Current 2019 Draft Position

cincyhokie

Right now the Bengals sit at #11 in the draft order.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

If they lose out and finish at 5-11 they should have the 7-9th overall pick.

First thing is first. This is a huge game this upcoming weekend against the Raiders. Not only will a loss almost guarantee a 5-11 season but would allow the Raiders to add another win dropping them on the draft order.

Get pumped!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kazkal said:

Okay with a loss to the Raiders but will still root to beat the steelers no matter how it effects draft position...

Nope, will be rooting for the Steelers and it doesn't even sicken me to say it.
Lose them all.

Again, I couldn't care less about a draft pick that won't make a difference anyway.
I just want to see them lose until it forces their hand.
If the hand makes the change to Hue Jackson, I will be officially done with the Bengals.

There's simply no point.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

If the hand makes the change to Hue Jackson, I will be officially done with 

We’re 0-4 since we hired Hue Jackson.

It took Hue Jackson 40 games as head coach in Cleveland to get 3 wins.  Since his departure it took them 4 games to get 3 wins.  

2 minutes ago, COB said:

We’re 0-4 since we hired Hue Jackson.

It took Hue Jackson 40 games as head coach in Cleveland to get 3 wins.  Since his departure it took them 4 games to get 3 wins.  

But don't let that distract you from how hard it is to run an NFL team.
Hue will be an amazingly easy (see lazy) and comfortable hire for the Quadrad of Mediocrity.
I fully expect it to happen, but only after Marvin comes back for the second year of his contract.

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Bengals will probably win out, lol.

Get pumped!  

Bengals dead cat bounce in full effect, Marvin comes back, Mike has a whole-body blood transfusion from an Amazonian tribe untouched by modern society.  Marvin wins 2 games next year, Mike due to Amazonian virgin blood looks like he’s 40 years old and benches 300 at a team workout.  Get fucking pumped!

• Haha 1

Marvin could leave the sideline of the last game early, which resulted in their 8th straight loss, bang Katie, then shit on Mike's desk, and he's still coming back.
They just won't get rid of him.  Dealing with a losing, rapist, desk defecators is easier than firing employees these days apparently.

Marvin's old enough that "Getting Pumped" might be part of the above scenario.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Marvin could leave the sideline of the last game early, which resulted in their 8th straight loss, bang Katie, then shit on Mike's desk, and he's still coming back.
They just won't get rid of him.  Dealing with a losing, rapist, desk defecators is easier than firing employees these days apparently.

Marvin's old enough that "Getting Pumped" might be part of the above scenario.

MB made a decision years ago that he'd never "fire" Marvin I'm guessing.   The two-part "10 year turnaround" from 2004-2014 earned Marv a place at the Brown family table.  It's also the path of least resistance, which MB also likes...a lot.  

Here’s my thing with Marvin. Had he timed it right, he could have walked away from the Bengals after the 2nd or 3rd playoff loss and been loved forever.

He would have been the guy who turned the Bengals around and got them into the playoffs again. However, that ship has now sailed. He’s worn out his welcome, is basically a punchline when coaches are discussed, is known for not being able to win the big games, and is generally disliked by fans who would love to see him fired.

I won’t let what he did in making the Bengals relevant again cloud my disdain for him. He must have forgotten that you should leave something better than you found it. They are right back where they started from. In the basement.

Go away Marvin...

For me the story is the same:  when Marvin entered that was an admission by Brown family they had no clue and when he got to work they really found out they had no clue.

Marvin had shaped every football thing they do from A to Z and quietly and begrudgingly Mike gave up his influence on the football roster not the $$$$$. 

Marvin squandered his talent he acquired. He’s not a big game coach.  But for the Brown family it’s been a year by year decision to what has been the easier path.

Its easy to keep Marvin and the belief he’ll reach the promise land vs risking a new hire that will want to do things his way and maybe that fails.  Maybe it costs more money?  Maybe they got to rehire someone after year 3?  Who knows? 

Easy and lazy thing is to keep Marvin. 

By the way IF they keep Marvin for the next 5 years they’ll win the AFC North at least once.

But they’ll never be higher than a 3 seed and no way in hell they win 3 games in a row to reach the Super Bowl.

Marvin will always piss away key AFC games against top teams regular season and that gets worse in the playoffs.

However the guy will eventually surround himself with enough talent and coaching to win a division.  

This is proven and that’s why the Bengals keep him.   Why do the hard thing and take the risk?  We don’t need a full stadium to make gobs and gobs of money and Marvin will keep us out of disaster etc. That’s their thinking. 

Imagine for one moment finding an innovative coach that has even a reasonable idea of how the game has been and will continue changing in the coming years.
He surrounds himself with reasonably like minded individuals for his coaching staff and they set out being able to build upon the quality they have while cutting loose the dangling turds that haven't lived up to draft expectations.
There is no position in the draft that is deemed unreasonable for early round selection (minus the obvious) and free agency is used as something more than a punch line for a joke about the team.
The players that have lived up to their draft expectations are the priority in keeping around longer than their rookie contract as well.

While you took the time to imagine that, did you think of the Bengals ??
My guess is no.  No you didn't. 

Do you think that the Bengals will EVER resemble that ??
That is up for discussion, but my answer is still a resounding NO !!!
There's really no reason to continue down this path.
We already know how the story is going to end.

They are shortsighted in not realizing how much MORE money they could make if this team could win in the post season just every here and there.
Win a Super Bowl and Bengals fans will buy everything in sight associated with that team, players, and everything else.
They settle and those results are also proven.  Big Zero....