But Seriously Folks (Not Quoting Joe Walsh album)

gregcook68

Check this out!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000620215/Deion-and-LT-debate-Burfict-hit-on-Brown

It makes no difference now, but they are talking about suspension for Burfict??  Never mind what Sanders is saying, but look at the clips provided here.  To me it looked much worse live and a whole lot less on these clips!

6 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

We don't know what Burfict was thinking! Like Lap said last night there was no need for Burfict to put his head down and go after Brown considering the pass was not even close.

If Burfict was out for revenge then shame on him for becoming someone this team does not need!

????  It has nothing to do with what he's thinking. Okay, listen to what Sanders is saying, and look at the actual hit. It wasn't helmet to helmet, it was his shoulder and he tucked away. Just saying, don't think it was as bad as perceived.

Definitely not worth a suspension.

Oh I didn't watch the video. I'm saying there was no reason for Burfict to even do that considering the ball was not even close for to catch it.

I don't feel like a suspension is worthy, considering Ryan Shazier hit on Bernard was worse, he lowered his head and meant to hit Gio like that!

Either way it was not a smart play for Burfict. 

1 minute ago, cincy9275 said:

This game will stick with me for a while. Just extremely pissed. They had it and blew it. Burfict is just a idiot. The whole porter jones deal pisses me off more than anything.  Just thinking maybe I should just give up on the NFL. Just a complete joke! 

Yea I agree the NFL is a complete joke, and pisses me off. How some things are ok to do on some teams, but on other teams it's a penalty is just beyond me.

Burfict is an idiot! He makes an awesome play with the int, then he runs through the tunnel with a bunch of bengals behind him like a moron. Why couldnt he just go back to the sideline and celebrate with his teammates! 

This was never just a game for these two teams, it was all about revenge, and it showed.

One more thing why does Adam Jones always complain to a ref after every play? It makes no sense to me.

I know everyone is focused on Jones and Burfict, but I have to ask, did anyone notice that the O was AWOL most of the night? The first three quarters were punt, punt, punt, punt, int, punt, fumble, punt, fumble. Both fumbles came with the team in FG range. 3 on either of those instead and we are playing next weekend.

Jones and Burfict deserve all the criticism they are getting, but they are far from the only reason the Bengals lost.

Burfict needs suspended period.  It may have not been as bad as you think from re-watching but it was one of those, "let me hurt him on purpose and then make a half attempt to pull back to make it look like it was not intentional".  We all know that it was intentional.  He is a D-bag with a lot of talent.  

My case in point, go back and watch where Pittsburgh got a personal foul penalty against Burfict.  I believe it as an offensive lineman who stepped on Burficts foot.  BUT if you rewind and watch, Burfict turned his body around and backed in to him first and actually stepped(attempted) on the Steeler's guy foot and then the Steelers guy retaliated.  That should have been on Burfict.  I know the retaliation always gets penalized but Burfict was in the wrong as he usually is.  This guy is a clown with a lot of talent but needs some counseling or let his ass go.  Draft another linebacker.  They will be fine without him.  Hell, he is injured half the time anyways.  At this point, he is more of a liability than anything.

With all things said and done, Both teams are dirty and have issues and the officiating was not as good as Mr. Mike Pereira claims it was.  He is just sticking up for his refs. which is understandable but I would not say that game was well officiated by any means.  I would give them a failing grade.  Too many missed calls and not consistent both ways.  The Steelers won and that is the way it goes.  

11 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I know everyone is focused on Jones and Burfict, but I have to ask, did anyone notice that the O was AWOL most of the night? The first three quarters were punt, punt, punt, punt, int, punt, fumble, punt, fumble. Both fumbles came with the team in FG range. 3 on either of those instead and we are playing next weekend.

Jones and Burfict deserve all the criticism they are getting, but they are far from the only reason the Bengals lost.

I understand Hoosier, your the offense was horrible most of the night. Hill once again fumbles and at the worst time.

However when they had a chance to at least stop them, they couldn't because Burfict and Jones lost there cool. The reason they go back to those guys, is because all night they acted like idiots, and embarrassed the team. They never had a chance at the end because they had to get that last revenge I guess.

I do agree though the offense was rough to watch most of the night.

24 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:
3 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

I didn't watch much football during the 90s and I really didn't start following the Bengals, closely again, until Palmer came along.

I certainly know very little and watched even less of the Ravens play, but wasn't Ray Lewis cut from the same mold as Burfict?

Same type of aggressive play and penalties?

He probably is Greg, he just needs to be smarter about when to calm down. I think they said last night during the broadcast, they couldn't settle Burfict down, to me that's not a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Burfict's problem is that he's only a violent knucklehead on the field. If he'd, say, stab some dude to death outside a strip club or rape a girl in a bar bathroom or beat a toddler with a stick until he bruises and bleeds, he'd be a media darling.

Lol so true. From what I read he is good off the field.

You can't simply watch the replay and draw a conclusion.

You have to take the play in perspective of what was happening on the field and through the whole game.
Through the whole game Burfict was being an ass.  Exactly the thing I was most worried about.  In this moment I simply don't see what Sanders is saying.  If he was trying to avoid, Burfict would have kept going through the avoidance motion after the contact.  That didn't happen.  He went down and lowered his shoulder into his head pretty clearly.  This was not the only time Burfict acted this way through the game.  I almost turned the game off in the 3rd quarter because of the lack of professionalism this team displayed.  Burfict deserves to be suspended and I'm actually hoping for it.

On a side note, the offense needs to take blame for what happened the first three quarters I agree.  Hill needs to (and has) taken responsibility for his fumble.  All that being said, how Burfict and then Pacman acted to end the game was absolutely inexcusable. Be a fucking pro.

The only thing worse than those two were the shitbag fans throwing things on the field and at Ben as he was carted off the field.
This team and some of those fans are a fucking disgrace.

All the crap being shoveled on this team is well deserved.
Shitbag organization and Marvin absolutely should be fired for his lack of control.

This wasn't the first game this year where this happened either.
The Steelers do the same thing, but the Bengals need to focus on themselves.
NO REASON for what happened last night.  None.

• Like 1

Well said Army! Last night Lap pretty much said the same thing. There was no need for Burfict to launch at the receiver considering the ball was no where near the receiver. 

If Joey Porter coming out on the field was the test they failed miserably.

To end the season with 2 of the stupidest penalties, is a real shame. Oh what could of been, is all were left saying after last night.

19 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

You can't simply watch the replay and draw a conclusion.

You have to take the play in perspective of what was happening on the field and through the whole game.
Through the whole game Burfict was being an ass.  Exactly the thing I was most worried about.  In this moment I simply don't see what Sanders is saying.  If he was trying to avoid, Burfict would have kept going through the avoidance motion after the contact.  That didn't happen.  He went down and lowered his shoulder into his head pretty clearly.  This was not the only time Burfict acted this way through the game.  I almost turned the game off in the 3rd quarter because of the lack of professionalism this team displayed.  Burfict deserves to be suspended and I'm actually hoping for it.

On a side note, the offense needs to take blame for what happened the first three quarters I agree.  Hill needs to (and has) taken responsibility for his fumble.  All that being said, how Burfict and then Pacman acted to end the game was absolutely inexcusable. Be a fucking pro.

The only thing worse than those two were the shitbag fans throwing things on the field and at Ben as he was carted off the field.
This team and some of those fans are a fucking disgrace.

All the crap being shoveled on this team is well deserved.
Shitbag organization and Marvin absolutely should be fired for his lack of control.

This wasn't the first game this year where this happened either.
The Steelers do the same thing, but the Bengals need to focus on themselves.
NO REASON for what happened last night.  None.

Agree with most of this, problem is, we have to deal with the hand MB deals us, or switch allegiance, because Marvin isn't going anywhere and the lack of discipline will piggyback with him!

15 hours ago, gregcook68 said:

This is disturbing and is the kind of thing that clearly needs to be dealt

sorry, that's not a cheap shot, that is pee-wee level LB instruction. if a TE comes across your zone, within 5 yards of the line, you flatten him. Is it brutal? yes. Football is brutal. a TE going untouched across the middle, who then catches a TD, we'd all be saying Burfuct sucks. I won't pile on Burfict and go looking under every stone for all the times his play gets close to the line of dirty. it goes over from time to time, i readily admit but this is not a dirty play. it's a rookie TE getting flattened trying to get through Burfict's zone and not realizing he's not playing Wisconsin.

i teach the same thing. no one leaves your zone standing up. now, did he go head to head, that can be debated/penalized. was it flagged at the time, not that i recall. its a clean play, unless it was hat on hat.

• Like 1

burfict saw the ball went by, and "could" have turned more away from AB to minimized the shot about to be delivered. had he rotated his body, probably no penalty. If Burfict had REALLY wanted to damage Brown, he could have went full head to head and severely injured AB. That he didn't might surprise some, but I doubt it was an intentional dirty play. he should have rolled his back to AB to avoid the penalty. issue avoided.

the far more egregious shot was the face to face shot from Shazier to gio. should have been tossed on that shot alone. that was textbook head to head shot. I hope Gio is OK. Shaazier can argue all he wants about Gio lowering his won head, gio being short, blah blah blah. Any player of mine who'd done that, they'd sit that game and spend hours working on technique during the week. no valid reason to lead with your helmet crown

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

sorry, that's not a cheap shot, that is pee-wee level LB instruction. if a TE comes across your zone, within 5 yards of the line, you flatten him. Is it brutal? yes. Football is brutal. a TE going untouched across the middle, who then catches a TD, we'd all be saying Burfuct sucks. I won't pile on Burfict and go looking under every stone for all the times his play gets close to the line of dirty. it goes over from time to time, i readily admit but this is not a dirty play. it's a rookie TE getting flattened trying to get through Burfict's zone and not realizing he's not playing Wisconsin.

i teach the same thing. no one leaves your zone standing up. now, did he go head to head, that can be debated/penalized. was it flagged at the time, not that i recall. its a clean play, unless it was hat on hat.

You're saying this play, away from the ball, with the offensive player is not only legal, but taught??

I've seen plenty of unnecessary roughness penalties called for that head shot or not!