6-2 time to break on through!

Spor_tees

The Bengals managed to somehow pull a 6-2 record with a rookie QB and a starting rookie WR. Not to mention they are playing a new offensive system under a rookie offensive coordinator. So what's next? Can they break through to the playoffs? Some sites such as PFT and ESPN have become to warmup to what they call the most well balanced team in the NFL. So it comes down to this next 5 game stretch.

Pittsburgh at home, Baltimore on the road, Cleveland at home, Pittsburgh on the road, and Houston at home. That is probably the most brutal stretch of 5 games in the NFL. Can the Bengals at least pull out 3 wins or more? If they just win the home games that's at least 3 there.

:sure:

Pitt and Baltimore are very beatable IMO, guess I'm rooting for Baltimore tonight - sucks being in a division with 3 2-loss teams at this point.

It does worry me that the Bengals' offensive line struggles so much still - it always seems to be up to Dalton/Green to make some crazy plays just to put 14-21 points up and lean on the defense to close it out. If this team had a better 0-line they'd be lights out good.

But, I do believe our team is for real - first 5 game win streak since 1988. Dalton's a winner, gotta little Brees/Brady in him.

Pitt and Baltimore are very beatable IMO, guess I'm rooting for Baltimore tonight - sucks being in a division with 3 2-loss teams at this point.

It does worry me that the Bengals' offensive line struggles so much still - it always seems to be up to Dalton/Green to make some crazy plays just to put 14-21 points up and lean on the defense to close it out. If this team had a better 0-line they'd be lights out good.

But, I do believe our team is for real - first 5 game win streak since 1988. Dalton's a winner, gotta little Brees/Brady in him.

Yeah Andre Smith is a big fat sack of crap. I lost any last hope in him today in the 4th quarter. The Bengals ran a sweep to the right with Scott, and the TE cross blocked with Smith who then turned up field to block. With Scott right behind him, there were THREE defenders to block in front of him. Uhmm yeah, he whiffed on all three guys and ended up turning around to watch Scott get tackled. I about broke the remote to my tv watching that. Then consistently throughout the game, if it wasn't a penalty, he was doing 'ole' blocks letting the DE force Dalton out of the pocket. He makes me physically ill to watch each week. The priceless play of the game though was made by Livings. When he got that illegal procedure penalty where he pulled behind Cook, and Cook snapped the ball into his side, I couldn't do anything but laugh at the idiot.

The Bengals managed to somehow pull a 6-2 record with a rookie QB and a starting rookie WR. Not to mention they are playing a new offensive system under a rookie offensive coordinator. So what's next? Can they break through to the playoffs? Some sites such as PFT and ESPN have become to warmup to what they call the most well balanced team in the NFL. So it comes down to this next 5 game stretch.

Pittsburgh at home, Baltimore on the road, Cleveland at home, Pittsburgh on the road, and Houston at home. That is probably the most brutal stretch of 5 games in the NFL. Can the Bengals at least pull out 3 wins or more? If they just win the home games that's at least 3 there.

:sure:

We can beat Pitt and Balt, both are beatable with this team. Can we beat both back to back? That is a tough one, I think we can beat Pitt, lose at Balt, beat Cleveland, beat Pitt again, loss at Houston, beat STL and Arizona and it'll probably come down to that final game against Baltimore, possibly for the division. Then again the way this team is playing we could sweep both of them like in 2009. I definitely think we make the playoffs and with the way we're crushing the past we could even win some playoff games.

Take care of business vs. Cleveland, Arizona and St. Louis = 9 wins.

Of the other five "hard" games they may need as few as 1 to make the playoffs, though they'll need more in the division if they want to go in higher than a wild card.

You can't say that. With the way the AFC North is shaping up, You have to finish no worse than second in the division to make the playoffs. So if the Bengals beat Cleveland, Houston, Arizona, and St. Louis, and lose all their games to Baltimore and Pittsburgh, finish third in the division, and probably don't go to the playoffs with 10 wins.

Im not sure about playoffs, but wow im so happy about this team right now.

Take it one game at a time, and if they can stop hurting themselves on drives, they would be even better.

There o-line does bother me, they need to learn to come off the ball better. They come off high and get pushed back which makes the running game go nowhere. If they could learn to run the ball, the offense would be that much better. All i can say is at least Andy is not a statue back there.

Pass defense worries me some against Ben, because there WR are fast as hell. So pressure will be huge if they can get to Ben quick next week that will help out big time.

Take care of business and see where it takes them, and all i know right now is im so happy about this team, love there toughness.

Andy Dalton is a winner he just knows how to win.

You can't say that.

Yeah I can.

In fact, I just did.

Whatcha gonna do about it, tough guy? :lol::P

You deserve to get slimed.

Funny, Ghostbusters was just on this afternoon. Still a great flick.

I was thinking more along the lines of the tv show "You can't say that on television." Where if you said I don't know you got slimed, and if you said water you got drenched with water. It was where Alanis Morrisette made her professional debut.

Im not sure about playoffs, but wow im so happy about this team right now.

Take it one game at a time, and if they can stop hurting themselves on drives, they would be even better.

There o-line does bother me, they need to learn to come off the ball better. They come off high and get pushed back which makes the running game go nowhere. If they could learn to run the ball, the offense would be that much better. All i can say is at least Andy is not a statue back there.

Pass defense worries me some against Ben, because there WR are fast as hell. So pressure will be huge if they can get to Ben quick next week that will help out big time.

Take care of business and see where it takes them, and all i know right now is im so happy about this team, love there toughness.

Andy Dalton is a winner he just knows how to win.

One thing about this defense that surprises me the most, the fewer guys they send on a blitz, the better off they are. When they send these all out jailbreak blitzes Hasselback would simply throw over the top of them to a hot route TE or RB, who would then turn it into a 10 yard gain or more. If they rush just one guy, on the same side as Dunlap, they get pressure on the QB and things happen. Oddly enough I can't really remember any corner or safety blitzes today, only LB blitzes.

They did shut the titans down in the 2nd half, with Chris Johnson getting like 8 yards

Hasselback was just over 100 yards, so they did a great job the second half, wish they could just put it toghter like the 2nd half for all 4 quarters, then this defense would be dominant!!!

Look at it this way. Zimmer watched a half of football, sized up the other team, and made halftime adjustments.

When was the last time you saw anybody post those words here?

I'm saying never.

There for awhile in the first half I was wondering if someone snuck Brat's play book in, because it seemed like guys had no idea where to line up, didn't know who to block, and Dalton was just flinging the ball all over the field. Then it was like a light bulb came on, and the guys started to use their brains again. Jerome Simpson may have caught a TD but he needs replaced. Holding penalties and his laziness penalty of not getting back to the line of scrimmage when they were trying to quick snap on second and one was ridiculous. I guess every team has their knuckleheads.

Man AJ Green is a beast isn't he? I'm not going to toot my own horn...ok yeah I will. I said after the second game of the season that there were certain plays the Bengals needed to add in, like The TE screen, WR screens, FB screens, more draw plays, and quick throws to the WRs and let them make plays. The play I wanted to see the most was more of the QB pass/run option plays that Dalton threw a TD to Cochart today on. The Bengals are using a full arsenal of those now and look how well they are playing!