I'm back

walzav29

I've been disgusted with the NFL, Carson Palmer, and the Bengals. I was hoping to get the fans together to at least have a voice, and thats impossible. In the big picture, who really cares. What will be the Bengals move at #4? I'm usually all over this, but I'm just getting back into it. Who watched Miami (OH) back in Ben's day? What kind of offense did he run? I'm wondering if Cam, just might be a gamer. I guarantee Gabbert is a bust.

Am I alone in hating Blaine Gabbert? Given the choice of Gabbert and Newton. I'll take Newton. Green just seems like another WR diva issue. I've had my fill of that. I don't like the logic of shoe-horning a QB who isn't worthy of the pick. I want Nick Fairly.

You are not alone sir. To me Gabbert is Alex Smith2. Julio Jones would be a much better pick at WR if we were to go that route. AJ Green is a diva and really just not a good fit for us, but I believe he will be a Bengal unfortunately. I want Newton and I want him bad. I got a fever and the only prescription is Cam Newton.

I don't like Gabbert either and will go on and say if the line of thought is to take Jones instead of Green because he is a better blocker (which i've heard numerous times) I would say someone is missing the whole f*cking point of taking a "receiver". Green is the better pro prospect hands down and is more consistent of the two. His ability to separate from defenders is my main point of choice between the two and while Jones ran a ridiculous 40 at the combine, it shows on tape that he rarely if ever plays at that speed.

That being said, trade down and give me Robert Quinn.

Thank you...

Newton ?? While I will admit to being intrigued, I really would rather not.

Oh don't get me wrong Billy.

If Newton is still on the board at #4, I fully expect the Bengals to do backflips to the podium.

If we do get him at least my intrigue would be answered and I would root him on just the same.

I don't think it'll come to that. I really expect him to go #1 to Carolina. That being said I believe Nick Fairley will be the BPA at that time, and I won't be upset at all with that pick either.

Am I alone in hating Blaine Gabbert? Given the choice of Gabbert and Newton. I'll take Newton. Green just seems like another WR diva issue. I've had my fill of that. I don't like the logic of shoe-horning a QB who isn't worthy of the pick. I want Nick Fairly.

No. I declared my hatred of the idea of Gabbert a few months ago, and particularly my hatred of Gabbert at #4. Just a terrible thought, and I refuse to even consider it as possible.

I wonder the impact that Gruden will have on the selection of QB. I would hope they are getting his input, and not just saying here you go. Wouldn't it be a great feeling to see the Bengals build through the lines instead of the glamour positions? Man I hope they don't go WR/QB with 4th pick.

I keep thinking people are forgetting that we only have Shipley under contract after this season.

WR is a GLARING need for this team with or without f*ckface Chad coming back.

Sure you can argue the need to fill that hole at #4, but I would argue strongly that hating a WR at #4 would be a bit shortsighted.

Why ?? Well, because unless they intend on trading down, there isn't a single OL prospect worthy of being selected that high.

The same could be said for several positions. DE, RB, Safety, so on and so on.

QB ?? While I absolutely hate the idea of one at #4, there's no denying they will be taking one within the first few picks.

Now I wouldn't have much to complain about with seeing Dareus or Fairley being the pick at #4, but again, I don't think the organization would be willing to pull the trigger on them when considering they have Peko, Tank, Atkins, Sims, and several others that they move back and forth from the DE spot. While you don't have to like they do that, it is what it is.

DE is the only spot I wouldn't really mind seeing them go with the #4 spot and not be concerned with someone thinking it's a reach.

That being said, I think they will look at the DE position the same way they look at the DT spot and pass.

I fully expect Green to be the pick at #4 minus a trade down or Newton making it to them at #4.

I have no issues with Green being in stripes next season either.

I have a problem with Green being the pick. I haven't really checked out the WR's, but there has to be value in the 3rd round. If it's that much of a need. For some reason I feel gun shy to take an Alabama player with foot issues. Does this team EVER learn from past mistakes? We'll find out. Green seems like a diva wr who will add drama. Reaching for a QB at #4 should just remember the Klingler and Smith.

WR is not a glaring need. You can resign Simpson or Caldwell pretty cheaply because I'm pretty sure they will be RFA. Taking a receiver at 4 is just retarded. Green reminds me more of Charles Rogers than Randy Moss. Pass on receiver, take a dlineman or Newton and will till late for a receiver. Look at the patriots or steelers, how many round one receivers do they have?

Ok, it's "simple". So you and I thinking something should be "simple" means it will happen ??

I would have to go back and look to see if they are restricted or not, but either way, we are talking about Simpson and Caldwell.

One who hasn't been smart enough to see active time until injuries required his service. (I did like what I saw)

Another who was tagged as "the most improved WR" coming into last season, only to see him catch a whole 25 balls for 345 yards and no TD's.

So outside of that, what do they have ?? Shipley.

Sorry, I'm just not comfortable with that and to be so, is where I would firmly place the "retarded" label.

I don't know where the "diva" stuff is coming from either in regards to Green. He got in trouble for selling his college gear and paid the price for doing so. I think that's a bunch of sh*t to start with, but it's irrelevant to the conversation. I haven't seen anything to indicate he's going to be a "diva". Baldwin out of Pitt is getting more press for that than any WR in the draft. Is someone really going to complain having a WR corps of Green, Simpson, Caldwell, and Shipley ?? Add in Gresham to that mix and you have exactly what you are looking to provide a rookie who looks to be starting from day one.

Again, I'm not in the camp that says Green needs to be the pick 100% and could easily argue for another player, but to simply throw out what he would bring to us is silly. To further make the argument that Jones is the better WR is also silly. While I think he's a good WR and will be productive in the league, he's not Green's equal. NOT. Add in broken foot and I see Demaryius Thomas.

Newton won't be there, but agree he would be the pick should he fall.

D-line ?? I'm cool there as well, but AGAIN, I don't think the coaches are looking at it as quite the need we are to address it at #4.

I would have no issue with them addressing the D-line and hope they do, I'm just of the mindset they won't.

At least with the #4 pick.

I agree. I think they will go offense. It just seems that the Bengals are historically bad an overrating talent. Peko and Sims are solid but wouldn't start on many teams. Their defensive ends are coming around but Johnson seems to be a pure pass rusher at this point.

It would be nice to have an all-pro stud. When was the last time the Bengals had that? Krumrie? Point being, this team neglects the defensive front 4 worse than any other area on this team.

Just like the draft pick thread, I think it bears repeating that you have to think what the organization and coaches are thinking about the players we already have in place when it comes time to replace them. Point being, is there a player that can come in to start right away that presents a much bigger improvement to what we currently have.

At #4 who answers that question better ??

As much as it pains me to say, QB and WR are tops. I simply don't like the QB option and Green is the only real answer.

I would LOVE to argue for Robert Quinn, but again, you already have Marvin stating he's not looking to get rid of an Odom or Geathers until Dunlap shows more productivity. That being the case, who goes ?? I have an easy answer to that, but I don't think the coaches would agree.

I simply don't think that thought can be overlooked when thinking about the draft.

It would be nice to have an all-pro stud. When was the last time the Bengals had that? Krumrie?

Carlos Dunlap would like to speak with you

Now.

It'd be great if he can reach that level. He very well might. It still doesn't hide the fact the defense needs to get stronger up front. If Green is there and he's the best player. Take him.

However, if the Bengals don't address the defense in a big way expect a long year. No experienced QB and a mediocre defense doesn't bode well. It will put us in the running for Luck, however.