Dalton Probable for Denver

HoosierCat

I thought both QBs played well all things considered. No picks by either, not too many poor throws or decisions, and both QBs would have better numbers if Simpson had actual hands instead of wood paddles attached to his arms. There's plenty of room for improvement but for a rookie making his first NFL start and a backup who got few reps in camp and preseason with the first team, it was a good day.

That is good news, i did like what Dalton did while he was in there. Props to Grad for coming in and running a effecient 2 quarters!

As far as Simpson he did have some nice catches, but yea i think he will improve though.

No where to go up for this team though, good way to build confidence!!

Talking about confidence, over at the Browns forum there is none to be found. As far as I can tell mass Hari Kari is being committed in Brown Town. For the most part they were predicting a huge blowout for Cleveland.

Also Hair, I hope you got your just deserts from your Brownie fan wife.

I do think its going to be a though game for Dalton if plays against Denver. I think denvers pass rush will be tough with Von Miller there now also. So hope the o-line steps up next week for whoever is at QB!

Don't forget Elvis Dumervil is back this year too. He missed almost all of last year with an injury.

Well they did show him trying to throw the ball on the side and he couldnt grip the ball right!

Yeah. They showed O.J. trying to put on a glove in his trial, and that didn't happen either. Dalton is not hurt. It was an excuse to get the veteran in the game.

Well they did show him trying to throw the ball on the side and he couldnt grip the ball right!

Yeah. They showed O.J. trying to put on a glove in his trial, and that didn't happen either. Dalton is not hurt. It was an excuse to get the veteran in the game.

Ok then why would they want to get the vet into the game when Andy was playing a great first half???? He was playing mistake free football, and a rateing over 100, so why would they want to get him out for??

And why would they want to do that? Dalton was playing well. Gradkowski was arguably worse, with only the Green TD toss saving him.

Why would the Bengals pull a QB who was 10/15, 80-something yards and 1 TD, no picks, for a No. 2 who had few reps in practice or preseason in a tight game? Sorry, makes no sense.

Ok then why would they want to get the vet into the game when Andy was playing a great first half???? He was playing mistake free football, and a rateing over 100, so why would they want to get him out for??

And why would they want to do that? Dalton was playing well. Gradkowski was arguably worse, with only the Green TD toss saving him.

Why would the Bengals pull a QB who was 10/15, 80-something yards and 1 TD, no picks, for a No. 2 who had few reps in practice or preseason in a tight game? Sorry, makes no sense.

Guys I was watching the game. Not at any time did I see Dalton hurt his hand/wrist/whatever. Not a single poster here even commented on it until Gradkowski replaced him at QB.

He was not hurt. The coaching staff decided to change up at QB, and it seemed more palatable to claim it was due to injury rather than lack of confidence in the rookie.

Guys I was watching the game. Not at any time did I see Dalton hurt his hand/wrist/whatever. Not a single poster here even commented on it until Gradkowski replaced him at QB.

He was not hurt. The coaching staff decided to change up at QB, and it seemed more palatable to claim it was due to injury rather than lack of confidence in the rookie.

Yes they did Lap said right after there last drive in the half after Taylor hit, him that trainers were looking at him on the sidelines. Dalton never came out of the second half till the bengals were already on the field because he was getting an x-ray. When he came out, Lap said the trainers have been working with him to see if he could go, Dalton was throwing on the side but could not grip the ball right! So yes they did say it. Dalton said its not broken, because he didnt hear anything pop, but he didnt have feeling in it.

So why would they take out a QB when he was playing great, when he actully had a better game then Grad did?? If thats the case then you might as well give up on Dalton this year, because that means the bengals gave up on Dalton after 2 quarters, 2 really good quarters where he didnt make the stupid mistakes. So if he plays next week, and thats really what they did then the bengals are even more stupid then i have ever thought

Yes they did Lap said right after there last drive in the half after Taylor hit, him that trainers were looking at him on the sidelines. Dalton never came out of the second half till the bengals were already on the field because he was getting an x-ray. When he came out, Lap said the trainers have been working with him to see if he could go, Dalton was throwing on the side but could not grip the ball right! So yes they did say it. Dalton said its not broken, because he didnt hear anything pop, but he didnt have feeling in it.

So why would they take out a QB when he was playing great, when he actully had a better game then Grad did?? If thats the case then you might as well give up on Dalton this year, because that means the bengals gave up on Dalton after 2 quarters, 2 really good quarters where he didnt make the stupid mistakes. So if he plays next week, and thats really what they did then the bengals are even more stupid then i have ever thought

Well I missed that then. How come nobody here cared to mention it when it happened?

It was at halftime, it was on that last drive, and nobody knew if he would come back in or how serious it would be. When he went in at halftime Lap said they did x-rays, they said when he came out of the locker room after everybody else was out he was in a ball cap not a helmet, thats when i found out he wasnt coming back in.

I thought Andy looked great and it would be stupid to make him lose his confidence after looking really good. If the bengals line protects him like they did in the first quarter you can see how Andy can throw the ball, he looked pretty darn good. In the second quarter the line didnt protect as well, and didnt give him the time, and they let up like 3 sacks! So protect Dalton or give him some plays outside the pocket to help him out. I think Dalton can be the QB of the future just protect him like you need too.

Whitworth leaving in a boot worries me alittle, not sure hot serious it really is. Whitworth didnt seemed concerned Hobson said but who knows

Well I missed that then. How come nobody here cared to mention it when it happened?

Because we really are all out to get you, of course. It's a conspiracy! :lol::sure::cheers:

Just give a brother a heads up when s**t like that happens Dave! ^_^

Billy, it happened just ahead of the half, CBS dropped the ball on really covering it, and most of us were not listening to Lapham on the radio. When CBS finally got around to covering it, it was coming out of the half when they really focused on the hit where he came up holding his arm.

Billy, it happened just ahead of the half, CBS dropped the ball on really covering it, and most of us were not listening to Lapham on the radio. When CBS finally got around to covering it, it was coming out of the half when they really focused on the hit where he came up holding his arm.

And I was either in the bathroom or pouring another Bourbon.

I just never caught it Aaron.