Always important to remember this time of year...

ShulaSteakhouse

"The Bengals practiced outdoors on a rainy, 45-degree afternoon - they're the only northern NFL team without a covered practice field." - AP

It was 31 degrees today in Cincy.

I'm still waiting for the "advantage" of practicing in bad weather constantly to pay-off for this franchise.  

If you were an NFL player, why would you want to play here? How much are you really getting done outdoors on a cold, wet field and day? You're limited and get hurt more easily. 

Other franchises pick you up at the airport in a non-Lumina vehicle, fill your trunk with Gatorade, let you catch passes out of the backfield from Tom Brady, give you giant towels for the shower, and just generally don't make you play for Marvin.  Of course there's also the dome thing.

• 3 weeks later...

How many guys on this team are hurt right now? It's supposed to be 21-32 degrees this week in Cincy (and windy = cold as hell).

They're playing in a dome this weekend.  Guess who will be the more-prepared team? 

I'm sure all of that "toughing it out in the outdoors" will make them "more resilient." (I see constantly injured players and no playoff wins) 

Just another factor in a losing organization.

Just watch this as well - the County is going to break a part of the lease deal next year that requires them to pay a few million to the Bengals' every year (in increasing amounts) until 2026.  

That breach could leave the Bengals' off the hook to relocate.

A city with a sweetheart deal that includes an indoor facility might just get them out of here, and I would not miss them at this point.

I would NOT lose a second of sleep if the Bengals would threaten to leave town.
Good riddance you sorry asses.  I would come help pack their crap into the moving trucks.

Nothing changes with this organization and I have no faith that they ever will.
I will hold off to see what happens with Marvin, his hopeful replacement, and the other coaches.
However, I fully expect my time as a Bengals fan to end come this spring.

I don't even miss watching the NFL games anymore. 
The college game is where I devote my football time.

Would they relocate?  I believe they would.  Just my opinion, but I don't think Mike has any overriding sense of loyalty to the Cincinnati area.  If the County breaches the lease and opens the door for Mike to move the Bengals, he'd do it under one condition - the $ figures would have to line up.  

The days of government opening up the vault to lure pro sports franchises are coming to an end.  And I think the NFL's social issues lately will also have a dampening effect on the willingness of a City or County to use public money to subsidize a sports franchise.  But I don't think it's over yet.  There are still a few looking to get fleeced.  

In steps crusty old Mike "Mr. Burns" Brown.  He can read the landscape.  I think he'd entertain every option, do some cipherin' on the old figgerin' machine, and if the option is financially attractive, they're gone.

Personally, I'd still follow them.  I only go to a game in person once in a great while, so I could follow them as I do now no matter where they go.  I actually love watching and following the Bengals, I can't explain why.  If someone from the Bengals' organization hasn't talked to some behind the scenes types in St. Louis and San Diego, I'd be shocked.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 5:27 AM, COB said:

Would they relocate?  I believe they would.  Just my opinion, but I don't think Mike has any overriding sense of loyalty to the Cincinnati area.  If the County breaches the lease and opens the door for Mike to move the Bengals, he'd do it under one condition - the $ figures would have to line up.  

The days of government opening up the vault to lure pro sports franchises are coming to an end.  And I think the NFL's social issues lately will also have a dampening effect on the willingness of a City or County to use public money to subsidize a sports franchise.  But I don't think it's over yet.  There are still a few looking to get fleeced.  

In steps crusty old Mike "Mr. Burns" Brown.  He can read the landscape.  I think he'd entertain every option, do some cipherin' on the old figgerin' machine, and if the option is financially attractive, they're gone.

Personally, I'd still follow them.  I only go to a game in person once in a great while, so I could follow them as I do now no matter where they go.  I actually love watching and following the Bengals, I can't explain why.  If someone from the Bengals' organization hasn't talked to some behind the scenes types in St. Louis and San Diego, I'd be shocked.  

I totally agree on the point that the team may leave town.  I mean if the Raiders and Chargers did, why not the Brown family?  I don’t think Cincy will get a chance at another NFL team, though.  I’m not sure what I would do if they became the San Diego Bengals... I guess if there is no one else to root for.... or I could join the Factory of Sadness officially and submit myself to self-inflicted pain and shame.