Roster situation

kingwilly

If they decide they need another LB before week 4 (when Burfict returns), I am guessing they will re-sign DiManche, who was picked up by Detroit right after the cutdown to 75, but was released by them in the cutdown to 53

After that, they have to cut a guy, and I am guessing it'll be the lowest ranked LB.and then that guy will probably be either on the PS or on "couch reserve" ala Chris Crocker

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

If they decide they need another LB, I am guessing they will re-sign DiManche, who was picked up by Detroit right after the cutdown to 75, but was released by them in the cutdown to 53

Sounds like a plan.

@Gap I don't think so. Dimanche is in his 3rd year so I'm pretty sure he's burned up all his PS ability. They futzed with the rules last year tho so I'm not positive.

3 hours ago, GapControl said:

Seems like a waste if Dawson doesn't come back

Yep, it'd be a huge waste but not an unexpected one. Marvin, the LB whisperer, is well known to take on project LBs even when numerous warning signs are present (points to Odell, Ahmad, AJ, Vonatze) and maybe 1 in 5 work out. So, toss out a r3 pick and roll the dice, maybe the Whisperer can strike Lewis or Burfict gold!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Yep, it'd be a huge waste but not an unexpected one. Marvin, the LB whisperer, is well known to take on project LBs even when numerous warning signs are present (points to Odell, Ahmad, AJ, Vonatze) and maybe 1 in 5 work out. So, toss out a r3 pick and roll the dice, maybe the Whisperer can strike Lewis or Burfict gold!

True.  I was hoping they held onto brooks longer.  Who is AJ? 

AJ Nicholson, I presume. He had two or three arrests in college including one for allegedly stealing a stereo from a roommate or something like that. If memory serves he was the player that GOD-el tried to pre-suspend for a game before he'd even signed his rookie deal. Again if memory serves he got cut after being accused of punching his girlfriend.

Here's another one for willy's file: Bengals worked out CB Robertson Daniels today. UDFA last year whos pent some time with Green Bay. Looking at his draft profile I find this from Dane Brugler:

"A no-star defensive back recruit out of high school, Robertson "Rob" Daniel quit football during his senior year at Branham because of constant run-ins with the coaches. He enrolled at De Anza Junior College and spent three seasons there, developing into a FBS-level recruit."

Yup, another possbile Marvin rehab special...

13 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Here's another one for willy's file: Bengals worked out CB Robertson Daniels today. UDFA last year whos pent some time with Green Bay. Looking at his draft profile I find this from Dane Brugler:

"A no-star defensive back recruit out of high school, Robertson "Rob" Daniel quit football during his senior year at Branham because of constant run-ins with the coaches. He enrolled at De Anza Junior College and spent three seasons there, developing into a FBS-level recruit."

Yup, another possbile Marvin rehab special...

Have to be highly athletic to still get NFL teams looking at you with that football experience track record.

Oh, I have no doubt of that. But team history (and sports history overall) is full of examples of guys who had loads of talent and athleticism, but who ended up washing out because they couldn't get the space between their ears right. I've long since reached the point where I will take an average lunchpail guy over a high-talent but high-maintenance headcase. Now, if they do ever sign Daniel I hope he succeeds, but I wouldn't count on it.

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Did you really just say "David Dean" ??
Were you also choking back that vomit that popped in your mouth ??
Because if we have to resort to David Dean, we are all sorts of screwed.

David freakin' Dean.
Good God......

What?? You aren't impressed by David Dean?  He's a homeless man's Andrew Billings :)

Worth nothing for future reference that Pitt gave DeCastro a 5-year, $50 million extension yesterday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000696930/article/david-decastro-steelers-agree-on-new-sixyear-deal

Anyone think Katie will pony up $10 million/year for Zeitler?