2016 Cincinnati Reds thread.

May as well start a thread for the regular season, and it's probably gonna be a long and ugly one. Before one game is in the books, five pitchers are on the DL. They are only projecting the Reds to win 67 games as well.

Well, the tribe looked exactly like they did last year.  They threw Kluber out there, then could barely score to even support him.

I'll tell you what, Mike Napoli looks like we just tossed washed-up stiff Nick Swisher out the door and went out and found his twin brother to replace him.  He just looks hapless and old.  I'm fucking pissed.  We throw our Cy Young winner out there and can only manage 5 hits in support.

If any of you Reds fans are interested, Francisco Lindor, the shortstop the tribe got from Puerto Rico, is a stud.  They brought him up from triple A last year and he immediately became, and remains, the best player the Indians have.

14 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

They looked goodcompetitionng today.  Im starting to believe.  Now comes the fall.

These wins were against the Phillies. Hardly top notch competition. Still, first place does feel good.

The Reds jump out to a hot 5-1 start, and the Tribe sits at a desultory 2 and 2.  The weather in the mistake is so bad they can barely play games.  On the plus side, I managed to watch a few innings of Sox ace Chris Sale as he beat the Indians.  Dude can frickin' whip it in there.  He's a freak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lindor cranks one out last night to win in extra innings.  Tonight the Reds have the chance to avoid the sweep, a goal they will likely accomplish.  The tribe can't stand prosperity.  I'm actually amazed they won the first 3, they were more likely to lose 3 in a row than win 3 in a row.  In spite of great starting pitching, and a couple nearly great bats, it is just not their year.  Again.  

47 minutes ago, COB said:

Lindor cranks one out last night to win in extra innings.  Tonight the Reds have the chance to avoid the sweep, a goal they will likely accomplish.  The tribe can't stand prosperity.  I'm actually amazed they won the first 3, they were more likely to lose 3 in a row than win 3 in a row.  In spite of great starting pitching, and a couple nearly great bats, it is just not their year.  Again.  

The Reds and Indians seem equally poor this year.