Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was going to be more angry, but i'm not.

I went to bed when the score hit 14-3. You could see how the story was going to end by watching the players and coaches reactions.

I got a great night sleep and checked it out this morning to see what I knew was going to happen when I went to bed.

Remember what I said about a loss in this game being more than a simple loss ??

They had everything going for them heading into this game.

Home winning streak. (Gone)

First place on the line. (Gone)

Primetime monkey. (Fixed firmly to back)

Play hard for Leah. (Nope)

Motivation. (What's that?)

And yet, i'm still not angry. I am however ready to trade Gresham for baggie of laundry lint.

I am beyond ready for Marvin Lewis to be fired and will stay that course from here on out. No more wavering. He must go.

Dalton needs more therapy, more coaching, more everything. His issues are larger than I was willing to admit I guess.

There's simply no way to explain, dismiss, or justify what we all saw happen last night against the Browns.

I don't want to hear about injuries or any of that kind of nonsense. 24-3.

This team has no heart and if they think they have leaders on that team, I heavily question their style of leadership.

No heart. It's that simple. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

I'm really done with this season and that's not an overreaction. Like I said, i'm not mad.

I'm still going to Houston in a couple of weeks with my son for the Texans game. I have tickets for the Monday night game against the Broncos too.

I just no longer have to be all stressed out about hoping they keep finding a way to win.

I think they will continue to lose and if they surprise me, that will be good. I just don't count on it happening.

I'm free from having to worry about what happens from here on out.

This is not a playoff team. Not close.

I'm going to have a great Friday at work and enjoy my weekend.

Here's hoping you all can find a way to do the same !!!

Yes this team had more problems then what I thought.

Browns said they knew what was coming, so I guess Hues offense is very predictable, and is that because they have no trust in Dalton? Because Dalton is limited in what he can do? The browns were sitting there waiting for the short throws, waiting for the run, and the screens. Dalton once again proved he can't throw it deep, all his passes are so high, and the bright lights are to much.

Yes this team had more problems then what I thought.

Browns said they knew what was coming, so I guess Hues offense is very predictable, and is that because they have no trust in Dalton? Because Dalton is limited in what he can do? The browns were sitting there waiting for the short throws, waiting for the run, and the screens. Dalton once again proved he can't throw it deep, all his passes are so high, and the bright lights are to much.

The offense is very limited with Dalton as QB. If any variable such as key injuries, or weather, enters the picture Dalton is even more limited.

Does anyone trust him in a cold weather BIG game? I don't.

It is what it is. We need to stop whipping him for being what he always was and be realistic about what it means.

We need to stop whipping him for being what he always was and be realistic about what it means.

That we can release him after next season without the team taking a hit ??

Hahaha! You nailed it!

I'm like you. I actually feel pretty good this morning.

If the Bengals don't make the playoffs, big deal. Is anyone getting by NE and Denver in the AFC anyway?

Seriously, go take a look at the comments in the most current article on the official site.

A bunch of quotes from players that can't seem to explain what the hell just happened.

It's like they are just clueless to what actually transpired last night outside of getting embarrassed (again) in a primetime game.

They now have 5 of their last 7 games on the road with the likes of the Saints, Broncos, Steelers x2, and at the Browns for round two.

Not trying to be harsh or overreacting to last night, but if they go better than 2-5 over that span, I will be surprised.

This isn't a good team.

Seriously, go take a look at the comments in the most current article on the official site.

A bunch of quotes from players that can't seem to explain what the hell just happened.

It's like they are just clueless to what actually transpired last night outside of getting embarrassed (again) in a primetime game.

They now have 5 of their last 7 games on the road with the likes of the Saints, Broncos, Steelers x2, and at the Browns for round two.

Not trying to be harsh or overreacting to last night, but if they go better than 2-5 over that span, I will be surprised.

This isn't a good team.

No kidding, if the Bengals don't beat Houston and TB, they are in serious danger of being sub .500.

I wouldn't take much away from this game. Just the usual act.

Hoosier, that was far from the usual act.

You don't watch this team much, eh?

I certainly know what they are capable of when all cylinders are hitting, what's frustrating is when the players have no clue what happened and how off everything was.

I don't have time to research facts, gotta go to work, have they looked as awful in any 2 games in any of the seasons from 2011-2013, as they did against Indy and Cleveland? I don't count the NE game considering the circumstances and after seeing what NE did to Denver.

Meaning it was MUCH worse of course.

For your viewing displeasure:
/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000424125/Week-10-Andy-Dalton-highlights

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000424125/Week-10-Andy-Dalton-highlights

Ahhhhh make it stop please lol

Oh, they were extra-stinky last night, but overall this performance was of a piece with the rest of their prime-time laughers. Dalton inaccurate and confused? Check. O-line committing dumb penalties and allowing pressure all night? Check. QB and receivers not on the same page? Check. Drops and fumbles by receivers and backs? Checks. D-line gets no pressure and is blown off the ball in the run game? Checks. Teams pitch in with a bad play? Check. Etc., etc.

It's deja vu all over again. This team is made of ice cream: switch on the bright lights and they melt into goo. Why it happens is completely inexplicable. They don't usually play like this Sunday afternoons, but put them on the field any other time and it's a 53-Stooges movie. I can actually understand the players' bafflement. I'm baffled too. But it is what it is and at this point getting upset about it is like getting upset about the tide.

Oh, they were extra-stinky last night, but overall this performance was of a piece with the rest of their prime-time laughers. Dalton inaccurate and confused? Check. O-line committing dumb penalties and allowing pressure all night? Check. QB and receivers not on the same page? Check. Drops and fumbles by receivers and backs? Checks. D-line gets no pressure and is blown off the ball in the run game? Checks. Teams pitch in with a bad play? Check. Etc., etc.

It's deja vu all over again. This team is made of ice cream: switch on the bright lights and they melt into goo. Why it happens is completely inexplicable. They don't usually play like this Sunday afternoons, but put them on the field any other time and it's a 53-Stooges movie. I can actually understand the players' bafflement. I'm baffled too. But it is what it is and at this point getting upset about it is like getting upset about the tide.

I've gotten blasted here, in Florida, locally for saying this type of truth.

Quoting historical franchise stats. Not going bonkers because of it.

I hear, "You're living in the past and expecting and settling for mediocroty. It's time things change and I'm not settling for status quo!"

My response is always the same, "Until this Groundhog Day movie ever comes to an end, it will continue to be what it is. Track records speak for themselves!"

Marvin Lewis "We lost a football game, we didnt fall off a cliff". Nice coach thanks for your awesome input into the game yesterday. All those hours of preparing for the Browns really showed. Marvin Lewis is such an idiot I'm just tired of listening to his answers. I don't know Marvin maybe it was the wind.

I don't know Marvin maybe it was the wind.

No, but if you want to know where my chip lies, I'll tell you. Here's a stat line for you:

9/24/94/0/1, 2 sacks, 10 points

Here's a second:

13/39/93/0/3, 2 sacks, 3 points

You probably recognize that second line as Andy's from last night. The first? That's Carson Palmer, opening day 2008 against Baltimore. Now, Carson famously owned Baltimore (9-5 against the Ravens as a Bengal). Baltimore had a not-so-secret weapon that knew all the ins and outs of the Bengals offense.

5041b5cd163b4183ab2a7d3b6cccde00.jpg

With Big Willie on the sideline whispering everything the O was doing into the Ravens' defenses' ear, the Bengals were sunk. And so after last night I say>

Well played, Baby Hawk, well played.

Yea but it wasn't Grudens offense it was Hues offense?

Not only that but coaches have to be smart enough to know that, and they have to throw plays in the playbook that the browns and Hawkins never seen right? I mean they have been game planning for this for awhile according to Marvin.