that cohort.  Like they attend everything in their cohort, eat lunch together in a classroom, etc.  Paremts of younger kids can opt them out of in person school and go completely online.

• Like 1

We are still waiting to hear from our school district here, but am expecting something similar with splitting between home and school.
While it doesn't impact me that much, my wife is sure to go crazy with that decision.

Completely unrelated to this thread or almost anything, I would love nothing more than to punch Chris Simms right in his face.

• Like 1

Also, Texas governor announced today, after like 8500 new cases showed up in one day, that there is a statewide wear a mask order for people out in public.  Luckily Texas has a docile and compliant population, so all should go very well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, COB said:

You mean Phil Simms’ kid?  Please explain.

Yeah he does bits on PFT now. I see a video that looks interesting and then it’s him, his shitty condescending attitude and moronic comments. Outside of that, it’s his face. Like the movie Step Brothers. “I don’t know what it is about your face”. I just want to punch him.

At the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer !!!

• Like 1

Just read that the NFL plans to play “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, which is considered the black national anthem, before every week one game.  

They plan to play it right before the Star Spangled Banner.  

I’m monitoring Washington DC to see if a mushroom cloud arises from the Pennsylvania Avenue area, will report back here.

• Like 1

I don't often go down the Twitter rabbit hole however, the information provided is interesting.

I think I clicked on a response and it took me into a conversation about all the "wrong" going on in this country.
It was depressing as I only read about 5-6 comments to see how completely uneducated some people are.
I don't mean, I have a degree educated, but rather common sense type issues that the average person should be aware of.

I don't want to get into any specifics, but I am saddened with people arguing about things they clearly have no knowledge about whatsoever.
THIS is exactly why I have no social media presence.  The closest I come to it is posting here.  
After reading those comments, i'm pretty sure my life is better for that decision.

• Like 1

Yeah, the amount of dumb on social media is depressing. I’m active on Twitter but I fiercely curate my feed. My mantra there is “block and move on.” I’m active on Facebook only in the sense that I have a page and check it a couple times a week to share lost pet alerts from the local shelter. And if I didn’t need it for work I wouldn’t be there at all.