Conspiracy Theory

walzav29

Here is what I think is going on or will go on behind the scenes. Mike Brown will call Jay Gruden into his office, and let him know that they want to take Cam Newton with the 4th pick, and if Gruden act's like Cam is a "perfect fit" for his offense he will be 1st in line to take over when Marvin's contract is up.

if mike brown drafts cam newton. i would love to see marvin at the very moment the pick is in. get up walk across the room and punch mike brown in the face!

Seeing as this is a "conspiracy theory" thread would Marvin get up from behind a grassy knoll???

Retard. You take the best player available. Marvin knows that. If Cam's there, Cam's our guy.

I dont see him as the best player, and I hope you are wrong about them taking him if he is there. I believe he will be there, because he has to many ?'s surrounding his accuracy and defensive reading skills. He is a large-scale project as a NFL QB.

I can't say I think Cam will be the Best Player Available at #4 either and I hope he isn't the pick but I overheard one of the analysts make a comment the other day about taking a QB that made sense to me. That is:

If you think a QB is good enough to take at #10 and think he will be a franchise type QB, then he's good enough to take anywhere in the top 10.

If they pick Cam at #4, I won't really be surprised, but they will really leave some other holes that probably should have been addressed at that point.

I can't say I think Cam will be the Best Player Available at #4 either and I hope he isn't the pick but I overheard one of the analysts make a comment the other day about taking a QB that made sense to me. That is:

If you think a QB is good enough to take at #10 and think he will be a franchise type QB, then he's good enough to take anywhere in the top 10.

IMHO Cam Newton is realistically no better than the 20th best player in the draft until you attempt to do the impossible. That being, place a hard value on a players intangibles.

Oh don't get me wrong, there is a big part of me that is intrigued at what a Cam Newton could do in Gruden's west coast offense and if you get him a shiny new WR at the top of the 2nd, it could be very interesting going forward. That being said, I can't see the organization taking that big of a risk to see if it indeed becomes interesting.

Again, I won't be surprised if he is the pick and will support it should it happen.

I just don't think it will.

I'm still deep in the AJ Green pick and I don't have a problem with that either.