Reds vs Pirates

ArmyBengal

I think they'd prefer to roll with 24 if it means they'll have access to Phillips before a 15-day DL period is finished.

Yeah, I didn't ever really consider BP going on the 15 day DL when the talk was he could go if they really needed him to. You never know, but just saying it wasn't the vibe I got when reading about his situation yesterday. Here's to hoping he's back healthy sooner rather than later.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of it comes down to the diagnosis. How likely is he to re-injure it if he comes back now or would he be better off to take another week? They're winning without him and they could use the extra player. If he comes back now and the calf is still bothering him then we know that they made the wrong decision

This blurb stands out in the article:

Phillips was out of the lineup again Sunday, and while Baker said he couldn't pinpoint an exact return date for his Gold Glove second baseman, he did call Phillips "real, real, real close."

/>http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120805&content_id=36161308&notebook_id=36164152&vkey=notebook_cin&c_id=cin

Guess we will see if they were right or wrong.

I'm ok with them being a little cautious.

This pic from todays game kind of blows my mind...

sheen.jpg

Is Charlie Sheen hopping on the bandwagon too? :lol:

I was at that game. I took my 8 year old son, it was Johnny Cueto bobblehead night, so he got a Johnny Cueto bobblehead doll. We both like Cueto's unusual windup, he turns his back almost completely to the batter to conceal as much of his motion/pitching arm as he can.

Anyway, they do this shell game on the scoreboard where they put a fan on camera on the scoreboard, then have him watch an animated shell game where a Skyline chili bowl, a 3-way, and a 5-way, are moved very quickly around. The fan has to follow the one that was put on top of a ball at the beginning of the segment. They put Charlie Sheen on the spot, and he was a good sport about it. While he was following the moving chili bowls, I announced, "Surely he'll pick the 3-way, right?" Nobody laughed. Charlie picked the 5-way, and he was right, so all the fans in some section got free chili.

It was fun to watch the Reds play so well. I'm still a huge Tribe fan, but the tribe lost like their 8th in a row the night we saw the Reds. Going up to see the Tribe some night this week so I'll get to see some starting pitcher give up like 7 runs in 4 innings, get pulled, then watch middle relief do what they do, all the while enjoying batting that has almost completely disappeared.

I announced, "Surely he'll pick the 3-way, right?" Nobody laughed.

Doesn't surprise me in the least. For what it's worth, I laughed when I read it.

My son loves those scoreboard games as well.

He walks around the house when the Reds game is on saying, "Everybody clap your hands" and then proceeds to clap endlessly.

It was fun to watch the Reds play so well. I'm still a huge Tribe fan, but the tribe lost like their 8th in a row the night we saw the Reds. Going up to see the Tribe some night this week so I'll get to see some starting pitcher give up like 7 runs in 4 innings, get pulled, then watch middle relief do what they do, all the while enjoying batting that has almost completely disappeared.

And the way the Tribe lost yesterda was brutal... :eek:

I think they'd prefer to roll with 24 if it means they'll have access to Phillips before a 15-day DL period is finished.

Definitely my thought process. If it ends up going beyond the 15 day mark, then they made a mistake, but certainly not a critical one...

A "critical one" is a scenario where they don't DL now, he re-injures it and they have to DL him later in the year

Definitely my thought process. If it ends up going beyond the 15 day mark, then they made a mistake, but certainly not a critical one...

A "critical one" is a scenario where they don't DL now, he re-injures it and they have to DL him later in the year

It happens. Have to defer to the medical staff on this one...