2nd Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is we better trade up at some point. There is no way there are 10 roster spots available on our team. We need to package 3 or 4 picks and move up into the 2nd or another 3rd and go after some quality, because quantity is not needed (and I am glad to say that). I really don't care to see us cut 4 draft picks and we will if we do not trade up - that's pretty damn obvious! With that said, I do like our first 2 picks - who dey!

All I can say is we better trade up at some point. There is no way there are 10 roster spots available on our team. We need to package 3 or 4 picks and move up into the 2nd or another 3rd and go after some quality, because quantity is not needed (and I am glad to say that). I really don't care to see us cut 4 draft picks and we will if we do not trade up - that's pretty damn obvious! With that said, I do like our first 2 picks - who dey!

agreed. they simply wont have enough roster spots. I'd like to see them either package a 3rd and a 5th for a late 2nd, or worst case scenario, trade some of this years pickd for next years....to the right team, this years 5th or 6th could be worth next years 4th or 5th....and thats a lot better than cutting a 5th Rd pick in the preseason

agreed. they simply wont have enough roster spots. I'd like to see them either package a 3rd and a 5th for a late 2nd, or worst case scenario, trade some of this years pickd for next years....to the right team, this years 5th or 6th could be worth next years 4th or 5th....and thats a lot better than cutting a 5th Rd pick in the preseason

I agree 100%, hoping they can get back into the first part of the second round with some of those lower round picks. I want 4 impact players out of this draft, we have 2 now, here's to two more today.

Have to think they make a move somewhere with all these picks and teams wanting to add more.

We still have 8 picks to make and exactly how many holes to fill ??

I can see RB, DE, OLB, 2 WR's, maybe a DT or a 2nd CB.

Of those spots, a #2 WR has to be a priority, so why not make sure you get the one they view as the best ??

Then again, maybe what they feel is the best can be had a round later. Who knows ??

Anyway around, they could stand to package up some picks and get quality over quantity.

There are still some very good players left on the board !!!

If Reuben Randle lasts until our pick he has to be our guy.

agreed. He and Upshaw are the biggies. Would you trade up for either?

assuming that there is a willing dance partner, then according to trade value chart:

to move up to 4th overall in round would require Bengals 2nd plus Bengals third

to move up to 8th overall would require Bengals 2nd plus Patriots' third

to move up to 15th overall would require Bengals second plus Bengals 4th.

If Reuben Randle lasts until our pick he has to be our guy.

agreed. He and Upshaw are the biggies. Would you trade up for either?

assuming that there is a willing dance partner, then according to trade value chart:

to move up to 4th overall in round would require Bengals 2nd plus Bengals third

to move up to 8th overall would require Bengals 2nd plus Patriots' third

to move up to 15th overall would require Bengals second plus Bengals 4th.

If there is a player that they want, I dont have a problem with any of these scenarios. Extra picks are not needed this year, quality players to fill a few spots are a requirement.

Panthers (8th overall in round) previously talked about the desire to trade down to add picks. If Randle or Upshaw are still available, then there'd be a good match with Bengals.

I'm not confident that either will be around, however, in which case it probably makes more sense to wait it out and hold the extra pick.

Alshon Jeffery is my favorite WR available by far. I still think he'll be the best pro of this class. He's not as complete as AJ Green... but has very similar skills as a downfield threat. He might not get great separation, but he can just go get the ball. He's a unique talent and can take the pressure off Dalton and Green immediately.

I'd also be in favor of the Bengals trading up for either him or for Courtney Upshaw.

And of course, Chris Polk is still very high on my wish list if they stand pat.

Walter's re-mocked the second and third rounds here: http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012redraft_2.php

He has Konz to the Ravens, Glenn to the Browns, Upshaw falling to the Bengals at 53 (I'd crap my pants if that happens), OT Massie to the Steelers and ILB Kendricks to Baltimore in round 2.

In round 3 he gives Bearcat fans a reason to cheer, mocking Pead to the Bengals, then a safety, Markelle Martin, with the Pats pick. Not sure where they would fit another DB in but I'm fine with Pead and Upshaw at 53 would be awesome.

Honestly, I don't really think they can go wrong in the 2nd round.

They can stand pat or trade up and not mess it up.

If we were to end up with Upshaw, Martin, and Pead, that would be a landfall of talent.

Another DB ?? Sure, there are players Martin would push off the roster.

That would still leave them looking for a #2 WR in the 4th round.

Hmmmmm.

I think they can still get jeffrey if they stay put.

If he's still available, I'd snatch him up in an instant, but I'd also be hugely surprised. There are a ton of WR needy teams ahead of them. St. Louis has 2 picks, Jets, Browns, Dolphins, Vikings, Chargers, Buffalo, and maybe even KC with reports Dwayne Bowe will NOT sign his Franchise Tender and sit out if a long term deal is not done.....If they really want Alshon, then they are going to have to move up....just to be safe.

Look, there is Jeffrey, Hill, Randle, and Sanu still hanging around.

The Bengals have said they don't necessarily need a speedster on the outside, just someone who is a capable route runner that will catch the ball more than not. Honestly, I would be happy with any of the above WR's in the 2nd should they go that route.

I think we could really use a RB. James would suit me fine. I like what he did at Oregon.

LaMichael James is my guy....all the way....as my previous post stated.

and......When was the last time you could say the Bengals had a RB who was a threat to score any time he touched the ball?

Options, options, options. I think the Bengals are in a good situation with this draft. Here's Bucky Brooks take on the Bengals pick and a couple of positional needs that he's predicting will still be there after Bengals take the 53rd so in reality they could be legitimate targets.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828a8579/article/secondround-mock-draft-fleener-osweiler-still-available?module=HP11_cp

Vinny Curry, DE

Dwayne Allen, TE

Tommy Streeter, WR

I think we could really use a RB. James would suit me fine. I like what he did at Oregon.

LaMichael James is my guy....all the way....as my previous post stated.

and......When was the last time you could say the Bengals had a RB who was a threat to score any time he touched the ball?

Way too long.

Options, options, options. I think the Bengals are in a good situation with this draft. Here's Bucky Brooks take on the Bengals pick and a couple of positional needs that he's predicting will still be there after Bengals take the 53rd so in reality they could be legitimate targets.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828a8579/article/secondround-mock-draft-fleener-osweiler-still-available?module=HP11_cp

Vinny Curry, DE

Dwayne Allen, TE

Tommy Streeter, WR

If the second goes like this, I hope they jump into the late second or early third for Sanu. That would be a great draft without anymore picks.