What Are Your Biggest High and Low Moments So Far?

Spor_tees

Looking back so far this season, what would you say are your biggest high and low points of the Bengal's season?

The high point for me was in the Buffalo game late in the 4th quarter on a third and 3, Dalton pulled down the ball and stretched for the first down marker. At first it was ruled a yard short, but after instant replay he was awarded the first down. The Bengals then went on to kick the game winning FG that drive. Buffalo has been the best team they played this year and that was the difference. A close runner up would have been Dalton's interception in the Jags came where Dalton tackled Landry at the 2 yard line preventing a TD, and the defense ended up holding the Jags to a FG. That could have been the difference in the game.

As for the low point in the season. It's actually not a player but the coach. I think it was a HUGE mistake for Marvin Lewis to not let Nugent try the 52 yard FG in the 4th quarter against the Broncos. The Bengals were down 2 points with about 4 minutes to play. If Marvin had enough confidence in his defense that they would get the ball back, then he should have had enough confidence in his kicker who hadn't missed a FG at that point, to make a 52 yarder. It's like when you play poker, you can muck bad hands all day, but when your stacks start to get low, you eventually gotta go all in. Don't go down without a fight, and that's what I think Marvin did in that game.

Thus far I'd say the biggest highs are the way the D has played, along with how well Dalton and Green have settled and performed. Also the picks for Palmer - while I admire Mike Browns stance on not being dictated too, I also relish what we have coming our way in the draft in exchange for a wasted number on the roster.

The biggest lows are the losses - games we could have won and maybe should have won, but hey learning curves etc etc.

At the start of the season I'd have settled for where we are right now after 6 games

My high point? Probably after snapping three bongs in a row immediately after seeing AJ Green burn a Cleveland defense that was still breaking the huddle.

My low point? Probably watching as two of my favorite Bengalzone posters receive either self-imposed or mandatory timeouts immediately after the Carson Palmer trade.

My high point? Probably after snapping three bongs in a row immediately after seeing AJ Green burn a Cleveland defense that was still breaking the huddle.

My low point? Probably watching as two of my favorite Bengalzone posters receive either self-imposed or mandatory timeouts immediately after the Carson Palmer trade.

You are a more violent pothead than I ever imagined. But you sure sink to new lows awefully easy. Try smoking some St. John's Wart, maybe that will even you out.

Just kidding don't do that...I don't want to get served with involuntary manslaughter indictment! :cheers:

The high point for me is not necessarily one single event, but rather the poise and development of Dalton and Green. I expected the defense to be good, and they deserve major props for how they have played, but I totally did not expect the two rookies to be playing so well this early.

My low point is the same as yours BallBreaker. There's no reason not to take that shot in that situation, especially in Denver. A 52 yard FG out here is like a 47 yarder everywhere else. I wanted to go to that game badly, but every Bengals game I have ever gone to, they lost. So I've decided not to jinx them anymore.

Low Point - Learning that PBS had a grill that wasn't working. Thanks Paul Doucherty.

High Point - The whole transfer of power triggered by the beautiful quitter - Carson, Brat, and Chad gone, repalced by Dalton, Gruden, and AJ. I can root fully for my team now. I had a hard time rooting for Chad. Even Carson is his last year, I don't know how to describe it other than to say his play was sort of an organic manifestation of the word "vague". I didn't really enjoy watching him last year.