Dolphins @ Bengals Game Thread

You guys are probably wondering why I'm starting this thread when this game is a little under a month away. The reason is I'm traveling back to the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area from Arizona and will be at this game with my brother Jim and my nephews! This may be hard for some to believe, but this will be my first live Bengals game. I've seen other NFL games in other stadiums, (Cardinals, Chargers, Redskins, Broncos) but never my beloved Bengals.

This game happens to fall before the weekend of my 40th Lloyd High School Class of '76 reunion, so I'm combining these two events to make for a heck of a mini vacation. Might any of you other guys here be at this game? I'll be in section 158, row 11. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

My boy and I are going to be at this game as well Billy.
I don't have tickets yet, but trust that we will be there !!!

Awesome that you will be seeing your first Bengals game !!!

I'll be looking for you guys. Let me know where you're at when you get your tickets!

• Like 1

Just saw a blurb on ESPN Bengals page that they will be showing their "color rush" jerseys for the game against the Dolphins this coming Tuesday.
With that, I would assume we would be looking at an all orange uniform ??  Hasn't that been the idea behind this thing ??
Some of these color rush alternates have been painful on the eyes. 

I think all color rush uniform combos have been very painful to the eyes.     My favorite from last year was the Rams wearing Mustard Yellow and some team wearing Ketchup red.

Talk about your oldest rivalry.   Ketchup and Mustard have been battling for top condiment rights for centuries.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Titans / Jaguars game was terrible.
Yeah, the Rams and Buccaneers game was the red and yellow atrocity.

If they go with the Bengals orange and Dolphins light blue, I might have to skip going to the game.

This would be a great time to trot out all black unis with the inverse helmet !!!

I don't really care what uni's they're wearing as long as I get to see the game live and in person.

7 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Their facemask went from green to white. So much for change huh?

They had to forego the color rush unis, because of the color blind issue that happened last season with the all green against the all red unis.

On a side note Tate looks good in red.  LOL

2 hours ago, glasgowbengal said:

My mate in Westchester gets the tickets,  usually the dow ntown end zone 

Not quite as specific as I had hoped. Was looking for a section/seat number so I could wander by for a pre-game Who Dey and handshake.

So in the first half of the Broncos game, they actually ran the ball well and pretty consistent, however the second half they ran it 8 times. I'm still kind of confused on what this team is and what they are trying to be. 

Ill be interested in seeing which way the offense goes in this game, so only time will tell.

The defense has been so bad, how they let a young QB throw for 4 TDs against them is beyond me. hopefully they don't let Ryan throw all over them.

If they want to right the ship it starts this game, they have a bunch of winnable games, but it has to start now! 

• Like 1

I'll agree with the thought of this game making a big difference for the team overall.
I can't complain with 1-2, because that's what I thought would happen anyway, but I will echo what someone else said in the "way" they got there.

I still think many teams are going to struggle when facing the 3 defenses we did to open the season.
However, that thought process takes a turn come Thursday.  If they fall to the Dolphins, I will be VERY concerned about the season.

Even without Eifert and Burfict, they should beat the Dolphins Thursday night.

I still need to pick up some tickets.  I've been busy as hell lately !!!