the biggest decision in marvins tenure

UK Bengal

Ok lets say we beat the ravens and the ponies handle the bolts and were a lock for the 3 seed. jets win and pitt wins/loses don't really care which 

Wildcard game AJ McCarron starts as Dalton aint ready and we win 34-17.

We then go to mile high for the divisional round - Dalton practices and his thumb is fine

Who does Marvin start against Denver I would like to hear your thoughts

Just based of the fact AJ is hot I would start him rather than go with the rusty Dalton. 

Did you watch the game against Denver?  There is no question Dalton is the starter, it all comes down to quick decision making.  The ball comes out of Dalton's hand quicker because he makes quicker reads and knows both the offense and defense better.  Dalton is our starter and IMHO we would have beat both the Steelers and the Broncos with him in the game.

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Did you watch the game against Denver?  There is no question Dalton is the starter, it all comes down to quick decision making.  The ball comes out of Dalton's hand quicker because he makes quicker reads and knows both the offense and defense better.  Dalton is our starter and IMHO we would have beat both the Steelers and the Broncos with him in the game.

Totally agree!  Slam dunk decision!

I would give it to Dalton, knowing that a loss would only bring out the doubters that much more.

Seriously, that loss would be more than I could handle from the fans.

This team can beat the Broncos, but AJ didn't really have an answer in the second half.
Maybe that was the coaches, as I mentioned, but most don't think so.

Dalton is the starter, and I would say he gives us the best chance to win, which should be the only factor that matters in the decision. 

BUT, benching a guy who just beat the Steelers by over 2TD's would be a very tough decision.  That said, I don't think AJ is ready to go out and do that in a playoff game against a team like Pittsburgh.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLBengal said:

Dalton is the starter, and I would say he gives us the best chance to win, which should be the only factor that matters in the decision. 

BUT, benching a guy who just beat the Steelers by over 2TD's would be a very tough decision.  That said, I don't think AJ is ready to go out and do that in a playoff game against a team like Pittsburgh.  

Yeah, I would file that scenario under "highly unlikely" as well. If they do trounce the Steelers by that much, I would expect it was because the D got into the act, either scoring on its own or setting the offense up with lots of short fields.

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, the Bengals have only beaten the Steelers by more than 2TD's five times in the history of the rivalry, and not since 1990.  Since 2000, the Bengals have beaten the Steelers a total of 8 times by an average margin of 5.5 points.  That margin was actually a little higher than I expected.  

On 04/01/2016, 15:08:48, ATLBengal said:

Yeah, the Bengals have only beaten the Steelers by more than 2TD's five times in the history of the rivalry, and not since 1990.  

Wow, we're due a big win against them then ..25/26yrs since a +2 TD margin - just goes to show how tight the games are between these teams

• Like 2