Bengalszone is back!

BengalszoneBilly

Can I not argue with Hair and not get suspended in the future?

Sure. You two can have at each other all you want. Page after page after page of the same old s**t. Just do it in the Smack forum. Almost anything goes there.

Can I not argue with Hair and not get suspended in the future?

Sure. You two can have at each other all you want. Page after page after page of the same old s**t. Just do it in the Smack forum. Almost anything goes there.

I'm almost scared to ask what doesn't go on there.... ^_^

Karma is a bitch, Billy.

It certainly is Hair. The thing is you never know which way it's rolling.

To find out which way karma is rolling all you have to do is check for clues. For example, check your calendar. Mine says today is November 24th. Yours says today is November 12th.

:lmao:

Welcome back Hair. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Now I'm moving on.

In the spirit of the season, we hope this interlude might give us cause to reflect on some of the recent goings-on between posters.

Please remember what this site Is all about. It's a place to share thoughts, opinions and information about the Bengals and hopefully enjoy in their successes together. It's not to belittle and insult each other no matter how right you are or how wrong the other guy is.

Please keep that in mind. I think we aren't surprised when trolls from our rivals invade these spaces but the staff has grown weary of the nastiness from within. If folks continue as before they won't be here much longer.

In the spirit of the season, we hope this interlude might give us cause to reflect on some of the recent goings-on between posters.

Please remember what this site Is all about. It's a place to share thoughts, opinions and information about the Bengals and hopefully enjoy in their successes together. It's not to belittle and insult each other no matter how right you are or how wrong the other guy is.

Please keep that in mind. I think we aren't surprised when trolls from our rivals invade these spaces but the staff has grown weary of the nastiness from within. If folks continue as before they won't be here much longer.

You are one of the coolest people on this board. I have no idea how anyone could ever say anything bad about you. Sometimes I am in utter awe when I read your posts. You really should think about taking up a professional career in sports writing. I have tried to mirror your writing style in what I do myself, but it can never measure up to what you do. I hope to one day be able to read something you have written in a nationally syndicated magazine and say, I knew THAT guy.

5259.jpg

I'm not sure how to take your comment. If its a compliment, then thank you. If not...

I was just making a little joke about sucking up and doing some butt kissing...that's what the picture is for. :sure:

Dude... how about just being normal.

I'm not sure how to take your comment. If its a compliment, then thank you. If not...

I was just making a little joke about sucking up and doing some butt kissing...that's what the picture is for. :sure:

Dude... how about just being normal.

Don't tell me we are going to go from one extreme to another. Through all this brouhaha all that was asked was that there be a little better monitoring of the personal attacks and such that really was unwarranted and had nothing to do with discussions. If everyone is going to be on edge about EVERYTHING and we can't joke around or anything, then I might as well move on to another board. I didn't do anything here but have some intense discussions that some people could control themselves and took it to another level that was against forum rules. Now I am labeled an agitator when I have yet to break the rules. So just let me know how it is going to be. I've been posting on another board and things have been quite fine. In fact it seems like there is a little bit more wide spread opinion on topics. I enjoyed posting here but if I can't joke around and instead have to walk around on egg shells, there's no enjoyment.

Let's expand upon that point and reflect on the recent goings-on between other posters AND the mods who referee the disagreements that eventually become full fledged fights and personal attacks if ignored too long. And I say that not to offend, but because one of the few things we all seem to agree upon is things didn't get this way overnight, and with all due respect....whatever moderation we've had in the past has been both inconsistent and inadequate.

Obviously the pendulum has swung back in the other direction. Vauge warnings are being handed out like candy on halloween, and longterm posters are given vacations of varying length based upon the whim and mood of mods who refuse to acknowledge their own roles and responsibility for our current plight. In fact, the shift in moderation seems to be based upon the mistaken belief that bells can be quickly unrung, feathers unruffled, and hurt feelings soothed if each of us vows to be a bit more fake and insincere in the future.

And if we don't we all risk a full fledged messageboard flush, right?

For my part, I say...fair enough. Message recieved loudly and clearly. Going forward when dealing with posters that I clearly don't like and can't respect, and they know who they are, I promise to be much nicer, not because they deserve it, but because I have to. And I have to because might makes right, and threats work. In fact, I've proven for years that threats work very well if the threatened truly believe the threat will be acted upon.

And there's the rub. Because the only real difference between our past and present realities is I no longer have to make those threats myself or act upon them if they're ignored. Rather, I now get to sit back on my hands and watch to see if mods like Billy are more willing to a job he admits he hates doing. And if he is he'll not only find himself protecting the weakest members of this board, but also those of us who have never required any assistance in the past. Billy and the rest of the mods have just cast themselves in the role of my protector and guardian, and I for one am very interested in seeing how well they do THAT job.

I don't envy them.

Last point. Months ago I jokingly proposed each of us agree to grant each other a form of alcoholic amnesty and vow to let past disagreements die silent deaths. Looking back it seems obvious that proposal was ignored, as I fully expected it would be. We weren't ready for it. But I propose the idea anew, not because any of our true feelings towards each other have changed but because they haven't.

More specifically, there's no further need to remind others how little we respect them. After all, they already know, right? For example, I don't have to think very long to figure out who hates me, and I'm sure most of you already know how I feel about you without being reminded on a daily basis. Our problems result from how little we care.

Regardless, I hereby propose each of us grant each other alcoholic and stupidity related amnesty to everyone who posts here. And if doing so requires each of us to be more insincere in the future then so be it. Messageboard harmony sometimes requires sacrifices, and those sacrifices may require petty slights cast at our feet be increasing ignored, punches be pulled, and hard glances be replaced with fake insincere smiles.

We can do this. I have faith in all of you.

:cheers: